View Poll Results: Will Disney help or hinder freedom in China?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The new park will promote freedom.

6 42.86%
  • The new park will support oppression.

0 0%
  • The new park will have absolutely zero impact.

8 57.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will Disney help or hinder freedom in China?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    I know that we have a lot to fear. We owe trillions of dollars to the Chinese government, so it can sometimes seem like we are in no place to criticize that same governments treatment of its people. And i know that Disney would stand to loss billions of dollars if they did speak out against the Communists. But we can never allow our own fears to paralyzes us, the human race can not afford to ignore the plight of over one billion people! A single one of those lives means more to me than any theme park, and I hope Disney feels the same.
    ignore the plight of one billion people.........., young man, I don't know what to say, we chinese people thank the american saviors for such kindness, thank them for sending mickey the great to the land of China(cough cough), ha ha ha

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Boy this should be hitting the Debate Lounge fast.
    I agree, this should go to the debate lounge, where perhaps people more knowledgeable than me can fight the same points I am. shanghairules, is undoubtedly correct on one point, I am a young man. My youth may make me an idealist; it may make me want to believe good men with good intentions can fight against oppression and terrine, yes, even if their only weapon is a cartoon mouse. But I know I am not the only one who believes what I believe, pleases, move this to the debate lounge.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    While the impact on the Chinese government and more than one billion people may be miniscule, in its own little way do you think that Disney's new park in Shanghai, China will inspire more freedom of speech in China?

Or do you think that Disney will be an avaricious tool of the government, used to help pacify the citizens?

Will a Disneyland sanction oppression or promote freedom in our shrinking, small world?

It could (again in a tiny way) at least improve artists' ability to freely collect their share of intellectual property that they own, since Disney will increase its presence there.
    did you see what you have done? you have started a fight between people on a disney website, out of all websites! congratulations, you have forced me to say bad things about disney, dame you jcruise, dame you!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by shanghairules View Post
    this is a disney site , make it less political please
    Quote Originally Posted by shanghairules View Post
    williamdear, how many time do i have to tell you, disney do not have the balls to tell china what to do, and don't forget the united states is a large debtor nation and guess which country owns a large amount of their debt. and do i have to say it again? you know what i'm probably an exception here and i disagree , but a lot of Chinese people consider disney to be an american nonsense, and you expect this nonsense to influence china? what a joke. hopefully disney won't be another cultural Chernobyl like paris
    Take you own advice. Read your first quote.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Take you own advice. Read your first quote.
    ever heard of Tit for tat ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12