• Ninja

3 16.67%
  • Revolution

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Dreams do come true

Re: Questions About Six Flags

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    That's a good idea. Tasting life sounds good......but I think I rather live long enough to enjoy it was well
    I took my son when he was 7 years old and just tall enough. He loved it and he is still afraid of Haunted Mansion. Plus I have been on tons of coasters and it is still my overall favorite.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeld View Post
    I took my son when he was 7 years old and just tall enough. He loved it and he is still afraid of Haunted Mansion. Plus I have been on tons of coasters and it is still my overall favorite.
    Your son is braver than I am! I remember going on the little dragon roller coaster at the fair when I was 6 or 7...I almost had a heart attack.

I think I'm going to at least try some exciting rides, I'll try not to bad mouth them too much before I even try them.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

I think Tatsu is probably the best ride ever created on earth. From the location to the type of ride,it will hardly be beat by any other amazing rides, even at disneyland. That said, it might be scary for you. Check if you can deal with Scream which is kinda tame(and goes upside down)

Magic Mountain is a beautiful park, i go sometimes(as i have a season pass) to just go and enjoy myself without even going on any rides. So i am sure you will have a lovely time, even if you dont go on the "big rides"

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Hi all, it's been a while since I've checked back to this thread and I thought up another question about the rides....

Ok, so I am a fairly large person and I was curious about the seats - I've heard of people not being able to get into the seats...are they really that small?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Circle of Ancients

I think if I can fit in the seats (and I can) you should be fine.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think if I can fit in the seats (and I can) you should be fine.
    Oh ok, good. Thanks, you are very helpful!

• ...TWO BITS!

i haven't been to 6 flags in years either. i'm starting to be okay with roller coasters. but i'd like to try the batman roller coaster. maybe that's an option?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

filmfreak, I would try Scream before Batman. Batman is pretty intense.

They are different types of coasters, Batman is suspended (track above), Scream is floorless (track below) but both have similar inversions, etc. But Scream isn't quite as intense.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    i haven't been to 6 flags in years either. i'm starting to be okay with roller coasters. but i'd like to try the batman roller coaster. maybe that's an option?
    I watched the Batman ride on youtube just now, all I can say is WOW...that is crazy.....SCARY!

I think the craziest I'll try to Scream to start with....batman just seems a little too intense.

Ahh man, hope you did not try to make it out there today as Magic Mountain closed around noon today due to the fires

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinla View Post
    Ahh man, hope you did not try to make it out there today as Magic Mountain closed around noon today due to the fires
    Yes, I did. =( We were kicked out around noon but it was fun while it lasted, I'll post a brief trip report with the few pictures I took. Ugh, but we did get comp tickets to use for the next time!

• Vasooki-land Owner

I'm going soon, and I wanted to know how do these rack up to montezumas revengs and silver bullet over at Knotts?
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• we jumped out a window

I too had not been to SFMM in years but took the opportunity last Sat. to get in free with a toy donation.

I think my life flashed before my eyes during that first dive on Tatsu but that had to have been the most exhilarating ride I've ever been on! I didn't get to ride X2 which begs my question of whether or not Six Flags has a single rider system? I saw more than my share of empty seats on the coasters which leads me to believe that either there isn't or no one is going single rider.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I watched the Batman ride on youtube just now, all I can say is WOW...that is crazy.....SCARY!

I think the craziest I'll try to Scream to start with....batman just seems a little too intense.
    they're close to the same thrills wise I think, Batman is probably a bit faster and takes turns tighter though

I liked both back when I went a summer ago but Batman did odd things to my circulation (went on it twice and realized that it was making me see spots which non of the other coasters did the rest of the day o_O)

Scream usually has a low line so if your going to try to get used to loops it's a good practice

I'd actually recommend Tatsu if you can get past the lift hill the whole thing is just great if you imagine yourself just flying through the trees (I'm scared of heights and hate the staring strait down but I brave it for teh feeling)

X2 is probably still pretty intense at least in my book the coaster is relatively rough to teh body.

Otherwise stick to your Ninja, I found Gold Rusher to be lame but Ninja is awesome fun with little intensity or scare factor at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12