Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New concept art released at investor's meeting

It seems weird that they wont have a Main Street USA.....I might have to go to this park one day if it is "truly" unique

2. Adjacent to this is a large land with a water body, with perhaps an island in the middle. My guess, a Pirate-heavy version of Adventureland.
    And in Alain's bigger version, there seems to be a large, square show building behind the Pirate-like mountain thingy. Maybe for Indy? I know, I know, just wishful thinking...

• Minion

^^ If you go back and look at some of the Adventureland concept art that never became reality at HKDL, there are some great pirate-themed concepts, including a restaurant or shop that was made of the sterns of two ships joined together. Very cool. Maybe something like that can become reality like at Shanghai. I remember other concept art for HKDL Adventureland...not necessarily Pirate-y...such as an oriental style barge with dragon decorations. Hope some of these concepts are revisited...the results could be terrific.
    Down with the Hat

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post

Credit to Jose Castillo
    I don't know if anyone else, but I can't see much detail in this picture. I look forward to more information.

• Bangarang!

^I think that's part of the charm for us fans. Its just a constant tease of whats in store for the Shanghai project.

Sure we'd all love to see a fully detailed set of artworks for every land and attraction, but all in good time I guess. For now the speculation is part of the fun.

After all this is probably going to be the last new Disney park for some time, so we'll have to make the most of it!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I zoomed in for more detail and here are the things I could make out.

It appears right before the entrance there is some kind of area resembling Tokyo DisneySea's entrance.

And it appears there is no Main Street. That or the area in front of the castle is some kind of "Venetian-themed" version of Main Street. Although it could just be the Partners Statue area.

The castle seems to be a mix of all three version. On the bottom it resembles Hong Kong's and California's. On the top it resembles Tokyo's, Florida's, and Paris'. All while sporting a light blue color.

Here we can see what looks like Shanghia's version of the train station and what look like turnstiles in front.

Here we can see the Pirates/Splash Mountain mix and what looks like either the Rivers of America or the Jungle Cruise.

Here we can see what looks like the Rivers of America or the Jungle Cruise, again. We can also see some type of mountain to the right. And below there is a small rock structure resembling Skull Rock from Peter Pan or the sand lion from Aladdin. It could also be something different and not movie based. But we won't know for sure until SDL opens.

Here is a zoom on the rock-face. I outlined the features so you can see it better. (I think I made it too cartoony)

Outside the park we can see a possible version of Downtown Disney/Disney Village.

And it looks like an area filled with tents is also somewhere outside of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I don't know if anyone else, but I can't see much detail in this picture. I look forward to more information.
    Same here, for me I'm noticing the concept art is using a lot of techniques for making us think there's more in the image then there really is.

The clouds, the spotlights, the fireworks. All of those are there to draw your eyes away and cover up sections that don't really have detail.

We really won't know what's in the park until the official plans are released.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I zoomed in for more detail and here are the things I could make out.

It appears right before the entrance there is some kind of area resembling Tokyo DisneySea's entrance.

And it appears there is no Main Street. That or the area in front of the castle is some kind of "Venetian-themed" version of Main Street. Although it could just be the Partners Statue area.

The castle seems to be a mix of all three version. On the bottom it resembles Hong Kong's and California's. On the top it resembles Tokyo's, Florida's, and Paris'. All while sporting a light blue color.

Here we can see what looks like Shanghia's version of the train station and what look like turnstiles in front.

Here we can see the Pirates/Splash Mountain mix and what looks like either the Rivers of America or the Jungle Cruise.

Here we can see what looks like the Rivers of America or the Jungle Cruise, again. We can also see some type of mountain to the right. And below there is a small rock structure resembling Skull Rock from Peter Pan or the sand lion from Aladdin. It could also be something different and not movie based. But we won't know for sure until SDL opens.

Here is a zoom on the rock-face. I outlined the features so you can see it better. (I think I made it too cartoony)

Outside the park we can see a possible version of Downtown Disney/Disney Village.

And it looks like an area filled with tents is also somewhere outside of the park.
    you're bottom photo isn't showing tents, those look like the tops of mushrooms which would indicate some sort of attraction based on the recent alice in wonderland film.

• Not here to help

This is all a bit like when people see faces on Mars.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

Zooming in doesn't help, but nonetheless, it's quite clear that there is one big mountain ride, a circular structure around the floral Mickey, and a pathway along the resort lake leading to a fountain. That's not conjecture or imagined.
    Down with the Hat

I have to throw my hat in with the people who believe Disney is being vague about what the park will look like because of fears of other parks stealing their ideas. I was reading this article about the W.O.W. theme park being built in China and it does kinda follow the Disney model.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...d_Construction

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    +1

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    So aliens are building SDL?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Some Chinese may feel that way about the Americans.

It is an attempt to stop copycats from other parks in China. They wont be releasing any details until construction is WELL underway.

I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123