Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: July 2010 Concept Artwork

Where is space mountain?
    Tomorrowland does not look like a Tomorrowland. The buildngs look like ruins or something...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

I think it looks very tiny, with just one major attraction per land. Also judging the size of the cars in the parking lot, trains, doorways and such - it really looks very tiny. 2/3 of it looks like mostly rivers and mountains. Kinda looks like they have the Matterhorn in FL just to the right and a bit behind the castle, too.

• Minion

Not that I'm being critical (much) but re: the scale of things - this isn't a exact blueprint! It could be just a "visual study" type thing to give a general impression of the park with selective compression.

Plus there's no guarantee that this is the final approved design.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

True, it's not a blueprint - but why make the scale of details like the cars, trains, etc so large? Just makes the park itself appear so much smaller, and I would think that whomever painted this would want to try to make it appear larger in scale, not smaller.

• Minion

^That is true. But I can't really make out the cars. I presume its the grey blob to the left? However using the SDLRR as a scale marker and I start to see everyones concerns.

On a positive note, that DTD area and parkland (DTD expansion pad?) does look quite interesting.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Grey blob with little dashes...

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Exprcoofto View Post
    If you look harder into the artwork you'll notice that the castle is very unique. There is no direct entrance straight off of Main Street, instead, there is two entrances. This could be because there is two "castles". Looking closely it appears there is a "Fairytale Castle" (which it's design doesn't look duplicated) and to the left, almost morphed into it, is some sort of "Dark Mountain/Castle" possibly themed to villains. As for the rest of Fantasyland, it seems to be quite compact full of different attractions.
    I noticed this too. To the right it seems like a rustic more provincial looking castle like one seen in a fairytale and to the left appears to be a very different looking caste structure. idk if i would say it looks like villians because it is bright and almost looks aquatic but that is a possibility. And behind that pinkish aquatic looking castle is some kind of dark mountainous structure...

The Tomorrowland shown seems unique too and not a clone of any previous ones. It actually looks like it has quite a bit of influence from Tim Delaney. And that "Space Mountain" building is quite large - is this an attempt at Discovery Mountain that was originally planned for DLP?
    Yes the space mountain is huge in comparison to the whole park! (idk how some of you guys can't see it) It dominates tomorrow land. It seems that there is also a futuristic platform for the SDLRR

As for Frontierland, this concept art is showing some resemblance to WRE. The waterfalls coming off the rocks in the background as well as the wide river match the WRE concept art. Who knows if it's identical, but it seems to have some influence.

As for ALand, I wish we could see a bit more - but the fireworks cover half the land. Though with the island design, it seems to be a very similar concept to Disneyland Paris' Adventureland.
    These areas in the picture show very little detail beside what you mentioned about the waterfalls. idk if it is just me but in front of the frontierland island it looks like there is something in front of it. almost like a fish, or a boat, or something... and to the left of the island it looks like there is half of a ship sunk. could SDL not be getting a frontierland and perhaps a pirates themed land? just a thought. (but i feel that it is a frontierland similar to DLP and that i am just over analyzing a vague piece of concept art)

The theming of Main Street is unkown, but Time Delaney did do some concept art for unique approaches at a new theme for Main Street. The codename on his concept art his "Project Bueno" which was also used for other parts of the Shanghai project.
    Yes it is VERY hard to tell what is going on down there. It almost looks like there is Main street and the another street running parallel to it on the right up to the hub. (perhaps broadway? with a theater to see a Disney Theatrical show. now that is just a thought. or maybe just an arcade to deal with crowding issues...)

Something else very noticeable is everything going on outside of the park. There seems to be a hotel way up on the top left of the artwork which has a waterway access into the Frontierland/Adventureland area - maybe boat transportation right into the park? It also appears they have plans for a Disney Village/Downtown Disney area right outside of the main gate.

While it has it's resemblance to a classic Disneyland park, it also looks like it's going to have unique approaches to each area. I can't wait to see more concept art in the future.
    There also appears to be a hotel at the very bottom of the concept art.

I think that you cannot use the railroad as a indication of how big the park is. I think it is just larger to emphasize that there is in fact a railroad circling the park. without making that bigger it would be hard to tell it was there without squinting....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Where is space mountain?
    Tomorrowland does not look like a Tomorrowland. The buildngs look like ruins or something...
    To me tomorrowland looks almost exactly like Discoveryland in Paris...I can even make out the airship that sticks out of Videopolis...main difference in the land being that the concept features the larger version of Discovery (aka Space) Mountain that eventually got nixed in Paris.
    Down with the Hat

• Vehicle rotating backward

Some rather creative stuff people have posted in this thread. Castles in mountains, Light/Dark castles, etc.

My attention was drawn more to the west side and the water. I really doubt this park will have a proper Frontierland, or even a Tokyo-esque Westernland given that it's hosts and partial financier. But if you notice, the Rivers of Wherever takes a diversion underneath the rails and outside of the berm to something. Looks like it COULD be a hotel.

I was just thinking that it would be interesting if there was some sort of way you ride in and out of the park to your hotel there. Kind of like Rafts to Tom Sawyers Island, but hopefully more comfortable, but to a hotel.

It'd be an interesting way to get in/out of the park if you're a guest.

• Minion

^^ That sounds pretty creative too

To my eyes, the whole park looks similar to Paris, especially Frontierland. The waterfalls are probably just decorative elements, like cascade peak at Disneyland (Anaheim) used to be (pic below):

Down with the Hat

• Minion

That would be quite a nice addition to any park.

Walt Disney

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Some rather creative stuff people have posted in this thread. Castles in mountains, Light/Dark castles, etc.

My attention was drawn more to the west side and the water. I really doubt this park will have a proper Frontierland, or even a Tokyo-esque Westernland given that it's hosts and partial financier. But if you notice, the Rivers of Wherever takes a diversion underneath the rails and outside of the berm to something. Looks like it COULD be a hotel.

I was just thinking that it would be interesting if there was some sort of way you ride in and out of the park to your hotel there. Kind of like Rafts to Tom Sawyers Island, but hopefully more comfortable, but to a hotel.

It'd be an interesting way to get in/out of the park if you're a guest.
    The more i look at the picture the more i see what we are calling frontierland seems to me more of a pirates cove... the one thing sticking up looks like a shipwreck and there is nothing really else visible besides the clay coloring in the land.... The land that is most detailed is "tomorrowland"

Exprcoofto mentioned that about the hotel with the river connecting it to adventureland already.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandGuy View Post
    The more i look at the picture the more i see what we are calling frontierland seems to me more of a pirates cove... the one thing sticking up looks like a shipwreck and there is nothing really else visible besides the clay coloring in the land....
    another thing is that frotierland seems small relative to the other ares of the park. and there is a lot of green area in the area in comparison to the red rock. which to me is another reason why it could be a pirates land. Re: the concept art below that surfaced with rumors of being for HKDL.....

http://progresscityusa.com/wp-conten...irate_area.jpg
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 07-20-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture changed to a link

The layout in the rendering seems to in keeping with the Shanghai Disneyland aerial layout overlay on a Disney and More post back in November 2009.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...sneyland_1.jpg

Notice the bodies of water are in the same location in both pieces. What do you think?

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by CKiserfam View Post
    The layout in the rendering seems to in keeping with the Shanghai Disneyland aerial layout overlay on a Disney and More post back in November 2009.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...sneyland_1.jpg

Notice the bodies of water are in the same location in both pieces. What do you think?
    Very good catch!! you can also see where the highway exit is and that dumps you right in the parking lot too!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)