Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disney may or may not be ready to announce a Disneyland Tron ride at the August D23 forum. Besides, my notion that there is a strong reason to believe disneyland will get a Tron ride is my opinion. I've never portrayed it to be anything else. You not only seem to be insisting that your opinion is fact, but also that I am calling my opinion fact. Factually speaking, you are right though that we should wait and see.....
    What I am saying is that I know for a fact that there will be an announcement at D23 which will prevent a TRON attraction from coming to Disneyland's Tomorrowland. And that is not my opinion. I know this for a fact.

    And to say you "never portrayed it to be anything else", in regards to your "opinion", is completely bonkers. Go reread some of your posts, buddy. It explicitly sounds like you are saying a TRON attraction is coming and there is no room for debate.

  2. #47

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....
    Posts
    35

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The problem is that it isn't an opinion. TRON isn't happening. Period. No opinion, just fact.
    Well, lets put it this way. You can't say that. You dont know that, no one knows. Maybe the disneyland crew has something planned for the future right now, maybe they dont. Even if they dont put in a Tron attraction until years from now, they still might put one in. no one even expected a Tron sequal to be released 27 years after it was made. It was indeed suprising for most people who lived through the time period of the 80's including my parents. Now, i am only a teenager, so im not the smartest of the population, to say the least. But i do know that nothing can be said for fact unless it has been proven AS FACT. I also realize that since i am actualy thinking about being a disney designer when i get in my thirties, i know FOR A FACT that disney will do pretty much anything to draw in guest and gain money. This means that if enough fans want a good Tron legacy attraction, most likely disneyland will eventually have one.

  3. #48

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    ^ Well there is a big difference between what you are saying and what Ride Warrior is saying.

    I agree that a TRON attraction may happen at some point in time. In the direct future, I can say with certainty "no". That doesn't mean that it can't be built well into the future, but within the next 5 years, I can say that it isn't happening.

  4. #49

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    What I am saying is that I know for a fact that there will be an announcement at D23 which will prevent a TRON attraction from coming to Disneyland's Tomorrowland. And that is not my opinion. I know this for a fact.

    And to say you "never portrayed it to be anything else", in regards to your "opinion", is completely bonkers. Go reread some of your posts, buddy. It explicitly sounds like you are saying a TRON attraction is coming and there is no room for debate.
    I'm deeply touched that you consider me your buddy. The good thing about buddies is that they respect eachothers opinions....even when each has a sTRONg perspective of their own.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #50

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    ^ And I would have respected your opinion had you presented it like an opinion. Instead, you presented it as a fact and I told you that you are wrong.

  6. #51

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by kh2sora View Post
    Well, lets put it this way. You can't say that. You dont know that, no one knows. Maybe the disneyland crew has something planned for the future right now, maybe they dont. Even if they dont put in a Tron attraction until years from now, they still might put one in. no one even expected a Tron sequal to be released 27 years after it was made. It was indeed suprising for most people who lived through the time period of the 80's including my parents. Now, i am only a teenager, so im not the smartest of the population, to say the least. But i do know that nothing can be said for fact unless it has been proven AS FACT. I also realize that since i am actualy thinking about being a disney designer when i get in my thirties, i know FOR A FACT that disney will do pretty much anything to draw in guest and gain money. This means that if enough fans want a good Tron legacy attraction, most likely disneyland will eventually have one.
    ^
    This! I completely share your perspective here, kh2sora. Restated, nothing can be proven as fact that hasn't happened. That's sagely expressed logic. You deserve to achieve your dream of one day becoming an Imagineer. Keep positively moving forward and improving upon your goals and skills. Intrinsic achievement is it's own reward, and can lead to great things.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    I honestly don't see this rumor having much truth (if any) to it. TRON is a beloved fan movie, however didn't do so great at the box office, and this rumor uses the most obvious, commonly used ride system? It just seems like a fan came up with the idea and somehow shifted into a rumor rather than rumor spread from an actual source.

  8. #53

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I honestly don't see this rumor having much truth (if any) to it. TRON is a beloved fan movie, however didn't do so great at the box office, and this rumor uses the most obvious, commonly used ride system? It just seems like a fan came up with the idea and somehow shifted into a rumor rather than rumor spread from an actual source.
    The Kuka robo arm based ride rumor (mentioned earlier) would not be a commonplace ride system, nor is the Star Tours: The Adventure Continues simulator ride. The 4-D repacement attraction for HISTA/Captain EO would be more of an ordinary experience.

    The Kuka ride at Innoventions is a rumor. The other two have been presented simply as hypothetical ideas.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #54

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....
    Posts
    35

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    ^ I agree that a TRON attraction may happen at some point in time. In the direct future, I can say with certainty "no". That doesn't mean that it can't be built well into the future, but within the next 5 years, I can say that it isn't happening.
    Well, i can definatley understand where you are coming from. You see, i also believe that the idea for a Tron attraction at disneyland will not be released until 3-4 years from now. I still believe though that the imagineers are definatley thinking of either putting something Tron in, or not putting something Tron in. Either way, it has crossed the minds of the imagineers and im sure that the team at disney is actualy giving it thought right now. Disney's secrets are indeed VERY SECRET. This means that they would possibly even have something planned for 20 years from now, but no one but the disney team knows this.

    On the other hand, unless you are an imagineer (and if you are than i sincerely apologize for arguing) you dont know what disney has planned for these next few years, even next few months. they could release something tommorow saying that disneyland is going to have a Tron attraction, i dont honestly know. and the reason for this is because im not an imagineer. only imagineers know, and i repeat, since you are not an imagineer you nor i know what disney has planned....

  10. #55

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by kh2sora View Post
    Well, i can definatley understand where you are coming from. You see, i also believe that the idea for a Tron attraction at disneyland will not be released until 3-4 years from now. I still believe though that the imagineers are definatley thinking of either putting something Tron in, or not putting something Tron in. Either way, it has crossed the minds of the imagineers and im sure that the team at disney is actualy giving it thought right now. Disney's secrets are indeed VERY SECRET. This means that they would possibly even have something planned for 20 years from now, but no one but the disney team knows this.

    On the other hand, unless you are an imagineer (and if you are than i sincerely apologize for arguing) you dont know what disney has planned for these next few years, even next few months. they could release something tommorow saying that disneyland is going to have a Tron attraction, i dont honestly know. and the reason for this is because im not an imagineer. only imagineers know, and i repeat, since you are not an imagineer you nor i know what disney has planned....
    Well put, my friend. Rather curious how some non-imagineers profess to know more about Disney's future plans than Disney itself, and it's imagineers.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  11. #56

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,181

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Tron would make a bad ride as coaster anyway. I hope I wont see a Tron coaster ever. As a Test Track styled ride perhaps. Legacy had a driving segment that could be made into a ride... but It would take alot of land for that ride. DL doesn´t have it. What Shanghai will get? Who knows!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  12. #57

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Tron would make a bad ride as coaster anyway. I hope I wont see a Tron coaster ever. As a Test Track styled ride perhaps. Legacy had a driving segment that could be made into a ride... but It would take alot of land for that ride. DL doesn´t have it. What Shanghai will get? Who knows!
    As you say TimmyTimmyTimmy, a Test Track Tron ride system would likely be even better than a coaster. Unfortunately, with Radiator Springs Racers (and othe TT tech based rides, they are mega expensive (plus require moogoo land). Regardless, I'll take the ride any way that Disney wants to deliver it! Good idea TTT! Just had to address my concerns - and put a stamp on them.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    As you say TimmyTimmyTimmy, a Test Track Tron ride system would likely be even better than a coaster. Unfortunately, with Radiator Springs Racers (and othe TT tech based rides, they are mega expensive (plus require moogoo land). Regardless, I'll take the ride any way that Disney wants to deliver it! Good idea TTT! Just had to address my concerns - and put a stamp on them.
    A coaster wouldn't be cheap at all either? Do you understand that a plain coaster is the most expensive ride to maintain in Disneyland? And I would hope a coaster would get some major $$$, especially one that will need to be heavily themed and indoor.

    I'm highly doubtful of this ever happening anyways.

  14. #59

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,470

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    A coaster wouldn't be cheap at all either? Do you understand that a plain coaster is the most expensive ride to maintain in Disneyland? And I would hope a coaster would get some major $$$, especially one that will need to be heavily themed and indoor.

    I'm highly doubtful of this ever happening anyways.
    Why would I even imply that an immersive indoor coaster ride would not be expensive? Such a ride would demand a lower enough budget to warrant building one over a Test Track system. I do appreciate the opportunity that you have given me, ICe, in order to make that point clear. Whether we agree on any particular matter or not, your always on top of the issues, and contribute knowedge that contributes to making everyone's threads better. We each have opinions that are worthy of consideration here.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #60

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    252

    Re: Tron Coaster To Feature Lightcycles, and A High Velocity Launch System

    what's it gonna be called?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 09:10 PM
  3. ...and the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar goes to...
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 11:55 PM
  4. Kids and roller coaster safety
    By lady3jane in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 06:23 PM
  5. Disney looks high and low for new CEO - CNN/Money, 2/11/05
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •