Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Shanghai Disney Concept

At first I wasn't sure about srapping Main Street either, but the new concept art seen above made me change my mind. I think when SHDL is finished, DLP will lose the title of being the most beautiful Magic Kingdom park, but in my opinion DLP will still have the most beautiful castle.

---------- Post added 05-03-2012 at 02:23 PM ----------

Do we already know, how many hotels Disney is going to build? I guess there will be two or three on opening day.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    I had my doubts with the original plan to "scrap" Main Street". However, looking at this concept art I can see how they envision the entrance to fit into the concept and I've really taken a liking to it. Fantasia Gardens will prove a bit of a challenge in regards of a direct route to the castle, but it's nicely balanced out by Adventure- and Tomorrowland. I just hope the end result will be as magical as the other magic kingdoms.
    This "new" Disneyland design is not really that new. It will be built very much like Tokyo Disneyland, just with a slightly different theme to it.
    The entrance will be somewhat like a mix between TDLs World Bazaar and TDSs tunnel through the DisneySEA hotel but a bit themed to resemble the main gates of Tivoli Gardens.
    The central Plaza will be about the size of TDLs... but themed to Fantasyland.

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-03-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    This "new" Disneyland design is not really that new. It will be built very much like Tokyo Disneyland, just with a slightly different theme to it.
    The entrance will be somewhat like a mix between TDLs World Bazaar and TDSs tunnel through the DisneySEA hotel but a bit themed to resemble the main gates of Tivoli Gardens.
    The central Plaza will be about the size of TDLs... but themed to Fantasyland.

To some degree that was also done at WDSP with Studio 1, just on a smaller scale.

Maybe to many of us, not placing a Main Street its something that makes us doubt, but there was the time to change some of the original Walt Disney design, and make a magik kingdom-theme park something new. Fantasia Gardens will probably give the entrace that "magic" and some kind of feeling of immensity. Its something Unique, that is what SDL needs.
    Last edited by gonzabar77; 06-16-2012 at 07:12 PM.

• Disneyland fan!

I'm planning on attending the opening of Shanghai Disneyland!
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Gullywhumper View Post
    I'm planning on attending the opening of Shanghai Disneyland!
    Do you know how to go about it? I want my tickets now

Here's a new map of SHDL posted by Screamscape.com:

Name:  db_2012_0718_SDL_Map2_6001.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  184.6 KB

Take a good look on the upper left corner, it seems TSPL might come to SHDL. There's still hope that the design changes until construction starts and TSPL will not be part of the project. There is no need for TSPl since there's one in HKDL as well.
    Two TSPLs around the globe are enough.

This looks great!!! Mickey Ave. is pretty neat and i love the name Garden of Imagination. I also love all of the water feature in this park. Adventureland looks awesome with 2 E-tickets (pirates, and the dinosaur rift ride) I also love how BIG fantasyland is. I like that there is a 7 dwarf mine coaster and i guess there will be a pooh ride? and some other disney magic. Toy story land is fine I guess and it look like RC Racers has 2 tracks. If shanghai have toy story land it make be feel better that hong kong have it. Tomorrowland look small but with the tron ride and probably a buzz light year ride. I would not be surprised i one of the small attraction in the shanghai Tomorrowland will be going in Disneyland new Tomorrowland when ever that happens. I think this park is going to be fantastic!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

In that video he said that people traveled from really far to go to HKDL, I hope the huge scale of this park doesn't overshadow it.

As long as they keep Grizzle Gulch and Mystic Manor original to HKDL (atleast in China) I think they are safe. That really does look like a roller coaster on that map though, but maybe that's the Snow White mine ride.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm highly doubting that the design and contents of the park will change but I'm just happy that they are taking at least some unique switches with the park and not cloning it detail-by-detail. It'll be worth a visit or two one day.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Not here to help

Toy Story Playland in Shanghai Disneyland also?! I hope it is a joke... but it is there on the map. Everything else looks like the final version.

...Im not that thrilled about it otherwise anyway. I got my hopes up for a more interesting park in India... with no Toy Story junk.

The one they built in HKDL is not THAT popular. They have the chance to make Shanghai Disneyland different. But a it looks they are going blow it.
    HKDL will not only be a "copy" park... it will remain the "smallest place on earth" as people call it Hong Kong.

Name:  dj.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  216.0 KB

Notice that there will be 6 lands.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.

• I'm a Lutheran

Just because Playland is in there doesn't mean it's going to be a horrible park. The lands may not look massive and the park format may seem weird, but they're still being innovative with it. For starters, this is the first Disneyland ever to not have a Main Street or Jungle Cruise. Judging by the looks of Fantasyland, we're in for a real treat as we are for Adventureland and Tomorrowland. Toy Story Playland is just going to have to be a side affect to come with it.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

It seems Disney scrapped the canopy over Mickey Avenue (Main Street). You just have to compare the concept art with the one on page 3 of this thread.

Despite TSPL, it's going to be a nice park.

• I'm a Lutheran

Then there's always the chance they could always improve it over its two other counterparts and hope that Buzz isn't added to Tomorrowland.

• Not here to help

I feel sorry for HKDL because there will be no reason at all for a mainlander to visit that place after the Shanghai park is built.

I will not think it is going to be a nice park because anybody say it going to be that
    It just looks like a great park. We have great parks all over the world. A Disneyland should be something special no matter how its shaped.
    To me it just misses something.
    ...and seriously... a castle for all princesses and Pocahontas. Uh...

Ah, Ill go there anyway.

By the way... Disneyland in Paris does not have a Jungle Cruise either.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-19-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast