• Iron-Clad Allie

Disneyland Express News: SDL To Benefit From City Metro Line Trains

Source: Disney and More

Come 2015, visitors will have a metro line to travel back and forth between the city and the Shanghai Disneyland theme park. Shanghai environmental authorities have published an online report announcing the 9.2-kilometer metro line at a projected cost of $606.3 million.

The Shanghai downtown Luoshan Road Station is where the new line will connect with Metro Line 11. Using shuttle bus lines, Disneyland's own station will be connected to Metro Line 2. Three new stations will be added to the Disneyland metro line: an underground Disneyland station, the Hengxin Road station, and an elevated Kangqiao Road E. station. For Shanghai and other towns, it sounds like it's going to be "subway city!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Disneyland Express News: SDL To Benefit From City Metro Line Trains

Of course it will...it will need it. The Shanghai Metro is an awesome, efficient system and the mass amount of people it moves will be a huge help towards the mass amount of people that A) will want to make it to the park and B) need to make it to the park to succeed.

At Shanghai's Happy Valley...the metro or train don't go all the way to the park...you have to take a bus for the final stretch of the journey. I have no facts, but I am willing to make a guess that this factor, combined with the park being outside the city, is one of the reason's the 3 other Happy Valleys get higher attendance...even though Shanghai is the biggest city in population in China.

And other than Tokyo, Disney has made sure that mass transit arrives right at the gate to their parks in their other international resorts...so that's some precedent...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Disneyland Express News: SDL To Benefit From City Metro Line Trains

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Of course it will...it will need it. The Shanghai Metro is an awesome, efficient system and the mass amount of people it moves will be a huge help towards the mass amount of people that A) will want to make it to the park and B) need to make it to the park to succeed.

At Shanghai's Happy Valley...the metro or train don't go all the way to the park...you have to take a bus for the final stretch of the journey. I have no facts, but I am willing to make a guess that this factor, combined with the park being outside the city, is one of the reason's the 3 other Happy Valleys get higher attendance...even though Shanghai is the biggest city in population in China.

And other than Tokyo, Disney has made sure that mass transit arrives right at the gate to their parks in their other international resorts...so that's some precedent...
    I'm glad that the smaller city stations will likely earn more money where resort transportion is concerned. Taking a bus for the final stretch would be fun. I like variety.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!