•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Oriental Land Company to help manage Shanghai Disneyland

asahi.com(朝日新聞社):Shanghai Disneyland to get Japan input - English

Oriental Land Co., operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, will help manage Shanghai Disneyland, which is being planned by Walt Disney Co.

Oriental Land is expected to provide its broad expertise in running theme parks.

It would be the first overseas business expansion for Oriental Land.

Shanghai Disneyland is expected to open as early as 2014 in eastern Shanghai, making it the first Disney theme park in mainland China and the fourth location outside the United States--following those in Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong.

Oriental Land has already contacted Walt Disney about its participation in the Shanghai Disneyland project, over which Walt Disney has tied up with Chinese entities.

Walt Disney, which has high regard for Oriental Land's facility maintenance and personnel training programs, among other things, is liaising on specific ways for the Japanese company to contribute.

Oriental Land has made a huge success out of the Tokyo Disney Resort in Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture, which features Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.

In particular, Walt Disney has high praise for Oriental Land's method of replacing attractions on a regular basis, its attentive services toward customers and its eco-friendly management style.

With Hong Kong Disneyland, which opened in 2005, apparently attracting fewer visitors than expected, the new Shanghai theme park is expected to turn to Tokyo Disney Resort, which also draws many Chinese visitors.

Re: Oriental Land Company to help manage Shanghai Disneyland

The OLC has just denied this: read this

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Well....I guess thats that now that we have OFFICIAL word from OLC itself.

• I see in Muppet Vision

I can't read japanese/chinese. But perhaps a deal is not yet formulated so they are denying it in the meantime.

Remember when disney denied they were in talks/ even looking at building a proposed park in shanghai....

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I got my hopes up thinking this could possibly beat TDR. And then nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

With Disneys track record over seas opening new parks. I have the OLC has something to do with shanghai.