Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

SHDL Hotels Theme Revealed

So a friend in Shanghai told me the themes of the 2 onsite hotels in Shanghai have been confirmed.

The one closest to the entrance will be called Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, 5-star grand Victorian styled hotel similar to one in HK and Florida. The other one farther away will be the first Disney hotel themed to Toy Story, 4-star similar to Hollywood Hotel in HK.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do, will provide updates as I get.

Re: SHDL Hotels Theme Revealed

I expected another Disneyland Hotel in a Victorian theme, but a Toy Story hotel?

Maybe it's going to be a hotel like the All Star Hotels at WDW, only on a higher quality?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I expected another Disneyland Hotel in a Victorian theme, but a Toy Story hotel?

Maybe it's going to be a hotel like the All Star Hotels at WDW, only on a higher quality?
    I hope alot higher quality and less tacky.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I hope alot higher quality and less tacky.
    The best would be a hotel not based on any movie or character.

Not exactly exciting another Victorian hotel and a toy story all stars based on the 'new' annimaion pop century replacement resort I guess. Pity I would have loved to see some of the original WDW hotels finally built like the Asian, Venetian or Persian hotels or a 21st century Contemporary that could have been interesting.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    The best would be a hotel not based on any movie or character.
    Amen

• Minion

They should add a contemporary hotel, I never really liked the Victorian themed Disney hotels and IDK why something about them, don't get me wrong they look great but IMO I'm just not feeling the same Victorian hotel that's at every other Disney theme park.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    They should add a contemporary hotel, I never really liked the Victorian themed Disney hotels and IDK why something about them, don't get me wrong they look great but IMO I'm just not feeling the same Victorian hotel that's at every other Disney theme park.
    In Asia all big cities are full with building that are contemporary at a level much higher than a Disney hotel would ever be. It is more exotic and luxuary to live in a victorian styled building for people in asia than a rather normal looking hotel.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    In Asia all big cities are full with building that are contemporary at a level much higher than a Disney hotel would ever be. It is more exotic and luxuary to live in a victorian styled building for people in asia than a rather normal looking hotel.
    Ohh thank you I didn't know I think they should at least try something a bit different from all the other parks you know what i mean?

It's a music Celebration
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Resident of the Caldera

The most beautiful Victorian themed Disney hotel is the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Nicer than the others and the upkeep is superb--as you expect from the Japanese. The upkeep at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is not nearly as good, and I expect we'll see the same in Shanghai.

But the Hollywood Hotel in Hong Kong borders on the shabby. Looks nice in photos, but when you're actually there it's more like a 2 star hotel rather than a 4 star. I think they'll spend a lot more money in Shanghai for the second hotel.

And in case no one has figured this out yet (but the Walt Disney Company has), customers with more money go for the classier hotels (non character), while customers with less money go for the tackier hotels (character based).
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    Ohh thank you I didn't know I think they should at least try something a bit different from all the other parks you know what i mean?
    I agree on that. There are many themes around the world to use. I like when they make something that does not look like the other.

---------- Post added 05-16-2012 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The most beautiful Victorian themed Disney hotel is the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Nicer than the others and the upkeep is superb--as you expect from the Japanese. The upkeep at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is not nearly as good, and I expect we'll see the same in Shanghai.

But the Hollywood Hotel in Hong Kong borders on the shabby. Looks nice in photos, but when you're actually there it's more like a 2 star hotel rather than a 4 star. I think they'll spend a lot more money in Shanghai for the second hotel.

And in case no one has figured this out yet (but the Walt Disney Company has), customers with more money go for the classier hotels (non character), while customers with less money go for the tackier hotels (character based).
    I wont settle for anything but 5 stars when in Shanghai.

Id never stay in character based hotel. Pop art or Resort of animation or whatever they call those hotels in WDW are not an option for a person with taste. Its simply lack of judgement to live in the resort when there are better and nicer looking places to stay in for the same amount of money.
    It might be fun for the smallest of children but nobody else. They trick parents to pay more simply because parents hope to make it as fun as possible for their children.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Pop art or Resort of animation or whatever they call those hotels in WDW are not an option for a person with taste. Its simply lack of judgement to live in the resort when there are better and nicer looking places to stay in for the same amount of money

While you are of course entitled to your opinion about what is tacky, delux hotels do cost quite a bit more than value hotels at WDW and some people with taste can't afford the more delux ones.

• All-American

Wow... I never thought I would be disappointed in their choice of hotel themes, of all things, but... wow. The exact same hotel built at nearly every Disney resort in the world... and a hotel themed to a single movie? I thought Shanghai DL was going to be all about originality and pushing new creative boundaries, but this is incredibly underwhelming.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by WorldLover71 View Post

While you are of course entitled to your opinion about what is tacky, delux hotels do cost quite a bit more than value hotels at WDW and some people with taste can't afford the more delux ones.
    As if any hotel in the resort is cheap...
    People pay extra to stay in the resort when they could have used the money for better places outside. ...or to travel the world, like I do.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Sounds cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast