As it's been an active week in the general media regarding Shanghai, I wonder if those in the know would be so kind as to comment on what you know about the park's current design with some safe true/false (or warm/cold) responses.
1. An official, gold-shovel ground-breaking will take place during or before May, 2011.
2. The first official press release will be happen during or before March, 2011.
3. Ex-Imagineers Tim Delaney, John Horny &/or Tim Kirk have been contracted to help design/build the park.
4. The park will have a unique castle.
5. The park will open with five or more lands.
6. One of these will feature Marvel superheroes.
7. The park will be much larger - physically & attraction-wise - than HKDL was on opening day (on the scale of opening day TDL or DLP, if not larger).
8. An in-park lagoon will be merged into the hub-spoke-style design, similar to DisneySea.
9. Two or more themed resorts will open with the park.
9b. Resort themes include 'Mictorian' & Tropics/Adventure.
10. Fewer than 3 attractions will overlap with HKDL.
11. Fewer than 3 attractions will overlap with Tokyo Disney Resort.
12. 'Main Street' will not be themed to turn-of-the-century America.
13. Pirates-splash mountain attraction, once-planned for HKDL, will be there on opening day.
14. The leaked birds-eye rendering (from museum) is not representative of the current design (which has a large in park lagoon).
15. Two-thirds or more of attractions will be connected to an existing/established Disney-owned franchise.
16. One land will be dedicated to Chinese culture/history/legend.