Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Look forward to the emergence of Disneyland in Shanghai

Shanghai is a bustling city, Disneyland will add more active element to the city, I hope,one from her so close to Disneyland, it will is the world's sixth seat, third seat, secondseat Asia China Disney park. Shanghai Disney park will become a central part of theShanghai international tourism paradise. See poster me even more excited, looking forward to completion.
    Name:  disini.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  34.0 KB
    Last edited by Visionya; 09-26-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: I have wrong type

Re: Look forward to the emergence of Disneyland in Shanghai

Me exited too :-)

• Artistic integrity

Disney wants this park opened by late 2015, right?

We're 3 months off from the end of this year.

That leaves 2 years to construct the whole thing.

Why hasn't there been a single piece of concrete information to show what they intend to build and have opened, for opening day?

So far .... it's all vague. We've seen the artwork for the hub, and the castle. One shot of the boat ride that will ride under the castle.

Not a single art piece of any of the lands up-close, and what they'll contain.

What's going on? With 2 years to go - there should be more info out for preview.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Disney wants this park opened by late 2015, right?

We're 3 months off from the end of this year.

That leaves 2 years to construct the whole thing.

Why hasn't there been a single piece of concrete information to show what they intend to build and have opened, for opening day?

So far .... it's all vague. We've seen the artwork for the hub, and the castle. One shot of the boat ride that will ride under the castle.

Not a single art piece of any of the lands up-close, and what they'll contain.

What's going on? With 2 years to go - there should be more info out for preview.

It's been said (and has come to pass) that TWDC has decided to be very tight-lipped about this project, I think, mainly, not to set expectations too high (when things later get dropped due to budget) or allow it to be subject to intense scrutiny. HKDL had a big, detailed press release in 1999 detailing what to expect in the park - much of which was absent opening day in 2005. There's a political/sensitivity issue between the two Chinese parks and TWDC must tread softly.

Shanghai is going to need to haul---- to get it open by late 2015. Infrastructure seems to be done and below-grade foundations have begun in some areas (castle)). I don't think it would be possible to complete by 2015 in Europe or USA, but China can build fast, so maybe it'll happen.

While nothing official outside of the castle/hub/boat ride has been released, the leaked blurry site plan, (corroborated by the massing model, large-scale model portions, public-review site plans, etc.) gives a pretty good idea of what one can expect to see at the park.

Things you can expect:
    -Opening Mickey Avenue (Disneyfied Main St.).
    -The Hub (Gardens of Imagination) featuring the Carousel and Dumbo
    -A 'Treasure Cove' pirate-land anchored by a new version of PotC.
    -Adjacent Adventureland anchored by a mountainous rapids ride.
    -Fantasyland in the style of MK's Fantasy Forest, featuring that park's Dwarf Mine Coaster and Pooh rides (Pooh Hunny Pots replacing Teacups). Peter Pan's Flight is also on the site plan.
    -Tomorrowland anchored by a Vekoma bike launch coaster (originally to be themed to Tron Lightcycles).

Of course things are in flux until foundations are poured (and sometimes even after). There are some indications that both Toy Story Land and Soarin' were cut from opening (didn't appear on the massing model):

This photo, recently taken by Thethemeparkguy.com, is a billboard map at the site for construction workers. It shows the two hotel sites (purple), the three future hotel sites (orange), the Downtown Disney site (pink) and Park's five major areas (MickeyAve&Gardens/Adventureland/Treasure Cove/Fantasyland/Tomorrowland)
    Last edited by RandySavage; 10-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Tomorrowland_1967, from what i've been told there is two reasons why Disney don't show anything about Shanghaî Disneyland: the first one is that they want to avoid others chinese theme parks to steal WDI ideas and copy them even in a "cheap" version before SDL open. And the other one is that they're afraid if the fans do bad comments that the chinese ask Disney to change their plans, which is something they can't allow at two years of SDL opening.

It may sounds odd but when the coming of Star Tours 2 at HKDL Tomorrowland was non officially leaked some HKDL fans did some lobbying and sent letters to the HK Government related departments as well as members of HK legislative council asking them to reject the plan of Star Tours against Disney. The result was that Star Tours was indeed reject and instead HKDL will have the Iron Man Experience - also a simulator ride. So you better understand now why Disney is cautious about SDL.

Don't forget it seams like Disney is finally making Club 33 a "thing." It was included in the latest set of blueprints. It also seems as if Mickey Avenue will be enclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Don't forget it seams like Disney is finally making Club 33 a "thing." It was included in the latest set of blueprints. It also seems as if Mickey Avenue will be enclosed.

The plan just posted on Alain's site (with the enclosed Mickey Avenue) is from an earlier mid-iteration of the park (I believe), seen here:

That looked like it would have been very cool, but below are the more recent, publicly-reviewed plans for the Retail District (aligning with the above main site plan - which has no atrium).
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4eZ4-uAeZZ...ng+English.jpg

Club 33 could very likely still be part of the Downtown Disney Zone.

• Bangarang!

Vertical construction began today.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Being that this is the newest Disney park to be built and that it's setup/design stray from that of the other Magic Kingdom style parks, I'm very excited to see how SDL turns out!
    From the various lands to the largest castle of any Disney parks, it should be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Shanghai is going to need to haul---- to get it open by late 2015. Infrastructure seems to be done and below-grade foundations have begun in some areas (castle)). I don't think it would be possible to complete by 2015 in Europe or USA, but China can build fast, so maybe it'll happen.
    Agreed, but at least they keep actively mentioning late 2015 in their press releases, so apparently it is still "on schedule". We'll know one way or the other in about 6 months, most of the steel structures need to be up by then.

• Under that tree again!

In the video you can see power lines and trees in the near distance. It must be from an edge of the resort, maybe even an hotel?

Also you cans pot several tower cranes and several mobile cranes. In sense this shows 14 different buildings being built at once, from what we could see.

With 7 tower cranes you could almost build the whole of the MK in Florida at the same time. There aren't that many large vertical structures.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

This was HKDL 20 months before opening

Assuming a similar pace and a conservative December 2015 opening, Shanghai would need to be at a similar point by this coming April (2014).

• Artistic integrity

And how likely is that going to happen?

Hence - Robert Iger moving his retirement from 2015 to 2016!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    This was HKDL 20 months before opening

Assuming a similar pace and a conservative December 2015 opening, Shanghai would need to be at a similar point by this coming April (2014).
    I feel very comfortable saying it will looks like that on February 1st.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Dagobert discovered this pic of the Tron Coaster pylons on a familiar face's instagram page:

Instagram

Nice to see rides going vertical. Now, when will the showcase press conference when they reveal the juicy details of the park happen?? Hopefully well prior to 2015's preview center opening...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast