Shanghai DL could get the first Disney / Marvels Land or Attraction ?

Thats an insteresting question .

As HKDL and WDW now sells Marvels Toys . Disney could build its first Marvels Land in SDL ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Shanghai DL could get the first Disney / Marvels Land or Attraction ?

I'm sorry, but I sure hope not. Not as long as it's going to be a Magic Kingdom style park. I've read and seen marvel. The characters just don't possess that genuine Disney-ness that Disney characters do. Here's an idea: Let's dump them in Disney's Hollywood Studios! or even better! let's sell them to someone else!!!! I'm not optomistic about Marvel in the parks... or untasteful characters in the parks either. But I guess we'll see how this plays out. Place them right, immerse people in the theme, make it have Disney Magic (somehow?) and it might work... but as I said, I have MANY doubts.

mmm No please I hope not! I cannot see the magic in marvel... and I can't imagine it in a disneyland-style disney theme park!! I think it's better to earn money with attractions in another theme parks (disney or other companies like six flags or universal). If they include a Marvel-land area the will be ruinning walt's concept of a disney theme park!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by gonzabar77 View Post
    mmm No please I hope not! I cannot see the magic in marvel... and I can't imagine it in a disneyland-style disney theme park!! I think it's better to earn money with attractions in another theme parks (disney or other companies like six flags or universal). If they include a Marvel-land area the will be ruinning walt's concept of a disney theme park!
    It wont be "ruining Walt's concept of a Disney theme park" in anyway if a marvel land was built. Im okay with Marvel at a Disney theme park BUT if there is a super-awesome E-Ticket based on Marvel at that same park. A marvel-land could be built and it has the potential to be highly themed and there are many opportunities for WDI to make E-Tickets based on Marvel hence it will be up to Disney standards or even exceed them. But WDC are just throwing Marvel in their parks even though Marvel has no presence at those parks.

• Dreamer

Just because Disney bought the Marvel franchise doesn't mean they are obliged to represent them in any of their parks. If they want to do so, Universal is more than happy to do so.

And to answer your question, I gotta give ya' a big, fat NO.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by gonzabar77 View Post
    I´d rather see a few great mega rides with marvel theme than the trash they are building in WDS and HKDL.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• I see in Muppet Vision

i could see marvel characters in tomorrowland. idk about a whole land devoted to them but a ride in tomorrowland kind of like how star wars has star tours....
    Last edited by LongIslandGuy; 07-16-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I´d rather see a few great mega rides with marvel theme than the trash they are building in WDS and HKDL.
    Trash? I don't see how Mystic Manor and the Grizzly Peak Mine Train look like trash.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Toy Story Land looks like trash but not Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch. But the good thing about Toy Story Land is that it acts as a filler. Many people will go to TSL to pass their time and after TSL has served its purpose it can EASILY be replaced by another land (maybe themed to Indy) because the rides are ultimately carnival rides.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I know a certain well-informed Disney podcaster/blogger personality said in a podcast a few months ago that Shanghai Disney would get Marvel characters, but I don't think that man knows very much about comic books. He also talked about John Lasseter mulling over an Ant-Man movie, even though Marvel already signed the rights to such a thing over to Edgar Wright. Disney-Marvel's first big together project turned out to be Runaways. So much for that guy's knowledge!

Do I think Marvel will show up in Shanghai? Not a chance!

Marvel, and DC, well the whole US comics industry really, but Marvel and DC are really into the whole rah rah USA USA evil foreigner stereotype stuff. I hate to get into an argument about politics, but look: Their mascots are a New York hipster type, Captain America and his more diplomatic patriotism, and Iron Man and his more Cheney-esque "peace through superior firepower" patriotism.

The whole Civil War event was Cap and Iron Man as an allegory of America's heading in the war on terror era, and the X-Men often face politicians and the American public as an enemy of sorts when they're being used (as they frequently are) to represent blacks or gays or another minority.

There's a heavy dose of pride and criticism, but it's all served with a very amero-centric view.

This stuff will never appear in the land of Comrade Mao and his memory hole.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I hope not, I'm not that big on Marvel and to have a whole land wouldn't capture my attention. Even a ride would be too much for me. I hope they just stick to Disney, original, Pixar, and with the help of George Lucas rides. The least Disney could do is just sell shirts and toys of Marvel characters. I don't have much of a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Sorcerer in Training

NOOOOOO! That's blasephemy!
    YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
    -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
    -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571