Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: Shanghai Disney Concept

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Disneyland is also one word, so when we use that argument, it has to be SD.

---------- Post added 07-23-2012 at 08:27 AM ----------

I guess we all agree when it comes to the castle. The design is definitely not the best and for me it looks too big and massive. However I lke the fact that it will contain a ride. They are taking the dragon idea from DLP to another level.
    Disneyland is shortend DL everywhere. DLParis etc... anyway...

Info about the tickets? anyone? itīs as silent here as in a restaurant after 8 in DLP
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Disneyland is shortend DL everywhere. DLParis etc... anyway...

Info about the tickets? anyone? itīs as silent here as in a restaurant after 8 in DLP
    Yeah I know that DL is used for Disneyland, but as long as everybody gets that SHDL means Shanghai Disneyland, we should be fine.

Don't you think it's a bit early to think about the tickets? But I'm also interested to know where we could get them in the future.

• Not here to help

Yeah I know that DL is used for Disneyland, but as long as everybody gets that SHDL means Shanghai Disneyland, we should be fine.

Don't you think it's a bit early to think about the tickets? But I'm also interested to know where we could get them in the future.
    Sure itīs early... but I still want to know. I want to be there as it opens.

Sure itīs early... but I still want to know. I want to be there as it opens.
    I wonder if Disney can establish an anticipation in Shanghai about the park, so that people really want to come ans that the park becomes a success.

I guess Disney will release infos about the tickets not earlier than a year before the grand opening. It would be fantastic to visit SDL in the frst year.

I wonder if Disney can establish an anticipation in Shanghai about the park, so that people really want to come ans that the park becomes a success.
    Something like they did for DLP? Would be a good idea.!

Hehe^^ just something that came in my mind right now. If Shanghai Disneyland becomes a big success, with lots of visitors and no finacial problems and HKDL holds its visitors and gets more in the future, and makes more money. the Only park that is highly visited but not realy a success is DLP

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-T View Post
    Something like they did for DLP? Would be a good idea.!

Hehe^^ just something that came in my mind right now. If Shanghai Disneyland becomes a big success, with lots of visitors and no finacial problems and HKDL holds its visitors and gets more in the future, and makes more money. the Only park that is highly visited but not realy a success is DLP
    I was too young when DLP opened, so I don't know if there was a hype about the park.

DLP is a success, you just have to look on the cash flow. The problem is the huge debt, because it consumes all potential profit. If they wouldn't have the debts, there would be a profit. I've read somewhere, I think it was the site about the organization that cares about the small DLP shareholders, that ED SCA is currently saving the money to buy the Disneyland Park from the Phase 1 financers.

I was too young when DLP opened, so I don't know if there was a hype about the park.

DLP is a success, you just have to look on the cash flow. The problem is the huge debt, because it consumes all potential profit. If they wouldn't have the debts, there would be a profit. I've read somewhere, I think it was the site about the organization that cares about the small DLP shareholders, that ED SCA is currently saving the money to buy the Disneyland Park from the Phase 1 financers.
    Was just joking around.!
    When DLP opend i was 7 so i donīt know either if there was a hype or not.
    Sure the dept of DLP is a big issue, but nothing that culdnīt be fixed, you just have to find the right way even if it means you have to look for a little hole in the french law system.!
    but thats off topic xDD

About Shanghai Disneyland, i think the new concept has something. Am thinking it will be a beautiful Park, and it gave me some great ideas for a 3rd park for DLP haha^^
    Last edited by Baby-T; 07-24-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Was just joking around.!
    When DLP opend i was 7 so i donīt know either if there was a hype or not.
    Sure the dept of DLP is a big issue, but nothing that culdnīt be fixed, you just have to find the right way even if it means you have to look for a little hole in the french law system.!
    but thats off topic xDD
    If I'm not mistaken, DLP uses already a hole in the French Law System. Due to the big debts, they hardly pay any taxes.

• Not here to help

The hype was huge. There were news about it on TV and they even broadcasted the opening show in many parts of Europe.
    ...and then it fell flat. Too many hotels and not as many visitors as one would have hoped.

The hype was huge. There were news about it on TV and they even broadcasted the opening show in many parts of Europe.
    ...and then it fell flat. Too many hotels and not as many visitors as one would have hoped.
    Yeah right i remember the TV Show on Opening Day. Watched it and the next day we were going to Euro Disneyland. After this visit i wtched the TV show again and again, glad my dad did recorded it xD
    Damn the park was so full of peeps at this time, and on our 4th visit Christmas 1994 it
    wasnīt that full like at our first 3 visits.!

Damn do i have a good Brain, still remember this stuff from the time i was 7/ 8 and 9 haha^^

Yeah right i remember the TV Show on Opening Day. Watched it and the next day we were going to Euro Disneyland. After this visit i wtched the TV show again and again, glad my dad did recorded it xD
    Damn the park was so full of peeps at this time, and on our 4th visit Christmas 1994 it

Damn do i have a good Brain, still remember this stuff from the time i was 7/ 8 and 9 haha^^
    A few years ago I've seen the UK Opening Show on the internet. I didn't know that there was also one on a German TV channel. Was it good? Can I find it somewhere online?

• Not here to help

You were lucky. My parentīs didnīt have the money to take me to Euro Disney. I watched all Disneyshows on TV that promoted the parks in USA and later on the one in France. I wanted to go there badly. I still do. But... not that much really.

Still today I find a trip to France too expensive to be worth it. Expensive hotels if one does not want to stay in dirty rats nest ala Pariii, expensive dry baguettes, expensive trains and taxis. Just a Coke is like 2.5 Euros. No thank you!
    Air tickets to Japan are expensive. But places to stay that are clean and good enough are not expensive. Just check all the great ryokans. The food is cheap if one is smart and so is everything else in Tokyo. The parks... the best in the world.
    Iīm glad I had to use my money carefully. If I havenīt lernt that lesson I might be one of those that goes to WDW for two weeks every year and stay in the resort just to complain that going to Japan is too expensive. Sometimes one has to make a sacrifice. All those Trip Reports from Tokyo and Hong Kong were not only made by millionaires.

Good that I got the chance to say that again...

Sleep well all!
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.

• Dreamer

I don't remember the full ad campaign but I distinctly remember the commercials for when Space Mountain opened. We did visit right before that, though. I've got the picture to prove it.

Besides, there was always the Disney Filmparade Sundays on German TV with a movie, cartoons and lots of fun reports from all Disneylands over the world, including DLP. It's still on but without the reports.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    I don't remember the full ad campaign but I distinctly remember the commercials for when Space Mountain opened. We did visit right before that, though. I've got the picture to prove it.

Besides, there was always the Disney Filmparade Sundays on German TV with a movie, cartoons and lots of fun reports from all Disneylands over the world, including DLP. It's still on but without the reports.
    Here is what one could see often in Swede (today NOTHING from DLP):

Nowdays there is nothing in media about DLP.

Here is the original by the way:

Here is the original:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    The Disney Filmparade was nice. I've always enjoyed the the reports about the park.
    You can see some videos here:
    Disney Filmparade Kanal - YouTube (it's in German)

DLP is currently advertised in combination with Pixar's Brave here in Austria.

---------- Post added 08-01-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

The Space Mountain video is one of my favourite advertisements of DLP.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast