Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Timelord

Re: Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai -- Asian Overload?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    TDR is closed and not deserted.
    SHDL is for China
    HKDL is for southern Asia

Why should USA have two big resorts when there are not that many Americans as Asians?
    True, but remember, the WDW Resort does get millions of tourists from other countries around the world. People in most English and Spanish speaking countries will go to WDW before they choose to go to an Asian park.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    True, but remember, the WDW Resort does get millions of tourists from other countries around the world. People in most English and Spanish speaking countries will go to WDW before they choose to go to an Asian park.
    Remember that almost half the world lives in Asia.

Itīs just ridiculous to talk about this. America is TINY comapared to China. Is that hard to understand?

...and let me add that I sure of that there will be more parks in Asia in a decade or so.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 04-09-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Exactly! Take it from someone who lived in Asia for years, including Tokyo, with the distance between all these parks and the amount of people who live within just a few hours from all these destinations, there wont be any problems having seperate audiences with each park. HKDL hasnt affected any of Tokyo's attendance and if anything most Chinese still travel to that park vs HKDL because HK sucks! I will say though Hong Kong cant be happy about this. Regardless, the entire point of HKDL was to get mainlanders to the park (who needs reentry visas to even go) and now with SDL, true it wont affect people living in the lower provinces near Hong Kong too much, but it WILL curtail mainland visitors regardless...especially if it turns out to be the better park.

But its not that difficult to get a Chinese VISA for American tourists so I dont think it will stop the hardcore bunch. Its about $75 for Americans and it takes 1-2 days to get and you can travel for a month in China. True HK is open for Visas but the mainland isnt much of a pain. And who knows they might even lower the restrictions to get people to travel to the park. At the end of the day, its all about tourism, so making a high visa fee isnt going to drive tourists to the park when every other Disney park is easy for Americans and Europeans to travel to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12