• Armchair Imagineer

Chinese Hackers Backed by Government - Bad Omen for Shanghai Disneyland?

It appears that the Chinese government is behind the computer hacking of American corporations and institutions. To add insult to injury, the headquarters for these hackers is in Shanghai.

Tensions between China and the United States are bound to escalate as a result of this new evidence. Will it be deleterious to Disney's efforts to bring the magic to Shanghai?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Chinese Hackers Backed by Government - Bad Omen for Shanghai Disneyland?

If war breaks out, even civil way which is a threat in china, I think that building will fall.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Is there a link?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

This could become a very serious incident.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

U.S. Demands That China End Hacking and Set Cyber Rules

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/wo....html?hpw&_r=0

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    U.S. Demands That China End Hacking and Set Cyber Rules

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/wo....html?hpw&_r=0
    The White House demanded Monday that the Chinese government stop the widespread theft of data from American computer networks and agree to “acceptable norms of behavior in cyberspace.”

Fat chance! Anyone that has been in China knows that our norms are NOT their.

...and why on earth should a giant country like China listen to what tiny USA has to say about usage of the internet? I hate the way China is in many situations... but I do understand that they do as they wish and it is just a natural thing, as they are the majority of this planets population.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

China's government is not democratically elected, so saying its representative of its people is just patently false.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    ...and why on earth should a giant country like China listen to what tiny USA has to say about usage of the internet? I hate the way China is in many situations... but I do understand that they do as they wish and it is just a natural thing, as they are the majority of this planets population.

China is not a truly giant country. It's a regular sized country since it has little unity, and most of it's country lives in poverty.

It has a big army for one reason only, not to fend off or attack another contry, because of civil unrest. It's a good possiblity the largest death toll of war will be a revolutionary war in china as the unhappy masses overthrow the tyranical government.

One of china's biggest problems is that the people are getting more education and communication systems are growing. The people better understand the cruelty of their government toward them and can organize to fight back easier.

China's cyber war is huge, not against only the US or global corporations but it's very own people. The intnet in china does not look like the rest of the world. It's very limited in openess and sharing of information. A friend of mine who I like to talk politics with asked not to mention them online. She is worried she would get the Big Brother knock on her door if such content is in her email, FB, ect.... To see her FB, she has to log in, "over the great wall" as they call it in china. Log in through proxy servers to make it difficult to see who is looking at FB.

Is the culture different in china? Yes, much so and one big reason is it's unwillingness to allow in other cultures.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Securing China's nukes would be a major priority for the US should there be unrest in China.