Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Exciting Details Revealed via Beijing Review!!

Well they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

This news seems to confirm what I read over at Blue Sky Disney last month:

"One thing I've been told is to expect this to be the most radically different Main Street of any Disneyland park. I'm not sure what that means, but take it how you want. Also, I've been told that the castle will also be unique and that's a good thing. And the resort itself is going to have one really big lake which will likely surround hotels and a version of Downtown Disney."

Looking forward to the release of artwork!

Imagineer Warrior

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I love the Space Mountain and Lost River Delta rip offs. Even better - the Orange Stinger rip off!
    I was gonna say that. The Space Station is just a copy of Space Mountain's dome with different spikes. The Mysterious River Valley is just Lost River Delta with a different paint scheme. The Orange Stinger rip-off looks exactly like the Orange Stinger just painted green to look like an apple. Next thing you know the characters will be Big Eared Cat and Sailor Goose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Well they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....
    Well they are wrong. Imitation is just when you have no imagination and steal other people's ideas and call them your own. Having someone steal your ideas is not flattery when they act like they came up with it by themselves. Just look at Nara Dreamland and the park in Beijing that takes characters from Disney, Dreamworks, and other companies and act like they came up with them and don't pay the rightful owners.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

EWWWWWWW!!!!! It looks like a green version of the Orange Stinger is being considered for whatever this picture is for.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Well they are wrong. Imitation is just when you have no imagination and steal other people's ideas and call them your own. Having someone steal your ideas is not flattery when they act like they came up with it by themselves.
    No that is plagiarism. FantaWild cannot ever be considered imitation it flat out rips it off.

DCA could be called imitation. If there wasn't imitation, the theme park world wouldn't be as diverse as it is. Look at water parks, if places hadn't started taking the Wet N Wild concept and expanding on it, where would water parks be?

Water parks stem from imitation. Certain parks with the Wet N Wild name that weren't sanctioned...that is ripping off.

The only way i could see Disney build a park like that fake model would be if WDI was trying to reinvent the magic kingdom park by also adding a reincarnated of Epcot into the mix.

for example the Sydney opera house could be their way of connecting a popular Pixar movie based on a little fish.

the area with the open coaster could be a new land based on their newly adquired Marvel heroes.

If designed correctly minus the ugly carnival rides this could be a way of re-inventing the popular second gate of WDW along with establishing proper homes to Disney characters and still have the liberty of adding interesting new attractions that fit within the countries theme

Just a thought
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-04-2010 at 02:00 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    This news seems to confirm what I read over at Blue Sky Disney last month:

"One thing I've been told is to expect this to be the most radically different Main Street of any Disneyland park. I'm not sure what that means, but take it how you want. Also, I've been told that the castle will also be unique and that's a good thing. And the resort itself is going to have one really big lake which will likely surround hotels and a version of Downtown Disney."

Looking forward to the release of artwork!

Imagineer Warrior
    Weird, I did have an idea for a huge Disneyland style Park, with districts housing attractions in them and in theme to them.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    There is the possibility Delaney is or will be among the former-imagineers-now-3rd-party-vendors that resort executive Al Weiss brings in.
    On a recent episode of The Season Pass Podcast, one of the hosts who is in the industry, mentioned Delany being brought in on Shanghai Disneyland. Also, Bob Weis is the Imagineer and Al Weiss is President of Worldwide Operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

• Minion

Disney copies stuff from others all the time. Nobody calls it "theft." Should we tear down Splash Mt because of its similarities to the one in Knotts? There was hardly a single original idea in the 2001 DCA other than Soarin. In my opinion at least, copying theme park elements...except copyrighted characters...is not theft or plagiarism. It's no different than one highrise that looks like another or one bridge that resembles another one. Fantawild seems to be a nice park for what it is. Nobody is going to go there anticipating a Disney-quality experience. But that doesn't mean that one couldn't have fun there.
    Last edited by tasman; 12-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Down with the Hat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123