Disney Store

Name:  Persp_3_DisneyStore_color.jpg
Views: 4093
Size:  48.3 KB

Resort area outside the park

Name:  BCJ_Disney_Shanghai-15.jpg
Views: 3879
Size:  107.5 KB

These where made by Amanda Li (Shanghai Disney | Art of Amanda Li)
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Re: Shanghai Disney Concept

So these are fan made concept arts? Or is she somehow connected to WDI?

I don't know where I read it, but weren't there rumours that WDI is outsourcing a big part in designing and creating SHDL?

• Not here to help

They are concepts made for the new park by an artist. One of thepicture even has the "Disney" logo.

The picture at the bottom shows prettymuch how the Downtown area will be formed even if they change the theme of it. It also reveals a the gate to the park with the Mickey head in the grass. Notice Club 33 and what could be a indoor Mainstreet type of entry.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    They are concepts made for the new park by an artist. One of thepicture even has the "Disney" logo.

The picture at the bottom shows prettymuch how the Downtown area will be formed even if they change the theme of it. It also reveals a the gate to the park with the Mickey head in the grass. Notice Club 33 and what could be a indoor Mainstreet type of entry.
    That does not really answer the question. I have everything on my computer to utilize several Disney logos and logotypes. Is she actually working on the project or just drawing what she thinks should happen? Using the actual Disney logo means nothing. Her profile says she is a background artist for Nickelodeon Animation Studios.

According to the resume on her site, she worked as a junior architect for BCJ (big firm) and did design drawings for client WDI from 2009-2011. So these are real.

The entry layout is in line with everything we've seen from the massing model to the birds eye painting.

Notice Club 33 and what could be a indoor Mainstreet type of entry.
    It's becoming clear that the Main Street of this park (before you reach the 12 acre landscaped hub) will be Disney/Pixar-themed (e.g. the facades could include Mr. Frederickson's house from Up, Mickey's House, Gusteau's from Ratatouille, etc.).

• Not here to help

-
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That does not really answer the question. I have everything on my computer to utilize several Disney logos and logotypes. Is she actually working on the project or just drawing what she thinks should happen? Using the actual Disney logo means nothing. Her profile says she is a background artist for Nickelodeon Animation Studios.
    ...and she worked for Disney last year when the concepts were made.

Randy already mentioned that... I just noticed

• Bangarang!

Thanks for posting those. Very interesting.

Club 33 is something that has got me intrigued. I wonder if it is the same as the original or they're just utilising the name?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    It's becoming clear that the Main Street of this park (before you reach the 12 acre landscaped hub) will be Disney/Pixar-themed (e.g. the facades could include Mr. Frederickson's house from Up, Mickey's House, Gusteau's from Ratatouille, etc.).
    Randy, how do you deduce this?
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Randy, how do you deduce this?
    There's been a coalescing of official and internet rumor info - as well as circumstantial evidence - all pointing in that direction:

Official: We know that current plans call for a Main Street-like knub at the entry of the park (as can be seen above, in the artwork & elsewhere). Disney Higher Ups like Iger & Craig Russell have stated in public that Shanghai will have a "very different" Main St., as the Chinese have no affinity for turn of the century Americana. They will be "greeted by Disney characters" as they enter the park (said Iger in one interview) and approach the 11-acre greenspace (featuring Dumbo and the carousel).

Rumor Mill: Screamscape & Disney&More have both written articles about the specific rumors of a character-centric Main Street (almost like Toontown, but not quite).

Circumstantial: The primary purpose of the park is push/introduce Disney/Pixar brands to Chinese consumers, and it is likely this will happen the moment the people enter the park (actually, before). Also, puzzle pieces point to Adventureland featuring the PotC franchise, Tomorrowland featuring the Tron and Stitch (and possibly Lightyear) brands, while Fantasyland will feature the Pooh, Tangled, Disney Princess brands.

There are many, many other characters/films Disney would like to squeeze into this park and having a Disney/Pixar entry area seems like a logical place for them to amalgamate.

I made the Pixar assumptions above because they have distinct urban environments that lend themselves to theme park architecture. If you check out the TimDelaneyDesign pdf you can see an interesting study of this concept.
    Last edited by RandySavage; 02-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.

• Minion

^^ We'll see I guess.

While I myself have no real feeling for what the Main St architecture will look like...wouldn't it be interesting if they extended the Fantasyland architecture to the Main St knub? Then it would it would complement the castle and the spinner rides in the hub. The Chinese might not relate to circa 1900 Americana but "fairytale architecture" would work.
    Down with the Hat

• Dreamer

I'm not so sure about this. I'm all for bringing in some new architectural spin into the DL concept but if it's going to be all over the place without some "traditional" design concept, I couldn't call it a Disney park. We'll, see...

• All-American

There seems to be a surprising amount of what looks like digital fabrication and other modernist elements to the resort complex. It kind of reminds me of how Eisner got into his modern starchitect phrase right around the time of Disneyland Paris, which got us the Michael Graves-designed Hotel New York (questionable) and the Gehry-designed Disney Village (). I wonder if this is a direct result of the outsourcing or if Iger/Disney/Imagineering just wants a new take on the Disneyland concept.

While I don't necessarily disagree with their design decision, I just hope they're careful... people associate a certain style with the Disney name, and it would have to be a strong design to break away from that. I'd be more comfortable with classic Disney thematic design, if it were me.

Interesting design but ugly choice of building facades and archiecture for Downtown Disney, Hope they did not go with that

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

Anyone else think these look a little blasť and bland? As excited for Shanghai Disneyland past concept arts have made me, I can't say these have the same effect.

Photo Via jdhilger

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast