Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Its Official! Shanghai Disneyland Resort Breaks Ground! ALSO New Concept Art

There seems to be like a European street or plaza extending down from the park, is that the shopping area or part of the theme park?

• Dreamer

Re: Its Official! Shanghai Disneyland Resort Breaks Ground! ALSO New Concept Art

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    There seems to be like a European street or plaza extending down from the park, is that the shopping area or part of the theme park?
    According to the plan posted by Timmy in another thread it appear to be the commercial facilities AKA "Downtown Disney".

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I spotted that too. As from the post above, it appears it is.

Guess its sort of a Main Street.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Dreamer

I was just on CheriBibi's 5 Kingdoms Blog where he pointed out that Storybook Castle may have multiple fronts, each for the lands connected to the central hub, with the castle acting as the actual hub, making it a true centerpiece.

• Cool Yule

Wow now that would be novel. I quite like that idea.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Well I can't wait to go here when it opens!!!!

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I very much dislike the idea of a 'one size fits all' castle for Shanghai Disneyland. We've been so hoping that another Disney fairytale--such as either Beauty & the Beast or Rapunzel--might receive a magnificent castle in their honor.

ORWEN: Yeah! I mean, if they just build a one size fits all princess castle for this new park, it takes away from the magic and makes everything seem so generic. Giving the castle some ownership makes it a lot more special than a mere 'storybook castle'. Yuck!!!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I very much dislike the idea of a 'one size fits all' castle for Shanghai Disneyland. We've been so hoping that another Disney fairytale--such as either Beauty & the Beast or Rapunzel--might receive a magnificent castle in their honor.

ORWEN: Yeah! I mean, if they just build a one size fits all princess castle for this new park, it takes away from the magic and makes everything seem so generic. Giving the castle some ownership makes it a lot more special than a mere 'storybook castle'. Yuck!!!
    Agreed!
    What is a storybook castle? Sounds like something you would find in Nara Dreamland or some other park trying to be like Disneyland.
    Disney... make the castle Rapunzel´s!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post

I agree. also they mentioned more "Meet 'N'Greets" in the park, almost no such mention for attractions!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Agreed!
    What is a storybook castle? Sounds like something you would find in Nara Dreamland or some other park trying to be like Disneyland.
    Disney... make the castle Rapunzel´s!
    Don't quote me on this but I think that Storybook Castle is not the final name. Again I am not 100% positive.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    I spotted that too. As from the post above, it appears it is.

Guess its sort of a Main Street.
    Main Street and Downtown Disney Anaheim basically serve the same function, so this makes sense.

• ºoºEsteban♂

I am a little sceptical the castle.... looks like Cinderella Castle in Florida and Tokyo... but at the same time... the concept art makes the castle look like the castle in the Walt disney Pictures Company logo.... with the field in the front it may just look super magical, so GOOD JOB Disney!!!
    When stars are born...They possess a gift or two,
    one of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true!

Looks like the park is going to be a mix of Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disney. Given this park will not have a railroad running around the perimeter of the park. Looks like allot of the ideas not built in HK Disney will go over here. It will be interesting to see how much of the disney magic will be in this park.

• Minion

I have nothing against a generic storybook castle, nor do I feel that such a castle is beneath Disney. Why would it be? Should we replace Fortress Explorations at TDS with a fort from some Disney movie? I understand what they are doing...this is a castle that is adaptable to different princesses over time, rather than being tied down to any particular one. It basically fulfills the role of the upcoming meet and greet replacing Snow White's Adventures at the MK, albeit in a more permanent and grander form. Disneyland California's original castle was pretty generic too, being based on European castles like Neuschwanstein rather than on a movie castle. It was going to be named after Snow White, when Walt conveniently switched it to Sleeping Beauty in order to promote his upcoming film. Personally, I do love the look of Rapunzel's castle, and would have preferred it to the one that's going to be built. However, I don't think that makes the actual one a bad choice.
    Down with the Hat

• Future Disney Imagineer

I wonder if the inside of the castle will have different ball rooms. As an imagineer, I would have tried something tricky, like creating a huge main ballroom, with walls that "magically" change for each princess. There could be an astounding show using lights and projections on the walls and ceilings to completely change the setting each time. For instance, projected banners would roll down the wall and royal emblems would magically appear on the walls as the ballroom is transformed into Sleeping Beauty's royal Hall. Then, beautiful murals would appear on the celing, and the enourmous chandelier in the center would light up as the room transforms into the ballroom in Beast's castle.

Just some little things with modern technology that would create an unforgettable and extra-magical experience for everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast