Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disneyland Rumored To Be A Three Park Resort: Including EPCOT & Animal Kingdom

Source: Disney and More

Shanghai city officials reportedly have divulged that three parks will make up what will become a Shanghai Disneyland resort. It is important to note that the Magic Kingdom is the only park that will open in 2015. EPCOT and Animal Kingdom are what the Chinese are eyeing for the other two themeparks. As cravers of anything having to do with the happening world of high tech industrial innovation, they want an EPCOT. The Shanghai climate is perfect for an Animal Kingdom for these lovers of the planet's animal population. Also, there has been talk of a DAK Mythica animal land.

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Disneyland Rumored To Be A Three Park Resort: Including EPCOT & Animal Kingdom

Interesting - will be good if the mythical DAK land arrives even if its in China. I'm suprised that they didn't go for a new park rather than clones of WDW but then again I guess they can make them very different as well.

Wonder if that means Hong kong will get a studios park as their second gate?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Disneyland Rumored To Be A Three Park Resort: Including EPCOT & Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    Interesting - will be good if the mythical DAK land arrives even if its in China. I'm suprised that they didn't go for a new park rather than clones of WDW but then again I guess they can make them very different as well.

Wonder if that means Hong kong will get a studios park as their second gate?
    The Chinese would definitely add a different flavor to their EPCOT and Animal Kingdom parks, just as they will their Magic Kingdom without a Main Street. I had a nightmare that they were building Disney Shanghai Adventure. I awoke in a sweat, and realized that it was just my mind playing on my deepest fears.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

EPCOT makes sense as they dont want to build another Disney sea in asia... Animal Kingdom could work , whats the climate like in shanghai? I sure hope HKDL doesnt get a studio park , that would be bad... Something unique, maybe Marvel?

• Forgotten Spirit

Just sayin, but let's hope that Shanghai doesn't crash like Disneyland Paris did...and by that I mean scratching anything good from expansions.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    EPCOT makes sense as they dont want to build another Disney sea in asia... Animal Kingdom could work , whats the climate like in shanghai? I sure hope HKDL doesnt get a studio park , that would be bad... Something unique, maybe Marvel?
    As you say, Lighttragic, another Disney Sea in Asia would be redundant, and only serve to water down attendance/revenues in that region. i really don't see an entire super hero comic book brand park amounting to anyting significant anywhere in the world...a land, yes. Like the way you snuck the studio park dig in there. LOL!

As for the weather patterns, Shanghai appears to be decent year round. His a rundown:
    • The average temperature in Shanghai, China is 15.6 C (60 F).
    • The average temperature range is 24 C.
    • The highest monthly average high temperature is 32 C (90 F) in July & August.
    • The lowest monthly average low temperature is -1 C (30 F) in January.
    • Shanghai's climate receives an average of 1144 mm (45.0 in) of rainfall per year, or 95 mm (3.8 in) per month.
    • On average there are 130 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 11 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month.
    • The driest weather is in December when an average of 38 mm (1.5 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 8 days.
    • The wettest weather is in June when an average of 177 mm (7.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 14 days.
    • The average annual relative humidity is 80.3% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 77% in December to 84% in June, July & August.
    • Average sunlight hours in Shanghai range between 3.7 hours per day in February and 7.5 hours per day in August.
    • There are an average of 1874 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 5.1 hours of sunlight per day.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-21-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Shanghai DIsneyland is going to be amazing i think people will be pleased. The proposals for the first gate has several new things that have not been seen in any of the other parks yet.

for those that were dissapointed that Hong Kong did not get pirates well you guys will be very surprised and jealuous. Not only will it have some very unique elements that guests will enjoy on the actual ride but will also have element that older guests will get to experience without boarding the ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Just sayin, but let's hope that Shanghai doesn't crash like Disneyland Paris did...and by that I mean scratching anything good from expansions.
    I look forward in hope that the Chinese will get a popular resort going. That said...as long as WDW's Animal Kingdom guests/fan base have vigorously voiced their desire for a land based on mythological/ficticious charaters (Beastly Kingdom), the Walt Disney Company owes a land of this kind to them first...long before China get's one. Just a thought...perhaps the Chinese would give an EPCOT park their own signature name...such as EastCOT.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Shanghai DIsneyland is going to be amazing i think people will be pleased. The proposals for the first gate has several new things that have not been seen in any of the other parks yet.

for those that were dissapointed that Hong Kong did not get pirates well you guys will be very surprised and jealuous. Not only will it have some very unique elements that guests will enjoy on the actual ride but will also have element that older guests will get to experience without boarding the ride.
    Sounds like they desire to appeal to a wide dinamic of parkgoers. I'm salavating in anticipation of Shanghai Disneyland becoming a reality, Baloo.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Dusty's going to love this place, Im excited about the design.

If they go ahead with the pirates that has been proposed guests are suppose to be able to enter some of the attractions show scenes by foot thru caverns while guests on board will get to see and Experience some thrilling scenes..........

http://images.entertainmentearth.com...DPC3GP01lg.jpg

hmm interesting. but let's get more on the western hemisphere, k?

• Theme Park Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarous View Post
    hmm interesting. but let's get more on the western hemisphere, k?
    But....but...This is the Shanghai...the East...China...Oh, never mind.

Please, no epcot. NO EPCOT! Although I'm sure they could do amazing things with their money, Epcot is the one thing that WDW has that's truly unique and unforgettable even if it has declined in recent years) I just don't feel that they could do epcot correctly, without the history and "american ideals" that are behind it. Maybe if they twist it a whole bunch, such as WESTCOT, but no Epcot copies like the MKs do theirs.

Animal Kingdom would be OK, but why create a park there that isn't anywhere near being great as it should be here?

If they do EPCOT, I don't think it will be that similar to what we have at WDW. First, there's a 30 year difference, and second, I don't think they have THAT much extra land. WestCOT however may be a more similar idea for it.

I'm very anxious to see what they would do with a new EPCOT 30 years on, especially after China just had a World's Fair in Beijing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast