• I am not a Krusty Krab

Carthay Circle Theater at Shanghai Disneyland

From the looks of this picture on the bottom left is Carthay Circle Theater. either that or im having a blonde moment lol but if so i think it'll be interesting to see if its an actual attraction or not. either way it looks awesome

Correction: the pic wouldnt upload for some reason so here's a link: its the third picture

Disney Gathers Local Friends for First Shanghai Disneyland Attraction | Variety

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Under that tree again!

Re: Carthay Circle Theater at Shanghai Disneyland

It's exotic over there like castles are here.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Apparently so lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Cool Yule

Well spotted. I guess its entirely possible they could clone the theatre, or it could be a clone of the façade at DHS (which seems less likely).

And is it me or are Mickey and Minnie in that first artwork a wee bit creepy?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Future Disney Imagineer

So is their Main Street(s) area at the entrance themed to 1920s-30s Los Angeles? I was expecting something a bit more whimsical or even international, like the early debunked International Street concept at Disneyland. It's a darn shame since all the Universal Studios theme parks in Asia have the same entrance.

• Cool Yule

^Far as I understand it, its still rumoured to be a Toonified Main Street (possibly called Mickey Ave, but I maybe wrong).

The Carthay could be part of the Disney Village/DTD area which also supposedly runs alongside Mickey Ave.

Yeah that all sounds vague, but I believe that's the current speculation.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I've also thought a different themed Main St would have been a great way to make each park unique.

I always thought it was it was a pity Euro Disney missed out on its original 1920s theme (although the end result was fantastic) and the planned international street in Tokyo never made the final cut.

A Hollywood themed street similar to DHS would make a good fit for a place where Disney is seen as a big Hollywood movie company

The more that comes out of Shanghai Disneyland, the more underwhelming it seems. The first "attraction" is . . . decorations? I'm sure people will be there in droves.

• Cool Yule

^Shanghai Disneyland is certainly not a conventional Disneyland, at least not the way we know it. Without knowing the full details its hard to really gauge what it'll be like. And to be honest I think even when they do finally announce the full attraction roster with park map, it'll probably still seem unusual, but it sounds like its been designed with specific purposes in mind that cater to the local culture.

I've still go hope that it'll be well done, even if it seems a little unconventional.

Walt Disney

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post

And is it me or are Mickey and Minnie in that first artwork a wee bit creepy?
    It's not just you haha. The people also have no eyes! It's a painting though, probably why