Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Enchanted Storybook Castle full reveal video

Re: Enchanted Storybook Castle full reveal video

Thanks for the video.

The castle looks great, but not as fantastic as the castle in Paris. The boat rides seems also wonderful and I think it is a good addition to Fantasyland.

• Minion

ORWEN: I just can't get excited about a castle that has no identity. No particular Disney character owns it or lives in it.

ORDDU: It's just a beautiful structure with no particular mythology associated with it. That's a big mistake.

ORGOCH: Should a built a Horny King Castle instead!

• Circle of Ancients

I have to disagree with my dear witches above.

I absolutely LOVE this. It's not the same Sleeping Beauty/Cinderella castle that we've seen over and over. Not sure if "Beasts" castle on it's own has enough identity or if any of the other Disney castles have enough identity.

This way we get the best of all of them and I think it's great.

I like it! It kinda reminds me of the CGI castle they use now in the logo for Disney movies. Looks pretty big too.

I like how its big and actually has an interior (wish they could do something more with Cindy's castle) but i have to agree with the witches. I think its because, its just odd to have the other 5 castles be named after the same 2 princesses and then this one gets to be generic. well anyway, idk if its just the video but it looks too big at the base then only has 2 towers to add some verticality. imo. still, original and big

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I just can't get excited about a castle that has no identity. No particular Disney character owns it or lives in it.

ORDDU: It's just a beautiful structure with no particular mythology associated with it. That's a big mistake.

ORGOCH: Should a built a Horny King Castle instead!
    I agree! This is just a castle... Itīs like it has no story... and story is THE most important thing when it comes to anything in a Disneyland. They can always make up a story... but it will never be as good as one of the classic Disney fairytales. ...and that is just how it is.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

theirs a stage in front and water around do you think it could be like a fantasmic show in front of the castle? also looks like viewing tiers like paradise park on the sides

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Future Imagineer! =D

That castle needs a princess!!!!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Damn!

Finally a castle that's gonna actually be a castle inside and out for guests to actually experience.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I agree! This is just a castle... Itīs like it has no story... and story is THE most important thing when it comes to anything in a Disneyland. They can always make up a story... but it will never be as good as one of the classic Disney fairytales. ...and that is just how it is.
    *sigh* I don't agree with you this time.
    The Castle is dedicated to all the Disney Princesses.
    What is wrong with that? It obviously will tell a tale somehow.

The part I bolded, that proves you have no faith in todays Imagineers. How sad and unfortunate.

• Minion

ORDDU: The thing that's wrong with having a one size fits all princess castle is that it lacks an identity.

ORWEN: Yeah, the only reason I've ever cared about any of the previous Disney castles is because they belong to a specific Disney character. This creates excitement and endearment. You know who lives there. Just bringing all the princesses together under one roof and having them share a castle comes across as being uninspired and too generic. This might work in some situations--but not for something that is the focal point for the whole park.

ORDDU: And I think Beauty & the Beast or Rapunzel both deserve castles in their honor--SOMEWHERE...SOME place.

ORWEN: Especially since they've never had castles built for them, yet. Disney missed an important opportunity here.

---------- Post added 08-21-2011 at 03:37 AM ----------

ORDDU: And as far as not having faith in today's Imagineers, that could be a false assumption. I would be more inclined to blame the Marketing department, who often hold the poor Imagineers hostage and don't let them create what they'd really like to.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The thing that's wrong with having a one size fits all princess castle is that it lacks an identity.

ORWEN: Yeah, the only reason I've ever cared about any of the previous Disney castles is because they belong to a specific Disney character. This creates excitement and endearment. You know who lives there. Just bringing all the princesses together under one roof and having them share a castle comes across as being uninspired and too generic. This might work in some situations--but not for something that is the focal point for the whole park.

ORDDU: And I think Beauty & the Beast or Rapunzel both deserve castles in their honor--SOMEWHERE...SOME place.

ORWEN: Especially since they've never had castles built for them, yet. Disney missed an important opportunity here.
    Witches, admit it, you just want an Eilonwy Castle.
    or..do you?

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, Eilonwy never had a castle in The Black Cauldron. She'd just be satisfied to have a small cottage she could share with Taran--which she actually does have back in Prydain.

ORDDU: This entire debate really boils down to a matter of taste. Some Disney fans are not bothered by a castle without a tie to a particular mythology, whereas others are.

ORWEN: The thing I noticed about this castle is that--as pretty as it is--it seems unappealing--as though it's so over the top it lacks personality. I guess that's why I want it to be attached to a particular Disney Fairy tale. Without that, it comes across as a pile of frosting with no cake underneath.

ORGOCH: Ain't that what Leonard Maltin said 'bout Babies in Toyland?

ORWEN: I don't know about that. But this castle just doesn't impress me as much as all the previous Disney castles.

ORGOCH: Well, I keep tellin' ya all they should a went an' built a castle fer the Horny King!! That way he just might git off our backs fer a change!!!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    *sigh* I don't agree with you this time.
    The Castle is dedicated to all the Disney Princesses.
    What is wrong with that? It obviously will tell a tale somehow.

The part I bolded, that proves you have no faith in todays Imagineers. How sad and unfortunate.
    It canīt be Jasmines castle...
    ...and It canīt be Ariels castle.
    Iīd like to hear the tale of the princesses that had to share a castle. Talk about a messed up kingdom.

Imagine going on the Indiana Jones ride in Shanghai Disneyland. Itīs very similar to the one in Tokyo... but with one major difference... the ride also features the Lion King!
    It could be a ride for all movies based in the wilderness. ...
    Oh look! Thereīs Stitch!

I honestly think the imagineers were ordered from the top dogs to design a castle for all. ...a marketing castle.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 08-21-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast