• Minion

SDL Satellite Imagery!

This is really cool, but will take a little bit of detective work to reap the reward (you need to be able to find the Shanghai DL location from above).

Terraserver updated their Shanghai sat photos in mid-November 2013, giving a look at the state of the resort in pretty nice resolution.

Some thoughts on the imagery.
    -It follows the leaked plan closely.
    -Footings/foundations/dirt-outlines are in place (as of November) for most of the major attractions: PotC, Rapids, Tron, Castle, Seven Dwarfs Coaster, Buzz, Peter Pan, Soarin', Wat Disney theater, Crystal Grotto loading (opposite Pan).
    -Two of the spinners (Jetpacks and Hunnypots) are marked out.
    -The two sizable mystery attractions that look too big (and started too early) to be dining/retail (one may be a general Fantasyland Theater, the other in Adventure Isle (on the far east of the site), no idea) have footings going in.
    -No foundational work for the entrance plaza, Mickey Ave, the Gardens or Toy Story Land (maybe Phase II),as of November.
    -No sign of a wooded, park-surrounding berm.
    -There is a tall communications tower(?) at the direct center of the park.
    -Tons of tower cranes, at least one for each major attraction.
    -Hotels well underway.
    -The coolest part is that you can see the ground-floor layout of the new PotC, including what will likely be the whirlpool finale room.

I know China builds fast, but SDL is going to test just how fast (2 years away from the time of this photo), particularly with respect to the many specialized artistic elements that come on top of the general construction work in this case. The scale of this project dwarfs things like Carsland or New Fantasyland, and we know how much detail-work goes into those.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Re: SDL Satellite Imagery!

do have the image of the current map.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Bangarang!

Is there an imagine in the OP.. I can't see it?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

I check earlier this week on goolgle and Bing. Bing Maps if I zoomed in just right showed me some development, but it split the view in half. So half old and half new. The other problem was it isn't very new, maybe even a year ago.

It showed dirt being moved, the contraction trailers(buildings where engineers and foremen discuss plans). Roads and shoreline work on the park side of the lake. Some attraction dirt moved around.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I check earlier this week on goolgle and Bing. Bing Maps if I zoomed in just right showed me some development, but it split the view in half. So half old and half new. The other problem was it isn't very new, maybe even a year ago.

It showed dirt being moved, the contraction trailers(buildings where engineers and foremen discuss plans). Roads and shoreline work on the park side of the lake. Some attraction dirt moved around.
    Aww, wish it was more updated!