• Iron-Clad Allie

Lost World River Rapids To Draw From Griizzly River Run & Uni's Jurassic Park

Sources: Screamscape and Bluesky Disney

Apparently the Shanghai suits love both DCA's Grizzly River Run and Universal's Jurassic Park River Adventure. They are giving the ride a highly immersive dinosaur theme, and may well feature drops similar to those featured at both GRR and IOA's river adventure. The working name for the ride is apparently Lost World River Rapids. The location is said to be toward the front of the park where the dark mountain is located to the right on Shanghai's sketchy concept art map.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-02-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Lost World River Rapids To Draw From Griizzly River Run & Uni's Jurassic Park

So basically it'll be like Universal Singapore's Jurassic Park River Rapids ride.

Re: Lost World River Rapids To Draw From Griizzly River Run & Uni's Jurassic Park

interesting

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

That would be quite the exciting ride! Despite the extreme likelihood of getting soaked, I'd definitely have to go on this several times each trip (if it's done correctly, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Sources: Screamscape and Bluesky Disney

Apparently the Shanghai suits love both DCA's Grizzly River Run and Universal's Jurassic Park River Adventure they are giving the ride a highly immersive dinosaur theme, and may well feature drops similar to those featured at both GRR and IOA's river adventure. The working name for the ride is apparently Lost World River Rapids. The location is said to be toward the front of the park where the dark mountain is located to the right on Shanghai's sketchy concept art map.
    where did you get this information from? is it reliable?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shanghairules View Post
    Screamscape - usually not. LARGE grain of salt. Bluesky Disney however has a somewhat better reputation as far as I know...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    So basically it'll be like Universal Singapore's Jurassic Park River Rapids ride.
    In terms of prehistoric landscape theming, Shanghai would be similar to the Singapore ride. However, shanghai would probably go all out to crate a more complex, interactive and immersoive background. It's Dinosaur AA's would likely be more creative and advanced as well. I believe we can expect the drops to be more like those at DCA's GRR, including at least one drop that would spin guests around at the same tim they are falling. Plus, we can always coung on the Shanghai "scoudrels" (ha ha) to aim for creating ride elements that are fresh and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Meets_Body View Post
    interesting
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    That would be quite the exciting ride! Despite the extreme likelihood of getting soaked, I'd definitely have to go on this several times each trip (if it's done correctly, of course).
    I'm with you, dland_lover. A ride like this sounds extremely repeatable. Most parks soak you at the gates. Disney parks might soak you at the gates too, but getting soaked on the rides definitely helps to make up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by shanghairules View Post
    I listed my sources in the opening post. I beleve the first is more reliable on the average than some give it credit for. Other than that, I agree with yoyoflamingo's thoughts below...

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Screamscape - usually not. LARGE grain of salt. Bluesky Disney however has a somewhat better reputation as far as I know...
    Thanks, yoyoflamingo.

• Future Disney Imagineer

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...-aka-thor.html Hopefully an amazing and immersive ride similar to this, except it's a raft ride instead of a JungleCruise-like ride. I hope it will be huge and have immersive, and at the best, epic show scenes.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...-aka-thor.html Hopefully an amazing and immersive ride similar to this, except it's a raft ride instead of a JungleCruise-like ride. I hope it will be huge and have immersive, and at the best, epic show scenes.
    Fantastic renderings! Tom's designs are so sharp that they come to life even in the form of sketches. As you have indicated, Incrediboy, a raft ride would have far more interactive energy than a slow trek on a Jungle Cruise type of boat. The raft/rapids rise is apparently what Shanghai is aiming for.

• Minion

From the renderings we know that there is most likely going to be a raft ride. But I am skeptical about the dinosaur theme. IMO that would make it way too similar to the Uni ride. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

My own hope would be for a variation on the Tiger River raft ride concept that got dumbed down to Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom.
    Last edited by tasman; 07-14-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Must we make a thread every time a Disney related news update appears on Screamscape?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    Must we make a thread every time a Disney related news update appears on Screamscape?
    A catch-all rumor thread might be good.
    Down with the Hat