Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

New Pirates Ride To Be Based On Movie Series - Not Disneyland Attraction. Yo Ho!

http://progresscityusa.com/wp-conten...iratesdrop.jpg

Source: Disnay and More

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirates Movies Based Ride For Me!

http://progresscityusa.com/wp-conten...iratesdrop.jpg

The recently released new Shanhai Disneyland concept art presented at an investors meeting was made intentionally blury because Disney/Shanghai is said to be protecting the attractions from being made into cheap versions at rinky dink Chinese amusement parks prior to SDL opening. However, there is a mountain that is somewhat more detectable than most everything else. This is believed to be the new Pirate's ride that was formerly destined for hong Kong disneyland. Above is the concept art formerly planned for HKDL.

Bloggers had different names for this ride that was said to include Splash Mountain type drops incorporated into the ride. Among the names were Pirates Mountain and Splash Pirates. The ride will be based strictly on the Pirates film series rather than the original POTC at Disneyland.

Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-23-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: New Pirates Ride To Be Based On Movie Series - Not Disneyland Attraction. Yo Ho!

this looks awesome!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: New Pirates Ride To Be Based On Movie Series - Not Disneyland Attraction. Yo Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    this looks awesome!
    The outside of the ride is coolness defined. It will be quite trippy splashing down the external big drop thru the mouth of a giant skeleton, and falling thru the wrecked pirate ship. The entire ride should be sensational. The whirlpool effect is going to be a mind blowing thrill. that be fer sure, me matey.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/ph...907pfinal.jpg]
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-23-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Is there any more concept art?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Is there any more concept art?
    Just this here picture of a Pirates themed aadventurous exploration, shopping and restaurant area...

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Just this here picture of a Pirates themed aadventurous exploration, shopping and restaurant area...

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The outside of the ride is coolness defined. It will be quite trippy splashing down the external big drop thru the mouth of a giant skeleton, and falling thru the wrecked pirate ship. The entire ride should be sensational. The whirlpool effect is going to be a mind blowing thrill. that be fer sure, me matey.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/ph..._907pfinal.jpg
    maybe..
    the ship goes through that and its a small drop?
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-23-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image in quote
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Minion

I really like the idea of this! I think its going to be an amazing ride!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I really like the idea of this! I think its going to be an amazing ride!
    You've said it, mickdaddy! There are so many unoque aspects of the experiences in the film series which would be absolute coolness to base special effect scenes on in the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Cool.
    An entire oceanside pirate themed village is trippy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    maybe..
    the ship goes through that and its a small drop?
    I've heard that the whirlpool effect is situated on a giant turntable. The wind is likely produced by wind machines. The whirling turbulant water is either real or a projection (augmented by myst machines, and devices that splosh water about). You may be on to something as to this being an elaborate flume drop, PhantomBoy. Could be that there is a hole right in the center.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-23-2011 at 04:01 AM.

^
    Yeah i thought it just looks like that scene because we can see that its on a slant.
    If this does happen This ride is gonna be very very detailed and very technical
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Happy now Hong Kong Government?? You just gave a great ride to your rival Shanghai.

HKDL , this doesn't mean they gave it but moved onto the idea which was ditched and expanded into design art.
    I am very very intriqued with this.
    I would think that the drop from the skull could be as you come out of the Whirl pool it transports you to a new place.

I really thinking this could be the High-tech Era of disney from shanghai disney.
    When im older i have to visit this park in person.
    EDIT**
    I looked at the skull drop and seen that the boat goes into the water straight onto it from the front which could be that effect with the broken Ship with it?
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

No offense to you, Ride Warrior, but that concept art is strictly concept art. Who said that any of that will materialize in Shanghai?

• Minion

ORWEN: I thought the Hong Kong government said they didn't think a Pirates of the Caribbean attraction would be appealing to their guests, for whatever reason, and that they passed over the idea of adding it to their park. If true, then I'm hoping Shanghai Disneyland does end up getting it. It most likely won't matter to the Chinese whether or not the newest version of this ride is based on a movie or on the original, since they have nothing to compare it with.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks and Stones View Post
    No offense to you, Ride Warrior, but that concept art is strictly concept art. Who said that any of that will materialize in Shanghai?
    No offence Sticks and Stones. Just don't break my bones. .....

The Shanghai rumor has been on various blog sites across the board. Disney and More is one such site.

Disney intentionally made the following map blurry and almost indecernable. However, if you look closely, you will see a mountain like structure. It is around three forths of the way across to the horizontal left, and in the verticle middle. It's too ominous to be Splash Mountain. Thereforethe most logical explanation is that this very well could be the Pirates "Pirate mountain" POTC ride that Hong Kong Disneyland was supposed to get, but is now dropped. The concept art is what Disney had previously released for HKDL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast