Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....

Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You're cirtainly entitled to your own opinion.

Nevertheless between the US and Canada, Tron: Legacy boxoffice gross profit was $172,062,763. It's boxoffice gross in China was in comparison a mere $18,889,822. Now, there is no absolute guarantee that the rumor for Anaheim or Shanghai will absolutely happen. If Shanghai Disneyland suits play their cards right (and the region is willing to invest the capital) , odds are they will get the ride. However, there is no way that Glendale and TDA are not going to prioritize building a Tron: Legacy ride at DLR (over any deal for the ride in Shanghai) due to the much higher potential profits to be realized from tapping and synergizing the domestic franchise market.
    its true, it was much more popular here than it was in China. and at the same time, it will also reach out to a different crowd at disney. and i also believe that if it were at disneyland, that disneyland would not only have more of a crowd there and they would get more money, but it would also just be more epic than disneyland has ever been. the tron legacy coaster (if put in disneyland CA) would easily just end up paying for itself, and i can promise all of you that.

• 秘密のヘルツ

Regardless of what anybody thinks of Tron: Legacy (I personally love it), I think a Tron: Legacy ride is a no-brainer. I mean, Song of the South is not the greatest movie of all time, but Splash Mountain is awesome. I think that's really the only comparison anyone needs to make when wondering whether a polarizing (at best) movie could make a ride that all audiences would love.

Another example: Star Tours. I'm insanely obsessed with the original trilogy, the prequels, video games and the Clone Wars 3D animated series, but I do still understand the prequel hate. I also know that Star Wars no longer has the same universal appeal it did before the prequels existed. But even so, Star Tours is AMAZING, and the line is always long, even though I'm sure not everyone loves every Star Wars movie.

Anyway, I really want a Tron: Legacy ride at Disneyland. The odds of me ever going to Shanghai are like 3,720 to 1. So hopefully if Shanghai gets one, Disneyland will, too.

Intamin worked with Disney after the California Screamin' accident. The three rides at both Toy Story Playland are Intamin creations.

Regarding Pony Express, different thing! Sure, it may look like the same ride, but Pony Express was done by an italian company called Zamperla. Vekoma does this kind of motorbike coaster: Booster Bike (Toverland) .

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kh2sora View Post
    its true, it was much more popular here than it was in China. and at the same time, it will also reach out to a different crowd at disney. and i also believe that if it were at disneyland, that disneyland would not only have more of a crowd there and they would get more money, but it would also just be more epic than disneyland has ever been. the tron legacy coaster (if put in disneyland CA) would easily just end up paying for itself, and i can promise all of you that.
    Well put, kh2sora. In addition to the larger built-in Tron fan base, Disneyland is the second highest ranking park (according to TEA) in terms of attendance worldwide....with DCA taking the number 11 position (odds are DCA will rise next year). This supports the contention that there is an opportunity to build up a much larger ride fan base in Anaheim amoung non-current Tron fans than in Shanghai.

---------- Post added 07-07-2011 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jupitertronic View Post
    Regardless of what anybody thinks of Tron: Legacy (I personally love it), I think a Tron: Legacy ride is a no-brainer. I mean, Song of the South is not the greatest movie of all time, but Splash Mountain is awesome. I think that's really the only comparison anyone needs to make when wondering whether a polarizing (at best) movie could make a ride that all audiences would love.

Another example: Star Tours. I'm insanely obsessed with the original trilogy, the prequels, video games and the Clone Wars 3D animated series, but I do still understand the prequel hate. I also know that Star Wars no longer has the same universal appeal it did before the prequels existed. But even so, Star Tours is AMAZING, and the line is always long, even though I'm sure not everyone loves every Star Wars movie.

Anyway, I really want a Tron: Legacy ride at Disneyland. The odds of me ever going to Shanghai are like 3,720 to 1. So hopefully if Shanghai gets one, Disneyland will, too.
    Even those American citizens that can afford to go to Shanghai can't afford to do so anywhere near as frequently as Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMTFan View Post
    Intamin worked with Disney after the California Screamin' accident. The three rides at both Toy Story Playland are Intamin creations.

Regarding Pony Express, different thing! Sure, it may look like the same ride, but Pony Express was done by an italian company called Zamperla. Vekoma does this kind of motorbike coaster: Booster Bike (Toverland) .
    Well, then, Intamin may well be working on ride projects at DLR in the near future. Thanks, SpaceMTFan. This is good to hear!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....

ok totaly random and im just gonna put this out there but, if there was a tron coaster to be put into disneyland, i would realy ecpext to see some animatronics (haha or animaTRONics.... im sorry, had to say it) and i would also expect to see the inside where the coaster is to be designed like the grid. i wouldnt want it to just be like those knock off coasters that some parks have where they just call it a name from a movie, and yet it has nothing to do with it. it would be even cooler if they had movie screen type things around the room inside where the coaster is, so it would look like TRON legacy. im realy expecting them to do something good with this, because TRON legacy is my favorite movie and it realy deserves more than it has....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jupitertronic View Post
    Splash Mountain was given its final approval in 1986, the same year as a successful theatrical re-release. That this would be the last US release was not known at the time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

ok totaly random and im just gonna put this out there but, if there was a tron coaster to be put into disneyland, i would realy ecpext to see some animatronics (haha or animaTRONics.... im sorry, had to say it) and i would also expect to see the inside where the coaster is to be designed like the grid. i wouldnt want it to just be like those knock off coasters that some parks have where they just call it a name from a movie, and yet it has nothing to do with it. it would be even cooler if they had movie screen type things around the room inside where the coaster is, so it would look like TRON legacy. im realy expecting them to do something good with this, because TRON legacy is my favorite movie and it realy deserves more than it has....
    AnimaTRONics....I love it! LOL! Pretty darn clever.

Six Flags and Cedar Fair both turn my stomach when it comes to rides that feature only thy functional mechanical components. The only thing themed about them at all is the commercial names they slap on. I think Disney would definitely make the ride feel like the elecTRONifying real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Splash Mountain was given its final approval in 1986, the same year as a successful theatrical re-release. That this would be the last US release was not known at the time.
    How wonderful it would be, Lazyboy, if Disney should ever decide to remake Song of the South, or do a sequel. I'd love to see a new work done in CGI, and with some new songs added to new versions of the classics.

ok totaly random and im just gonna put this out there but, if there was a tron coaster to be put into disneyland, i would realy ecpext to see some animatronics (haha or animatronics.... Im sorry, had to say it) and i would also expect to see the inside where the coaster is to be designed like the grid. I wouldnt want it to just be like those knock off coasters that some parks have where they just call it a name from a movie, and yet it has nothing to do with it. It would be even cooler if they had movie screen type things around the room inside where the coaster is, so it would look like tron legacy. Im realy expecting them to do something good with this, because tron legacy is my favorite movie and it realy deserves more than it has....

winning

• Minion

You're cirtainly entitled to your own opinion.

Nevertheless between the US and Canada, Tron: Legacy boxoffice gross profit was $172,062,763. It's boxoffice gross in China was in comparison a mere $18,889,822. Now, there is no absolute guarantee that the rumor for Anaheim or Shanghai will absolutely happen. If Shanghai Disneyland suits play their cards right (and the region is willing to invest the capital) , odds are they will get the ride. However, there is no way that Glendale and TDA are not going to prioritize building a Tron: Legacy ride at DLR (over any deal for the ride in Shanghai) due to the much higher potential profits to be realized from tapping and synergizing the domestic franchise market.
    My opinion? What a joke! I'm telling you that TRON is not happening at Disneyland. Sorry. It's reality. I am also telling you that Disney was disappointed with Tron:Legacy's U.S. box office. This is not an opinion, but fact. Get over it.

• Mickey Ear Biter

I am new to the Tron Fandom, but I defitnely would enjoy the ride the OP describes.

Unfortunetaly, all I can imagine Anaheim getting is a temporary Tron overlay on Space Mountain (like the rockin roller coaster thing a while ago), which would simultaneously be inferior and would kill the mood of space mountian (if rockin roller coaster was anything to go by- the music was cool, but the lighting was nothing special and lit up the wondeful darkness too much)
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    My opinion? What a joke! I'm telling you that TRON is not happening at Disneyland. Sorry. It's reality. I am also telling you that Disney was disappointed with Tron:Legacy's U.S. box office. This is not an opinion, but fact. Get over it.
    You're entitled to your opinion over what you consider the facts to be. Sure, disney wishes the film would have been an blockbuster of epic proportions. But, the film franchise has grossed enough (and ElecTRONica has proved itself popular enough) to give Disney confidence to build a Tron based eticket ride. That said, I welcome your difference of opinion disneylandfan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I am new to the Tron Fandom, but I defitnely would enjoy the ride the OP describes.

Unfortunetaly, all I can imagine Anaheim getting is a temporary Tron overlay on Space Mountain (like the rockin roller coaster thing a while ago), which would simultaneously be inferior and would kill the mood of space mountian (if rockin roller coaster was anything to go by- the music was cool, but the lighting was nothing special and lit up the wondeful darkness too much)
    If the Pressler/Rasulo management team were still alive and kicking, a Tron overlay of Space Mountain would likely be the best we could hope for. But it's a whole new investment era for Disney. Anythig could happen....from one of my Tron ride ideas to a rumored Kuka robo arm ride for the Innoventions building.

• Minion

You're entitled to your opinion over what you consider the facts to be. Sure, disney wishes the film would have been an blockbuster of epic proportions. But, the film franchise has grossed enough (and ElecTRONica has proved itself popular enough) to give Disney confidence to build a Tron based eticket ride. That said, I welcome your difference of opinion disneylandfan.
    The problem is that it isn't an opinion. TRON isn't happening. Period. No opinion, just fact.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The problem is that it isn't an opinion. TRON isn't happening. Period. No opinion, just fact.
    TwRONg. If there is a clear blue sky for all to see today, then it's a fact. The belief that the sky will continue to be clear blue tomorrow is a rather colorful yet cloudy opinion.

Singing (and Dancing) In The Rain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdxCx7GilbQ&feature=fvst

Laughter In The Rain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYIiY2wnyU
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.

• Minion

^ Since your mind can't be changed by obvious facts, we'll wait until D23 in August to finish this debate and see who is right. Deal?

• Iron-Clad Allie

^ Since your mind can't be changed by obvious facts, we'll wait until D23 in August to finish this debate and see who is right. Deal?
    Disney may or may not be ready to announce a Disneyland Tron ride at the August D23 forum. Besides, my notion that there is a strong reason to believe disneyland will get a Tron ride is my opinion. I've never portrayed it to be anything else. You not only seem to be insisting that your opinion is fact, but also that I am calling my opinion fact. Factually speaking, you are right though that we should wait and see.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast