Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: New Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. In the movie logo, the tallest spire is at the very center. Here, it's on the right like in FLorida and Tokyo.
    P.S. It looks beautiful! Good to finally see the poject coming along. Hope there's a place for it at D23 Expo!

• Surf's Up!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That's sad because the Carolwood Pacific was the genesis of the Disneyland RR and Disneyland itself.
    True, but seeings as this is just a departure from the traditional park I guess it was decided that it didn't fit. However, that doesn't mean that it has to be a complete loop, they might end up with something like Tokyo. There's an awful lot we just don't know about it at the moment, so I guess its still a possibility, just not one that encircles the park.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's starting to look like a Magic Epcot style park.

I can honsetly say that Im a bit jealous that MK (wdw) isnt nearly as beautiful. I almost hope that when SDL is over, they gut out the entrance to MK and remake it. SDL's castle...hm, im happy that its big and looks like theres actually space inside it....but it looks way too similar to Cinderella Castle. The castle that actually appears on the website looks like the way to go (besides that brown color). I always thought landscaping was important. Good landscaping is at every disneyland park BESIDES MK. While most (id assume) dont like the idea of no main street, id agree interms of a paade route but other than that, i always believed it made sence for the castle to "be in" fantasyland instead of being the gate to it. There looks like theres a fountain display in the moat of the castle which is a definate plus and would make for a nice scene. The important question is...whose castle is it!?

All i can do is pray that some of the new design elements will inspire Magic Kingdom.

Looking at the birds-eye of the park, it looks a little small atraction wise. I hope theres not another HKDL mistake. Speaking of which how will hk stack up agaist this? Only way i goud imagine, is with a new water park going in between its hotels hmm. Regardless, very excited to see that focus is back on SDL

• Banned User

I agree. Im excited there is no main St. It offers a refreshing change.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I like the difference between it compared to the Magic Kingdom, and I love how the castle is in the middle of Fantasyland instead of the front entrance to fantasyland, and how elevated it is like it's on a hill. Some concep art shows waterfalls around it, some don't, but I'd go for the waterfalls Looking foward to more.

• I'm not really here

[QUOTE=TimmyTimmyTimmy;1056487333...and notice that the "Pirates" mountain is gone.............[/QUOTE]

Well, we don't actually know that there was a pirate mountain. That was rumored and the concept art was for another resort, not Shanghai. The person that posted it asked if it could be possible that it would be at Shanghai. We also don't know how old this concept art is in the design process. My bet, pretty old. They don't want to give away what their actual plans are so I don't think we're seeing super recent concept art. Though some things may not have changed much, others may have changed drastically.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

FINALLY, Disney is thinking beyound the box with their MK park!! After how cookie cutter the Hong Kong Park turned out to be, I'm so happy they are going to do some major changes like no Main St for starters. Shake it up a little Disney, geesh! After 5 MK parks that all have basically the same layout for the past 50 years, it looks like this one will be the most distint look and attractions. I really hope they are being honest and say there will be disney Chinese based attractions and not just the same clones you find everywhere else.

But just looking at some of that art, it looks like they learned their lesson from HKDL. That park is just embarrasing! Its getting better of course, but it was the worse MK park out of the gate, bar none. SDL could be the best, maybe equal DLP. I dont want to get ahead of myself but I'm VERY excited!! A great time to be a Disney fan with allll that going on worldwide. All the big editions in all the resorts for the next few years, from Calif to Hong Kong and this is will be the grand topper! I better start saving money lol.

• Minion

ORWEN: The second concept art picture for their castle would be much better than the others I've seen. It looks somewhat like the Castle from Rapunzel, if you ask me. That would make it look more unique and less like Cinderella's Castle.

ORDDU: Of course one has to ask, "When will Beauty & the Beast ever receive a castle to be built in THEIR honor?"

ORGOCH: Heck, who cares 'bout them? We need a new out house where we live! Let's think 'bout THAT fer a change!!

• Banned User

Wow, nice to see you here witches, a long time!

• Banned User

Honestly, this new park looks to be such a drastic departure I really have to see it after it's completed to form any sort of opinion! Without a Main St, where will the "main" store where everyone buys their things in the last minute be? It looks like the whole area leading up to the castle is just meet and greets and a few fantasyland Carny rides. Idk and the castle to me just looks way too much like Cindy's. Come one do we really need another Cindy lookalike? How about Beast's castle!? I've wanted there to be one for the longest time! I even used to draw concept art and stuff on how they could do it and instead they go with a generic all princess castle!?! Oh well everything else looks promising and I really want to see this develop from start to finish! It will be a very interesting ride getting to opening day!!

There used to be an elevation drawing of this domed Space Mountain on Tim Delaney's website....BUT interestingly it is no longer there!! I am almost sure this is what we are seeing as the "space blob" on the concept art! esp. as it has been removed from the site now! Interesting indeed!!

Tim J. Delaney Design

EDIT: A little bit of searching and the image is actually still there (just not directly on the site) it is on page 11 of the the PDF book

http://timjdelaney.com/tim-delaney-work.pdf

• All-American

I've heard rumors that the entry landscape/replacement for Main Street will be heavily inspired by Tivoli Gardens, which was itself a major inspiration for Disneyland.

This explains the balance between dense landscaping and the more carnival-type Disney rides, which Tivoli balances very nicely. It might also allow Disney to bring in some buildings inspired by traditional Chinese architecture, which Tivoli is also famous for.

Just a rumor, though.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I've heard rumors that the entry landscape/replacement for Main Street will be heavily inspired by Tivoli Gardens, which was itself a major inspiration for Disneyland.

This explains the balance between dense landscaping and the more carnival-type Disney rides, which Tivoli balances very nicely. It might also allow Disney to bring in some buildings inspired by traditional Chinese architecture, which Tivoli is also famous for.

Just a rumor, though.
    Tivoli has a very nice atmosphere at some places. If Disney once again used the park as a source to inspiration the result would be great.

Tivoli entrance

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 04-09-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORGOCH: Hey, WorldDizzy!! Where ya been? We ain't seen yerself round here in a long time!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast