Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

• Bangarang!

Re: July 2010 Concept Artwork

Great idea. It'd have to be a certain white glove "thumbs up" of course

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I see in Muppet Vision

Disney and More Blog. today

Shanghaî Disneyland construction starting in November ?
    According to cnstock.com Shanghaî Disneyland construction is supposed to start after the ending of the 2010 Shanghai Expo in November. This doesn't surprised me as i've always thought that Shanghaî officials will wait the end of the Expo to do the awaited SDL announcement. Once the Expo will be over Shanghaî will need to create a new buzz for the future and the big Shanghaî Disneyland project will perfect for that.

• The Study of Wumbo

UGH! Why can't they just ANNOUNCE it? It's been two years!
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

The Shanghai Expo closes on October 31st, we`ll probably some news about SHDL the week after.

• Closed Account

Big news coming soon you guys.

And for those of you saying/hearing the park will be smaller than HKDL - you're in for a big awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post

And for those of you saying/hearing the park will be smaller than HKDL - you're in for a big awakening.
    Can you give us an estimate to when soon is??? and by the way, so is the park suppose to verage sized (about 90 acres?) if so, is the resort supposed to be small?

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post

Bigger than Disneyland Park wich is the bigger Magic Kingdom style park?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Bigger than Disneyland Park wich is the bigger Magic Kingdom style park?
    Disneyland Paris is the biggest.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post

I know it and that's what I said. Disneyland Park is at Disneyland Paris (Le Parc Disneyland if you prefer). I was not speaking about the one at Disneyland Resort.

If the overlay that was leaked a while back is accurate, the park will end up being the same size as the original Disneyland at Disneyland Resort. The park itself (minus the backstage areas) looks to be EXACTLY the same size, give or take a little.

Here's some overlays I did..

They could have been basing the initial layout overlay on Disneyland as a starting point. Who knows how close this is to what we'll get... but from those supposed leaked renders, the layout makes sense.

• Banned User

Oh wow it looks just like DL in CA... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    The biggest blunder. That is why all WDC operated parks ever since are tiny tiny tiny.

^I honestly blame the weather and management at DLP. think about it, if that exact same park was put in disneyland's place it would be even more sucessful than DL now. Also, they were a bit over built in the begining. 7 hotels for one park sheeeesh.

back to Shanghai. 2/3 of November have already passed, and there no real themepark constuction or concept art that actually gives you a look at the park and not just a giant firecracker. Think Disney's tryna tell us something

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The biggest blunder. That is why all WDC operated parks ever since are tiny tiny tiny.
    Well, it's not because of the park. That was not the blunder. The park itself it quite beautiful, if they'd upkeep it a little more. The design is great, but the problem was they built too many hotel rooms. Instead of building six hotels they should have built two or three and this whole financial mess that made Eisner withdraw from the grand plans of WestCOT and Port Disney and every other project wouldn't have happened. They seem to have learned their lesson since if you look at the number of hotels they open, but apparently they've decided to build parks with far less than they should have upon opening.

But size of land doesn't mean something is better, guys. Paris, Florida and Japan are all bigger than the original Disneyland. I believe each has around, but not exactly, 40 attractions, give or take. Anaheim, with less land has 59-60 attraction. More than fifty percent more than the others. It's not how big the land, it's what they actually put on that land. Look at DCA versus Tokyo DisneySEA. Each opened with 25-27 attractions, but those attractions are vastly different. California's are clones, off-the-shelf or mainly C and D Tickets. TDS was opened with 27 attractions and 25 were unique to that park, the other two? Indy and Jumpin' Jellyfish. If you're gonna have a clone, Indiana Jones is a great clone and Jelly is not the bland, weakly themed one it DCA. It actually looks like jellyfish.

If they put a good amount of attractions in Shanghai Disneyland then it'll do great, but we'll have to wait and see. I happen to think HKDL is a beautiful park, but it needed about 3 to 5 more attractions when it opened. Too small and not enough D and E Tickets. If they'd had that Pirate expansion that Rasulo proposed and an Indy ride? This park would have done much better, but Eisner skimped out, waiting to add those after the crowds came. He needed to build them SO those crowds would have come.

It'll be interesting to see if Bob Iger has learned from his predecessor's mistake.

ImagineerWarrior

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    Well, it's not because of the park. That was not the blunder.... The design is great, but the problem was they built too many hotel rooms. Instead of building six hotels they should have built two or three....

ImagineerWarrior
    The biggest blunder was not building in the South of Spain where they intended since 1973. Next was overbuilding the hotel rooms and an ignorant "pan-European" marketing plan.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)