Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean to be Amazing

I heard a rumor saying that the new Pirates will have minimal to no animatronics...if that's the case I'm a bit skeptical about it. But...this ride system will be very much interesting to see.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• jhalderman

anyone have concept art or video's about this?

• Not here to help

The drop was excluded a long time ago. The pictures of the skull mountain splash end that we all have seen will not be realised.
    My guess that a water ride with a drop will be the river adventure ride that should be themed to either China or dinos.

I just want to know how to get tickets to be there on day 1. Any tips?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORWEN: If you want tips you have to become a waiter!

ORDDU: And if you want to make sure you're able to be at Shanghai Disneyland on opening Day you have to visit us in Morva, first, so we can cast just the right spell for you to make it happen.

ORGOCH: Got broomsticks?

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I heard a rumor saying that the new Pirates will have minimal to no animatronics...if that's the case I'm a bit skeptical about it. But...this ride system will be very much interesting to see.
    t's really hard to imagine a POTC ride without Animatronics. WDI should at least stick a little bit to the POTC ride history and add animatronics.

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

NO Animatronics? Maybe screens..
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Aw, heck! Why don't they just save 'emselves all that money and make a 3-D movie outta the whole thing instead? They could call it Pirates Philharmagic!!

Quote Originally Posted by switttdrfan View Post
    Maybe screens..
    Doesn't the new Transformers ride at Universal Studios Singapore and Spiderman in Orlando work that way? However it seems strange to travel through the Caribbean without AAs and great sets.

• All-American

Hmm... I was previously curious how an EMV experience would work on a boat system, which tends to move slowly and kind of consistently. Is it possible that it could be a kind of Spiderman ride, on water? 3D screens around you depicting action, and the slow-moving EMV boats simulating movement?

Blame Garner Holt. I hear their new licensing fees are astronomical!

Last edited by mcstewart37; 03-28-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Didn't WDI already buy AAs from Garner Holt in recent years for all kinds of attractions? I thought that was because building the AAs on their own was too expensive. I guess the times of AAs are gone.

• I'm a Lutheran

Disney has been using Garner Holt's animatronics for quite some time. All of DisneySea's amazing animatronics were built by Garner Holt as were the Haunted Mansion Holiday animatronics. This means that C-3PO in Star Tours 2 at both Disneyland and Disney World must also be Garner Holt along with Hong Kong's Small World. And Mr. Potato Head of Midway Mania and Astro Blasters fame. And Tokyo's Monsters, Inc. characters. This would also mean that Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain would also utilize Garner Holt animatronics.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    Blame Garner Holt. I hear their new licensing fees are astronomical!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Didn't WDI already buy AAs from Garner Holt in recent years for all kinds of attractions? I thought that was because building the AAs on their own was too expensive. I guess the times of AAs are gone.
    Disney has been using Garner Holt's animatronics for quite some time. All of DisneySea's amazing animatronics were built by Garner Holt as were the Haunted Mansion Holiday animatronics. This means that C-3PO in Star Tours 2 at both Disneyland and Disney World must also be Garner Holt along with Hong Kong's Small World. And Mr. Potato Head of Midway Mania and Astro Blasters fame. And Tokyo's Monsters, Inc. characters. This would also mean that Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain would also utilize Garner Holt animatronics.
    I was joking!!

And yes, if SDL PoC does have AAs, they will be built by Garner Holt.

I think it would be pretty shocking if it didn't have any AAs. Having AAs is kind of the point of PoC. I realize that screens and a motion base can produce great special effects, but I think the ride would be amazing filled with brand new AAs that are as high quality as what has come out of Garner Holt recently.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I picture this working like Seaworlds atlantis OLANDO version. Where part of it is free moving flume then transitions to water coaster with a motion base.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

To be honest, I am really scared to go to China. My fear is based on riding their trains -- which have no safety standards. They have these high speed trains that they just built that they built for a fraction of the cost of the Japanese high speed trains they were emulating...and the thought of getting on one terrifies me as I picture it derailing and being killed on vacation. I know that's a real downer thought, but I'm convinced that if I go to China I will be killed in a transportation accident of some kind that's due to nonexistant safety standards there.

HOWEVER, what I have seen of Disneyland Shanghai has been AMAZING, especially the castle, and when it opens I will be very, very tempted to put aside my fears and bite the bullet and go just to see it.

I hope they really go all out and do something AMAZING and hope one day we'll get a new Disney Park in the states somewhere (maybe Hawaii? Or maybe in Texas?).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast