Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• C4C6C

Re: Overdue Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Ok, I can understand about the trash, it is disgusting and the employees should make an effort clean even the simplest trash item (ie cups, straws, paper items.) But seriously, you hate leaves too? It disturbs you to walk on leaves? I don't consider leaves from trees trash and employees shouldn't be obligated to pick up every single leaf that falls to the ground. I mean, if it were big piles of leaves to where you had to walk around it, then maybe they should shovel it up, but if it's scattered leaves you're talking about, then big deal. Why didn't you pick up the leaves of they bothered you so much?

Magic Mountain is NOTDisney! For goodness sake, MC, for once can you stop judging every park by Disney standards?

Seriously, leaves?
    The leaves don't bother me. And, I never said I hated them. You are putting too much into these posts. Plus, the park president challenged the employees to pick up leaves.
    And again, I am not comparing MM to DL. It NEVER will be. I don't know if you have visited this park lately. If you have, then maybe you see something different. If you haven't, then you don't know what we are talking about.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Magic Mountain is so sad nowadays. I remember back in the day when that place was THE park to go to. It was never dirty or gross looking. I remember in a lot of the lines there were TV's playing Looney Toons cartoons, I hadn't seen those TV's work in years, are they still there? Also I remember there were always Magic Mountain commercials on TV and now I see absolutely NONE whatsoever.
    I have this kids sing along video from Six Flags from the early 90's and that place looked like a brand new penny and all the kids were happy and riding rides that no longer exist there. That place is going downhill so fast I can just picture it closing and being this creepy abandoned park.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Hello Dolly.

Actually I know the Six Flags in CA installed plenty of Tvs with Six Flag commercials on them this year, my dad did a couple of them in SFDK. They are huge flat widescreened tvs and nice to watch in line. Actually the park is getting better, slowly though. I noticed change in August and I had a blast but I might go next weekend so Ill see how it is off season. Didnt its attendance rise?

• C4C6C

Not to keep complaining, but SF can't even get the commercials right on those TVs.

WHile waiting in line, they were advertising "The Titan" at Six Flags in Texas. When showing the ride, they showed Goliath instead. You could see Goliath and Colossus.

• Functional & Decorative

^Well, Titan and Goliath are virtually identical, so I don't really see a problem there.

I've been to Magic Mountain three times this year, and haven't seen any of the overflowing trash cans you mention. I've also had incredibly helpful and kind employee interactions that have, surprisingly, rivaled Disney's famed customer service, particularly in their museum.

Is there still a lot that can be improved? Of course. Are there disenfranchised employees? Sure. But it's a heck of a lot better than it was a few years a go.

I think it's also important to note that not only is SFMM not trying to be Disney, it's basically not even trying to attract the same audience. They are largely not in the theming game, but thrills. And if a thrill park doesn't add a major ride every year or two, they lose their audience. Hence why money is going to a ride rather that other issues.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Nobody is expecting MM to be like Disney, but is it too much to ask for a decent, clean park? For them to pay attention to some details? After all, they are creating a themed place for people to become immersed in, are they not?

Facebook me!

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    ^Well, Titan and Goliath are virtually identical, so I don't really see a problem there.
    The problem is that it is false advertising. One might not recognize they are showing MM and when they get to the other park, they will be looking for stuff they saw in the commercial.

The point is they are hyping this ride called "The Titan" and they show a ride that says Goliath.

And again, no one in this thread is comparing MM to DL. Why does that keep getting brought up?

• Hello Dolly.

I seen that video and its not even false advertising. They dont show elements of the ride that goliath doesnt have. Its just show the train go down the drop and little twist not a big deal enough for most people who go to MM to notice the difference. Us Micechatters only can tell because alot of us like Disney and themeparks =)

Sometimes I feel some ppl go to MM just to find out whats wrong with it. I notice somethings but I not going to let it ruin my trip they got fun rides and im going to have fun( but the overflooded garbage and rude employes can ruin it a lil). But leaves come on its leaves.

And I remember when it was the 50th anniversary the commercial for Space Mountain was showing a lot of scenes from Mission Space. But it wasnt a big deal because they both are about space and they can blend in with eathother in a commercial. Alot of themeparks do it.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 11-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    The leaves don't bother me. And, I never said I hated them. You are putting too much into these posts. Plus, the park president challenged the employees to pick up leaves.
    And again, I am not comparing MM to DL. It NEVER will be. I don't know if you have visited this park lately. If you have, then maybe you see something different. If you haven't, then you don't know what we are talking about.
    Ok, first, was it really necessary to give two responses?

Second, I have been to Magic Mountain recently. My brother and I go all the time since we have season passes. We both think that you guys overreact and exaggerate. On certain rides like Viper, Revolution, Scream!, and Ninja, they had only one train running. It may have been annoying, but we were having a good time, so it did not bother us. If you were so appalled by the condition, why didn't you tell a custodial employee or do what you guys always do at Disneyland and complain at Guest Relations?

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510
    Sometimes I feel some ppl go to MM just to find out whats wrong with it. I notice somethings but I not going to let it ruin my trip they got fun rides and im going to have fun
    THANK YOU!

• C4C6C

Innerspace, if you are going to quote me, then talk about something in the quote and don't reference someone else's post. DO not suggest I was complaining about only one car running. As much as that bothers me, I did not post it here.

Do not suggest that I complain about things at DL to Guest Relations. If you can find a post where I have done this, then fine.

No one suggested that anything ruined their trip. We are just pointing out things that should be common sense like picking up trash that you are co ntinuously walking by. The Sprite bottle on the ground did not bother me. Did I say it bothered me? NO. The point is that the employees at the ride have no pride and were able to walk by it numerous times without picking it up.

You couldn't even understand the leaves reference.

As for the double post, no it was not necessary. I was typing and accidentally sent the post and then finished my thoughts in a second one.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I don't think anybody pays a bunch of money to get into a theme park with the intention of finding things wrong with it. Along with that ticket you bought comes expectations of cleanliness and a certain level of upkeep. Apparently Magic Mountain can no longer uphold the standards it once had and therefore people are upset that the park can't keep a desirable reputation esthetically or otherwise.

Facebook me!

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Innerspace, if you are going to quote me, then talk about something in the quote and don't reference someone else's post. DO not suggest I was complaining about only one car running. As much as that bothers me, I did not post it here.

Do not suggest that I complain about things at DL to Guest Relations. If you can find a post where I have done this, then fine.

You couldn't even understand the leaves reference.
    I was referring to your quote when you said that I "don't know what [you're] talking about" as if I haven't been to Magic Mountain recently. And I believe that I stated that in the post that I had been to Magic Mountain recently, because, as I said, my brother and I go all the time. Those couple sentences were in answer to that quote you made. The remaining sentences were in reference to the OPs original post because you never made any such post. I thought that was pretty obvious, but I guess I had to spell it out for you. And when I say "you guys", I am not talking about YOU. I am making a general statement. I thought that was obvious too since the word 'guy' was pluralized, but I guess I had to spell that one out as well.

Today at Disneyland, I saw a trash can in the Space Mountain queue with black trash bags lying on the ground covered, in what looked like vomit, though it may have been spilled coffee. Should I have taken a picture, uploaded it on here and show it to all of the Internet world? Would everyone be as disgusted as they are with the trash at Magic Mountain, or would it not be as disgusting because it's from Disneyland? It just seems that almost everytime a Magic Mountain thread is posted on here, within hours, or even minutes the thread is bashed by negative comments. No offense TacAlert, but you were post #3, saying "this park is digusting", "employees have no respect", "the descrepit state", "the employees were talking too much." I've been to Disneyland many times where Cast Members socialize with each other, somtimes while helping guests, but no one seems to care when that happens. When it happens at Magic Mountain, it's bad.

But whatever, bash all you want, I'm done arguing.

• Hello Dolly.

You cant say overal MM has horrible employees because they could of been the same 1s that were lovely to me the next day. The garbage and the spiderwebs and leaves made MM a dirty park. But the next day it was clean and well maintained so it was a clean park. People who go every once and a while cant just make judgement like those who go daily. Most of the time i hear good things rather than bad things so it makes me upset when people post this park is horrible and is going downhill when you barely go. That horrible garbagecan could of just been walked by in 3 seconds and that could of been it, I must of admit it would of bothered me a little but I would of said something to an employee and moved on. Instead you let it bother you and ruin you trip. If you really care enough to complain about things like leaves or other things that need to be notified about( lke that garbage can) , or rude employees than you should of cared enough to go tell the parks managers who i seen walk around alot.

I heard from so much friends Universal Studios was a blast. But when I went for the 1st time it wasnt a trip to remember. Though we didnt let the problems bother us to much and managed to have some fun. But we wont say things like Universal Studios is a horrible dirty park to everyone, but if they asked we say the day we went wasnt the best day. Notice we said day, not overal like alot of people are doing because we barely go. But we still went back 2 years later because we barely go we could of had just went on a bad day the 1st time. And Im glad we werent so judgemental because we had a blast the second time and excited about going in December for the third..

And this was the 1st year MM started making changes so give it time because i agree its far from perfect but it isnt a horrible park you can have lots of fun. I noticed when I went the employees were very nice, even asking me is this your 1st time on X2 and they sounded excited talking about it to me. The whole park was clean enough for me not to notice anything wrong, no smells or to much garbage. And of course im not pathitic enough to notice if there were too leaves on the floor, come on. It takes more than a year to change a park for the better (*cough* California *cough* Adventure) but both parks can be enjoyable with the positive attidue... Its only getting better with the improvement and the attendance is rising so they are doing something right.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 11-20-2008 at 12:26 AM.

• C4C6C

• C4C6C

Last edited by TacAlert; 11-20-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast