Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Dreamer

Re: New Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney & More has an excellent new article with highly-detailed close-ups shedding some more light into the project.

SDL Artwork High-Res Files Reveals New Shanghai Disneyland Secrets

• Not here to help

The gate to the park is a copy or atlest very inspired as have been said Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. The park doesn´t have a Mainstreet USA... but it looks like it has a townsquare that leads to Fantasyland with Alice, Dumbo and a classic carousel all present. Orbitron looks to have a somewhat different design in Towmorrowland. Jubilation is the parade in this concept. Indy is in Adventureland! The pirates ride does not to have a tall final dropp like Splash Mountain.
    In a year the picture might look a more detailed. I just hope that in twenty years... the park will be surrounded by megatall building´s...
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 04-19-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Dreamer

The entire park layout seems to have been turned 180º. You enter FL, then TL is to the left and AL is to the right. It doesn't appear to have a Frontierland so there must be one or two new, unique lands in the back.

I think for a change, they should leak the names of the lands or attractions that are going to be built. It would be interesting how fans would picture them in speculations.

• Galactic Member

Wink Re: New Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness no Toy Story land!
    Galactic Member

wow, looks like I was right about Adventureland

Anyway, the left side of that area looks more african themed, and the mountain area in front...could it be more of a water ride? It looks like it has a long river like area on the left side of it.

I also see the Haunted Mansion just to the northeast of Tomorrowland, but not sure what the other building to the right of it is...looks like Fantasyland? Maybe a huge Toad Hall? (one can dream?)

Edit: BTW, no train anywhere??
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Ah, leave it to me to be the cynic: This thing looks like an even bigger disaster than HKDL.

• Minion

^^ I must say I disagree. It seems to me this time around they are doing everything the right way. They seem to have learnt from their mistakes at Paris and Hong Kong, and have implemented sensible changes. The park is clearly a descendent of Anaheim, yet fresh and exciting in its own right.

Love the improved concept art! Thanks Alain!

Like many I wonder what attraction the large rockwork building on the right foreground will house...if any.

The Pirates showbuilding looks very similar to the concept art proposed (likely for HK) a few years ago:

Looking forward to being there some time this decade!
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    Ah, leave it to me to be the cynic: This thing looks like an even bigger disaster than HKDL.
    Exactly how do you mean? This looks on a MUCH bigger scale than HKDL is (even after the new expansion)
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

News reports (not fan sites) pin the park's opening size at about 85 acres, about 50% bigger than HKDL and about 20 acres smaller than MK and roughly the same size as Anaheim's Disneyland. But more than the size, the cost of visiting the park is projected to be out of the realm of much of China's population, and external visitors will be severely hampered by visa and tourism restrictions in China. Given China's precarious economic situation (China: China’s economy could implode by 2013 | Spero News) and a general lack of awareness of Disney among most of the country, and the apparent lack of attractions at Shanghai Disneyland, based on these renderings, combined with some fairly stiff competition from the Happy Valley park in Shanghai (not to mention a second Chinese Disney park that has already been greeted negatively by most Chinese), I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope.

Disneyland Paris is still in the red, constantly verging on the brink of possible closure due to its failure to turn a profit after nearly 20 years.

Hong Kong Disneyland is a mess that Disney can barely bring itself to acknowledge.

Tokyo Disneyland, which had the heaviest investment of any non-U.S. park, is the only foreign Disney theme park to have actually done well.

Let's face it, Disney's track record in the foreign theme park business isn't exactly, well, good.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I was hoping for a Chinese version of Main Street with multiple streets so there wouldn't be an inconvenient crush of people leaving after night-time shows. It does look like there will not be a bottleneck problem.

Have a Soarin' Over China, please.

Timmy, Disney may have excuded Pirates because piracy in China (maritime or intellectual) is not laughing matter for Disney.
    if you payed more attention to the concept art, you will see a pirate themed area. by the way, where did you learn your lame joke from, the skipper on the jungle cruise?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    Given China's precarious economic situation
    Give me a break.

When 2013 actually comes around, think back to your post.
    Down with the Hat

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456