China already has big chain of ''Happy Valley theme parks' all around .

With the already popular chain of '' Happy valley parks '' all around mainland China like Beijing Happy Valley and Shanghai Happy Valley , the Shanghai Disney Resort will surely be the first Disney branded Park , but Chinese already have some real good theme parks present , will there be any loss of business and revenues for the already established Happy Valley chain of parks because of SDR or will the crowd be dispersed to both these parks equally . I have been to Happy Valley Beijing and the crowds and wait times there were already Insane with 2- 3 hours of wait times for the popular rides , the parades were good and night time stage entertainment and performances were ok too . But with that being said I am really looking forward to opening of Shanghai Disney Resort and can't wait to be there on its opening day .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: China already has big chain of ''Happy Valley theme parks' all around .

Welcome! I assume you have never been to a DisneyPark before? While Crystal Wings at Happy Valley Beijing is quite grand for a local amusement park, I think you'll find Shanghai Disney meets a level of quality and scrutiny that you won't see at Happy Valley.

While busy, the waits are artificially elevated by the terrible operations of the park. Running only one train on most major attractions seemed to be their norm when I visited last summer. While certainly Shanghai Disney should be more crowded, I hope the capacity spreads the crowds out a bit more.

Happy Valley could still learn a thing or two from Disney, and I hope the competition down the road changes a few of their practices.

ya i'v never been to any Disneyland before , that's why i am excited for the opening of Shanghai Disney Resort .

Quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Khan View Post
    ya i'v never been to any Disneyland before , that's why i am excited for the opening of Shanghai Disney Resort .
    Happy Valley does not have the same level of theming as a Disney park. The only ones who might be disappointed are people who are seeking a Six Flags type park with many thrill rides.

USA has Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks. China is no different.

Yes some of the Chinese parks have large scale theming, but the parks themselves are poorly designed. Hence why a lot of them feel "off" when compared to Universal or Disney Parks.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Khan View Post
    With the already popular chain of '' Happy valley parks '' all around mainland China like Beijing Happy Valley and Shanghai Happy Valley , the Shanghai Disney Resort will surely be the first Disney branded Park , but Chinese already have some real good theme parks present , will there be any loss of business and revenues for the already established Happy Valley chain of parks because of SDR or will the crowd be dispersed to both these parks equally . I have been to Happy Valley Beijing and the crowds and wait times there were already Insane with 2- 3 hours of wait times for the popular rides , the parades were good and night time stage entertainment and performances were ok too . But with that being said I am really looking forward to opening of Shanghai Disney Resort and can't wait to be there on its opening day .
    To several of the points:
    • The themeing seems strong from far away but lacks the details and logic found in Disney's theming.
    • Many of Happy Valley's issues are operationally self-inflicted as stated by the replies above.

In Shanghai, the Happy Valley (which was never as strong of a performer like some of their other parks despite the epic size and ride mix) will likely be hurt by Shanghai Disneyland. Its likely that Beijing's park will see little effect.

However, Shanghai Disneyland will be good for the Chinese market as a whole. This is a market where they want the "best" (ie a copy of Universal's latest such as "Harry Potter" or "Spider-Man" or Soarin, etc) but so many have only seen that over the internet so they don't truly understand "the best" or what it takes/how to actually achieve it. Now, with Disney in their market they consumers will be introduced to what "the best" truly means and park operators outside of Disney will have to step up their game which is ultimately a win-win for everyone. Disney is going to help China's market take a big-leap forward.