Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: July 2010 Concept Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I found this doing a Google Search. Said it was concept art for Shanghai Disneyland.

Shanghai Disneyland | Progress City, U.S.A.

The picture is almost near the end.
    Wo!

The Space Mountain render does look something akin to what we glimpse in the original image of this thread!...and it looks good.

But are those three street renders really for main street? One is clearly Hollywood, and one looks like a forest of some sort.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandGuy View Post
    I find it interesting that in delaney's concept art there is a diesel train at the station....
    Hmm that'd look really out of place rocking up to Main Street Station, but on the other hand if they're going to do a "radical" Main Street then I guess anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    But are those three street renders really for main street? One is clearly Hollywood, and one looks like a forest of some sort.
    I guess as with any new park the Imagineers are given the task of visualising a different Main Street. They probably even went though that process when they were drawing up the Magic Kingdom.

The only difference now is that there is a real chance they could try it.

Or as others have said there could be a "Hollywood Blvd." sitting next to Main Street (like the arcades in Paris).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Hmm that'd look really out of place rocking up to Main Street Station, but on the other hand if they're going to do a "radical" Main Street then I guess anything goes.

Or as others have said there could be a "Hollywood Blvd." sitting next to Main Street (like the arcades in Paris).
    That's true if they go with a more modern city/town look a diesel train could fit in.

• Minion

Where is Progress City getting the information that these sketches were for Shanghai?

If one goes to Delaney's website, all it says for the three street sketches is "facade themes." No mention of Shanghai or Main St.

With regard to the Space Mountain-ish image, it says "Space Pavilion 2015." Given the date I guess we can infer that it was for Shanghai, but again it is not explicitly mentioned as such.
    Down with the Hat

• i heart plunging v-necks

With regard to the Space Mountain-ish image, it says "Space Pavilion 2015." Given the date I guess we can infer that it was for Shanghai, but again it is not explicitly mentioned as such.
    In the bottom right corner of the illustration it clearly says "Space Mt Concept" and is dated 10/2/2008.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

If the image were clearer, maybe we could see if any of the plans for the park Jim Hill mentioned back in 2008 made it to this rendering:

Look for Mickey to get Shanghai-ed in September - Jim Hill - Editor In Chief - JimHillMedia: Walt Disney Company news, reviews, history & commentary, Jim Hill

"Taking that into consideration (More importantly, since this will be the first Magic Kingdom that WDI has been able to design since that Emeryville-based entertainment company was acquired) ... According to Imagineers that I've spoken with, Shanghai Disneyland will be the most Pixar-centric theme park on the planet.

How so? Well, according to a preliminary listing of rides, shows and attractions that have been proposed for this park (Which are -- of course -- subject to change between now and this project's 2012 opening date), Woody, Jessie and Bullseye will ride herd on Frontierland while Shanghai Disneyland's Autopia will serve as the centerpiece of a brand-new "Cars" -themed part of this park.

Don't get me wrong. There will be Disney characters in Shanghai Disneyland. I'm told that Captain Jack Sparrow will stagger around a Pirates-centric version of Adventureland while Rapunzel & her tower will ... Well, tower over Fantasyland."

The castle could be Rapunzel's, maybe. I don't see anything that screams "Cars" in the blurriness to me, so perhaps that has been axed. I am still hoping though that a Splash style Pirates of the Caribbean is hiding behind those fireworks!

• I see in Muppet Vision

Where is Progress City getting the information that these sketches were for Shanghai?

If one goes to Delaney's website, all it says for the three street sketches is "facade themes." No mention of Shanghai or Main St.

Idk where progress city got information about the sketches other than Delaney's website...

It is only guess work that those sketches could be for SHanghai....

I only brought that one picture in and posted it because it looks very similar to the version of "Space Mountain" that is visible in the one picture. I never posted "This is Shanghai's space mountain." (which we don't know the answer to right now) I posted that they look very similar and it could be a match for what shanghai's could look like.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by CKiserfam View Post
    If the image were clearer, maybe we could see if any of the plans for the park Jim Hill mentioned back in 2008 made it to this rendering:

Look for Mickey to get Shanghai-ed in September - Jim Hill - Editor In Chief - JimHillMedia: Walt Disney Company news, reviews, history & commentary, Jim Hill

"Taking that into consideration (More importantly, since this will be the first Magic Kingdom that WDI has been able to design since that Emeryville-based entertainment company was acquired) ... According to Imagineers that I've spoken with, Shanghai Disneyland will be the most Pixar-centric theme park on the planet.
    I know for us it will be a bummer if the park is mostly pixar themed. But when you think about it it makes total sense.... The chinese are not really aware of classic disney animation. They have only seen the newer stuff. Why build a park and load it with old animation that your target audience has hardly ever seen or heard of?

It would make sense to do many of the things you quoted from the JHM article...(woody and jesse heading frontierland, cars autotopia) but i'm sure they will still put in a few of the classic rides we know and love...

• The Study of Wumbo

Based on what I've heard of Tangled, I really don't want that in the hub... I'd be good with The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, though.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Based on what I've heard of Tangled, I really don't want that in the hub... I'd be good with The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, though.
    Beauty and the Beast FTW!!!! (for the win)

• Minion

^^ I think Jim Hill's articles are pure speculation / conjecture...he claims to have inside information but from the track record of recent years I don't believe he does...reason why I stopped reading that particular site.

On the other hand, some of Mr Hill's older articles...such as those on unbuilt attractions like Western River Expedition...are very detailed and interesting, and I do tend to believe him on those.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

I'm more likely to think that Beast's Castle would be better than King Triton's digs, after all his is supposed to be underwater.

I work on the logic though that we already have two Sleeping Beauties (plus Paris "original") and two Cinderella's so they cannot (or should not) recreate any of them again.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Live from Progress City

The sketches are labeled "Project Bueno", which is the code-name for Shanghai Disneyland. Also, the Main Street sketches clearly are labeled as "Main Street" concepts.

I put complete faith that it will be beautiful!!! BTW-what was the advantage of switching placement of Frontierland and Adventureland in DLRP and now DLRS?

• Banned User

In Disneyland Paris, the one reason was to create a better transition from Adventureland to Fantasyland (Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan are right next to each other).

I think there is no real reason, just aesthetics.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)