Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Not here to help

Re: Micechat presence in Shanghai?

I hope to be there when on the day it opens. But it all depends on how easy or hard it will be to get tickets from Sweden.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I'm currently studying abroad in Nanjing, which is the city next door. I will probably get to Shanghai sometime this semester, but don't know exactly where the park would be built in relation to the rest of the city. I wonder what the natives of Shanghai would think if I was looking for it.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

If anyone out there lives in Shanghai or nearby and would like to send us updates from the construction site, please contact me.

[email protected]

Would love to do some regular updates from the new park.

Speaking of which, I have a bit of news to post about the park in a new thread.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

There is a lot of Language issues in China . Hong Kong has more English speaking people than in China .
    Disney has send CM from WDW to teach english to Chinese Students . Even Taxis in China doesnt speak any word of English .

Dusty you should translate your announcement in Chinese lol . It might sound funny but i'm serious .
    HKDL : Done !!!

I'd love to check out SDL if I get to go again later this year, but my days in Shanghai tend to be pretty tight, leaving only the evenings free, which is less than optimal for checking out construction sites.

• Five-Legged Goat

I'd love to be there on opening day, but given the expense of travel and the vicissitudes of debuting a new theme park, I don't think I'd take the risk that parts of the park might not yet be operational (or operating efficiently) on day one.

Plus, I'm sure the crowds are going to be crazy. Depending on what time of year the park opens, I'll probably wait a couple of months before I go -- and check the internet before booking my tickets to make sure there isn't some Chinese public holiday at the time I plan to visit.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Disney does not have the same fanbase in China as in America and in Japan or even in France.
    We can only hope that there is enough people in the region that a few of them update us with pictures and reviews of things being made in Shanghai. Most updates will probably come from Disney freaks from the west and surrounding countries travelling in China.
    you seem very passionate about Disney, so i'll just look to you for updates

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    you seem very passionate about Disney, so i'll just look to you for updates
    There will not be many Trip Reports from China at all. MiceChat (and even Disney´s own Shanghai page) is blocked in China. Their version of internet is the same at all as the one people know in the free parts of the world. All Trip Reports will be made from outside China.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^its a shame

I am typing this in Shanghai with a regular, local residential internet connection (i.e. no special software needed as is required to view facebook, youtube, twitter, etc.). I think the question is, how many expats in China will go to SDL *and* visit MiceChat. Also since visiting major attractions in China can be tiring (too many people), some expats may opt not to visit SDL (and to go a destination with fewer people). Even if MiceChat is blocked, most expats could access it.

Maybe a few Chinese will visit/login MiceChat? Hard to say. The site supports Chinese language input...

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by smcandrew View Post
    I am typing this in Shanghai with a regular, local residential internet connection (i.e. no special software needed as is required to view facebook, youtube, twitter, etc.). I think the question is, how many expats in China will go to SDL *and* visit MiceChat. Also since visiting major attractions in China can be tiring (too many people), some expats may opt not to visit SDL (and to go a destination with fewer people). Even if MiceChat is blocked, most expats could access it.

Maybe a few Chinese will visit/login MiceChat? Hard to say. The site supports Chinese language input...
    Even if that may be the case... look at Hong Kong Disneyland... Hong Kong is full of tourists, it´s even next to an airport.
    There is not much of action going on in the Hong Kong forum that´s for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12