Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: New Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a NEW Castle sketch on the office SDL website!! I hope it leans more towards this sketch and the other castle image that was on the site rather than a slightly modified version of Cinderella Castle!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzabar77 View Post
    Really Interesting!, I see magic in these artworks... There's no main street behind the entrace, but I can see it next to it, like it were a land like adventureland... a great oval square at its beginning/ending. The former Central Plaza is full of a forest and sourrounded by a river. The castle seems to be huge... more than Tokyo and orlando's ones. In where I think is placed tomorrowland is a giant strucuture... A new design for space mountain..?.
    Behind the castle the is a kind of adventureland, and behind a land of water, and there's kinda small world next to it.

My draw...

The castle's name is Storybook castle the web says: "Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself"
    More surprises ahead

EDIT: I made a mistake, fantasyland seems to be in front of the castle, in the place of the central plaza. In other artwork I see Sumbo and the Carrousel at the central square with other undefined attractions. This Disney resort is full of surprises I don't know what to say haha.

The Storybook Castle artwork of the website:

• Artistic integrity

I see what you are saying Randy. Thanks for the detailed post.

Though ... I am hoping this one overview of the park is more "early" than "of late" .. because Tomorrowland is even more skimpy than HKDL's. Even though the details are fuzzy .. you can clearly make out, roughly, 2 buildings. I'm sure you doubt, as well as I, Tomorrowland won't be opening with a total of 2 buildings.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I think this was close, but I've been told SDL would have a Frontierland. I think the one you circled as Adventureland could really be Frontierland, and the really broad one with the ???? is Adventureland. I hope one of those rides you see in the detailed lower-right corner of the park will contain a new Haunted Mansion with a loose pirate-y backstory. I' wouldn't be surprised if Adventureland turns out to be a Pirate's land.

On the far right (just to the right of the circle with the question marks)....it looks like maybe an Indy ride? It looks like one of the temples.

If that's an adventure/frontierland area, I don't think the part labeled IASW is that...I'm thinking more like Tortuga, in a Pirates themed land.

Progress City(???)/Main Street might be an entertainment area, but with a separate entrance to the park farther back? Like maybe it's open to all guests, but has a park entrance toward the back of that area.

I'm thinking of doing an overhead map of the area.
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

• All-American

I could easily see some of the lands being reworked to tie into some franchises. Like, Tomorrowland being more of a sci-fi land depicting Tron and Marvel heroes, Adventureland becoming more of a Pirateland, and Frontierland being reworked to provide a more Pan-American view of parts of America besides the Frontier, maybe merging in the Main Street that isn't being featured at the front of the park. I also wouldn't be surprised if Fantasyland took a more princess-heavy turn, eschewing rides like Alice in Wonderland or Pinnocchio in favor of rides for Sleeping Beauty and B&tB.
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 04-16-2011 at 06:05 PM.

• Minion

I hope Shanghai gets a really neat Haunted Mansion in Adventureland, continuing on with the tradition of every park having the HM in a different land!

Very interesting - to my mind the building to the right of the ??? bubble looks like Indy at Tokyo Disneysea, plus the area in the ??? bubble looks like it could be a splash mountain type ride - maybe that pirate themed one planned for Hong kong so it looks like adventure land and tomorrowland could be swapped round.

Small world looks like the traditional small world to me.

With the Main Street area maybe that will be a hybrid Main Street Downtown disney themed to main st USA or some other street? That way they can use it as an extension to the park but keep it open later or maybe use the main entrance for entrance (closer t0 the rides) and the main street one for exiting the park (through the gift shops?)?

I wonder that the long structure is below the ?? bubble it dosen't look like its connected to the park - it could be some type of covered mall or maybe one of the resort hotels or even an underground train station?

Also with the lake at the front of the park like the Magic Kingdom it makes you wonder if there will be a seven seas lagoon or similar with the resort hotels clustered around, although I think park access will be direct rather than by ferryboat or similar as it creates too many hassles.

One thing is sure looks like its going to be a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away in shanghai!

• I see in Muppet Vision

Really Interesting!, I see magic in these artworks... There's no main street behind the entrace, but I can see it next to it, like it were a land like adventureland... a great oval square at its beginning/ending. The former Central Plaza is full of a forest and sourrounded by a river. The castle seems to be huge... more than Tokyo and orlando's ones. In where I think is placed tomorrowland is a giant strucuture... A new design for space mountain..?.
    Behind the castle the is a kind of adventureland, and behind a land of water, and there's kinda small world next to it.

My draw...

The castle's name is Storybook castle the web says: "Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself"
    More surprises ahead

EDIT: I made a mistake, fantasyland seems to be in front of the castle, in the place of the central plaza. In other artwork I see Sumbo and the Carrousel at the central square with other undefined attractions. This Disney resort is full of surprises I don't know what to say haha.

To me what you labeled as small world looks like a crystal cavern of some sorts... Possible either Glacier Bay? once thought of for HKDL. Or something more Marvelous... A superhero themed area...

Also it was stated that SDL will not have amain street. So that street is most likely a downtown disney...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

What you labeled as Small World is more likely something Pirate-related. Theres a pirate ship right next to it so those pale buildings are probably a part of Pirate land:

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandGuy View Post
    To me what you labeled as small world looks like a crystal cavern of some sorts... Possible either Glacier Bay? once thought of for HKDL. Or something more Marvelous... A superhero themed area...
    That was my initial thought. It looks a little bit "cityscape-ish".

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    What you labeled as Small World is more likely something Pirate-related. Theres a pirate ship right next to it so those pale buildings are probably a part of Pirate land:

I think that the area labeled as ?????? is the pirates themed area. Which i remember hearing rumors will be a pirates/splash mountain hybrid... I can't site my source... just something i remember someone on a board said... could be false.

• I see in Muppet Vision

It's kind of amazing to see how things changed form the original artwork that was released. But if you ask me it still looks very similar. The order of the lands were reversed. With the pirates on the near side, and the tomorrow land on the distant side. The main entrance was also altered and the idea of some central street was axed to go with the open garden feel. The "Marvel/Glacier/unknown" attraction/land was added. And the new concept art doesn't seem to have a circulating train. I wonder if there is anything that prevented them from doing a train similar to the restrictions that there are/were in tokyo. AndThe castle will be a fairytale castle now.

Other than that it looks very similar to me with the downtown disney in the same place.

• Galactic Member

Is that a show building behind the Space Mountain? If it is a show building it is very large.
    Galactic Member

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisWedWay View Post
    It's hard to believe the Castle will be taller than Paris Disneyland's which is the tallest so far and the only one of it's kind. Maybe the Shanghai Castle will also be "One of a Kind". PDL's Big Thunder was almost as tall, with 100 feet added to Tokyo Disneyland's design for Paris. Hope they don't make the Honk Kong Disneyland mistake and not have a Fronteirland. PD
    Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant is about 22' shorter than Cinderella Castle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast