Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

Yeah, I have to agree that if built, the Tron ride will be based (visually) on Tron: Legacy. However, I have to ask for you two (Ride Warrior and Soul_Meets_Body), on the topic of not liking the first as much: how big of a computer nerd are you?

I ask because me and all of my nerd/geek/dork friends love the original for all of the computer references (which is also what "did it in", so to speak). It seems that the computer nerdy/savvy take a much stronger liking to the first one than most people do.

• Minion

I can tell you with 90% certainty that a TRON attraction will be built in Shanghai, but not at Disneyland.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree that if built, the Tron ride will be based (visually) on Tron: Legacy. However, I have to ask for you two (Ride Warrior and Soul_Meets_Body), on the topic of not liking the first as much: how big of a computer nerd are you?

I ask because me and all of my nerd/geek/dork friends love the original for all of the computer references (which is also what "did it in", so to speak). It seems that the computer nerdy/savvy take a much stronger liking to the first one than most people do.
    If it wasn't for the first Tron, Legacy would not exist. This means that the first film is the beginning (and the center point) of the Legacy. I'm not as computer technology savvy as aficianados as you, but I aspire to be. Thanks to fans/techno talents like you, I am able to better appreciate the fascinating cybor world of movies such as Tron that premise computech storylines.

It is my hope that elements of the first film will also be represented in the Tron ride. ElecTRONica is a positive sign that Disneyland will be getting the ride - perhaps even before Shanghai.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-03-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    At both Shanghai and Anaheim, it would be extremely trippy plowing thru the cybor portal, ready to do battle! The layout is said to give one a riveting experience minus inversions.
    "Riveting experience"? The same coaster stock as Pony Express at Knott's? With some cheesy GRID overlay dripping with disco neon that will burn out after two years and never be replaced?

---------- Post added 07-03-2011 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I can tell you with 90% certainty that a TRON attraction will be built in Shanghai, but not at Disneyland.
    That's what I'm hearing as well.

Shanghai? Definitely.

Anaheim? Doubtful.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    "Riveting experience"? The same coaster stock as Pony Express at Knott's?
    Are they seriously planning to just use a layout predesigned by Vekoma?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Shanghai? Definitely.

Anaheim? Doubtful.
    What about the supposed duplicate for the Magic Kingdom? Or was cost savings found in using a predesigned track layout?

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Are they seriously planning to just use a layout predesigned by Vekoma?
    If it's an indoor coaster, it will most likely need to be custom designed for the show building, given the constraints of TL's limited real estate, even with the demolition of existing structures like the carousel building.

When I stated "stock coaster," I meant one that already exists in other parks with just a slight variation in vehicle theming and layout, not necessarily one that was ready to build without tweaking. Plus, indoor coasters are far more restrictive than outdoor versions, because of the limiting footprint of the show building. There's only so much this coaster will be able to achieve in terms of thrills, given the nature of the passenger seat. I wouldn't expect the TRON coaster to have any more thrill factor than Pony Express, with these two limiting constraints. And when you're whizzing by interior show sets at even 20 mph, details get lost easily. Who cares if the coaster is on the GRID or on the prairie... you won't be able to see much of anything once the coaster launches.

If DL actually installs this indoor coaster, it will definitely increase capacity. As for its theme, I really don't care. Coasters are fun even without elaborate theming. But weakly applied theming just makes them seem all the more pathetic. Better to have no theming than mediocre cheap theming, but YMMV.

I believe the only way this coaster will actually fly with fans is if the first half of the ride is in creep mode through several immersive show sets before the launch. But simply rolling through 10 seconds of dimly lit GRID a la Space Mountain cheapo laserium theming just won't cut it. And given the poorly themed attractions from the recent past, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up being produced.

Color me skeptical, even if the blasted coaster is actually built.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Source: Screamscape

If the indoor Tron coaster makes the final budget approval. a high speed launch will jetison Lightcycles into the intereactive virtual grid of good vs. evil via a Vekoma Motobike trsnsport system. Odds are, DLR will likely get a similar ride, At both Shanghai and Anaheim, it would be extremely trippy plowing thru the cybor portal, ready to do battle! The layout is said to give one a riveting experience minus inversions.

It from a kiddy ride (Vekoma Motobike trsnsport system) to plain lame (no inversions). =( The Main question is, where will this attraction be built (IF) is speeds into Disneyland and the odds are, it's not going to be a long roller coaster ride like California Scream'n.

I know this is fake but I like this idea more or it may be even similar...

I believe this is the substitute for Space Mountain since Shanghai Disneyland won't get a Space Mountain, right?
    Last edited by JMora; 07-03-2011 at 08:58 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    It from a kiddy ride (Vekoma Motobike trsnsport system) to plain lame (no inversions). =( The Main question is, where will this attraction be built (IF) is speeds into Disneyland and the odds are, it's not going to be a long roller coaster ride like California Scream'n.

I know this is fake but I like this idea more or it may be even similar...

I believe this is the substitute for Space Mountain since Shanghai Disneyland won't get a Space Mountain, right?
    Space Mountain, the Matterhorn and Big Tjunder Mountain Railroad are three of the most popular coasters on the planet - and they each accomplish the purpose of being intense and entertaining without inversions. That's because the general public is looking for fun first, and a bit of an adrinalin rush second. Even the lengthy California Scramin.has only one inversion. And speaking of length, don't be surprised if the Tron: Legacy Coaster (if built ) ends up being just as long as Screamin' or Space, if not a lengthier adventure than both. No way are we going to end up with a Gadget's Go Coaster or Goofy's Flight School.

Cool animated Tron coaster video. Any major coaster attraction at DLR will be way longer than this, though. Love the Tron theme music track. The tune is sure to play heavy in the Tron ride, should the rumor prove true.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

im kinda computer nerdy, and i have a lot of engineer friends. i do like the first one, but i just like the second one better. i just gravitate to legacy more, partially i think because it is more serious.

Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....

Finally something tron at Disney that's not actualy a bad idea! ElecTRONica made me sick... It was like a bad musical!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kh2sora View Post
    Finally something tron at Disney that's not actualy a bad idea! ElecTRONica made me sick... It was like a bad musical!
    A headliner Tron ride has a plentitude of potential as an adventurous experience that captivates the imagination and rocks the senses! It could rival Space Mountain.

Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....

A headliner Tron ride has a plentitude of potential as an adventurous Iexperience that captivates the imagination and rocks the senses! It could rival Space Mountain.
    I know man, that's what I was saying!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kh2sora View Post
    I know man, that's what I was saying!
    The belief by you, me and those of like accord that Disney will spare no expense in designing/exicuting a cutting edge Tomorrowland Tron ride will prove itself truer than true. both virtually and in reality.

• Minion

I can confirm that a Tron attraction is not coming to Disneyland anytime soon. Sorry.

With that said, a Tron attraction is looking very likely for Shanghai.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I can confirm that a Tron attraction is not coming to Disneyland anytime soon. Sorry.

With that said, a Tron attraction is looking very likely for Shanghai.
    You're cirtainly entitled to your own opinion.

Nevertheless between the US and Canada, Tron: Legacy boxoffice gross profit was $172,062,763. It's boxoffice gross in China was in comparison a mere $18,889,822. Now, there is no absolute guarantee that the rumor for Anaheim or Shanghai will absolutely happen. If Shanghai Disneyland suits play their cards right (and the region is willing to invest the capital) , odds are they will get the ride. However, there is no way that Glendale and TDA are not going to prioritize building a Tron: Legacy ride at DLR (over any deal for the ride in Shanghai) due to the much higher potential profits to be realized from tapping and synergizing the domestic franchise market.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast