Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Loves Disney

Re: Shanghai Disneyland Plans

Today while waiting in line for Radiator Spring Racers I started to talk to a nice man who then told me he was working on the Shanghai Disneyland. I totally forgot his name but he did mention that there maybe a Tron ride and the project is scheduled to open in 2015

I just learned from a secret source that because the Chinese love parks, Shanghai Disneyland will be inside a huge park with trees, lawns, etc. Think of Central Park with a Disneyland in the center of it.
    An extremely weird concept, but apparently it's something that Disney feels the Chinese will like. It's also the reason why Shanghai Disneyland's Central Hub will be 11 acres. Again, a huge park in front of the castle.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It will help absorb big crowds, too, who will watch fireworks and any other spectaculars they develop.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes View Post
    I just learned from a secret source that because the Chinese love parks, Shanghai Disneyland will be inside a huge park with trees, lawns, etc. Think of Central Park with a Disneyland in the center of it.
    An extremely weird concept, but apparently it's something that Disney feels the Chinese will like. It's also the reason why Shanghai Disneyland's Central Hub will be 11 acres. Again, a huge park in front of the castle.
    It also keeps skyscrapers from being seen inside the resort area. At one point in time I am sure there will be some problems when it comes t tall buildings. I know Disney makes special deal when it comes to these things, but still... one day.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Dreamer

I like the idea of a theme park embedded into a huge city park. There can never be enough green, especially when the rest can look drab or a concrete jungle.

• Under that tree again!

First Look: Shanghai Disneyland Model Unveiled « Disney Parks Blog

Earlier today at The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled the first image of a model of Shanghai Disneyland Park that we just knew you’d want to see.

The image shows a portion of the Shanghai Disneyland model and its beautiful 11-acre green space at the center of the park. You also get a closer look at the unique design and scale of Enchanted Storybook Castle, the iconic central attraction of the theme park.
    During today’s meeting, Bob said the one-of-a-kind destination will be authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese. “We believe this will be one of the most spectacular Disney experiences yet – and an important part of our future,” he said. “We look forward to opening the gates at the end of 2015 and welcoming the first of the millions of guests who will enjoy Shanghai Disneyland for generations to come.”
    On opening day, Shanghai Disney Resort will include Shanghai Disneyland, two themed hotels, a dining and entertainment venue, recreational facilities, a lake and associated parking and transportation hubs.
    Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said, “We are incredibly excited about the developments and progress of the Disney resort in Shanghai, one of the world’s most vibrant cities. Shanghai Disney Resort will bring a classic Disney Parks experience to mainland China and will immerse Chinese guests in a whole new world of creativity, imagination and adventure that only Disney can deliver.”
    Be sure and check back here on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Shanghai Disneyland.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12