Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• C4C6C

2009 Six Flags Flash Pass (video)

Instead of using the old fashioned paper flash passes, this is what they figure is going to improve Six Flags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=tArzTV9vl2I

YouTube - 2009 Flash Pass Training Video

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 2009 Six Flags Flash Pass (video)

They have had these at many other Six Flags parks for quite awhile. I think Magic Mountain (as well as a few others) were the only ones still using the paper passes.

I've used the system at Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Great Adventure.

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

And actually, this looks better. In the past you had to go to the actual attraction you wanted to ride next and scan it. From the looks of this it appears you can reserve your ride anywhere.

• aka the scorpion eater!

oh hell yeah! With the atrocious waits for rides at Magic Mountain and the long lines for things... this is so worth it! More Coasters crammed into one day with a fastpass type of system... perfect for the people like me who dont live in SoCal anymore to cram more coasters in one day... although I know it does cost a little extra but I am sure the price is worth it for what you get.. at least from the video thats how it seems!

Hmmm... now I am debating whether I should try six flags again whenever I make it back out to Cali... personally to be honest I dont really like Magic Mountain because the coasters are fun and all but theres way too many and never enough time in the day to ride them all along with the many other thrill rides they have... then after doing all those rides driving back makes you feel like you were drunk driving from all the motion sickness! But like the rides at the State Fair the drive back is such a challenge and kinda fun... lol

• Circle of Ancients

And this is coming to Magic Mountain according to the info on the 2009 XTREME Play Pass:

An Xtreme Play Pass includes all of the benefits of a Play Pass plus FREE parking every visit,
    in-park discounts on food and merchandise, FREE Fright Fest maze access and a discount on the new 2009 electronic The Flash Pass. A limited number of Xtreme Play Passes are available — get yours today before they sell out!
    This is a change from what it said not a week ago as it still had the paper passes listed.

And, for those of you looking to just get the regular Season Pass, they are having a sale today only.

Play Passes: Six Flags Magic Mountain

• C4C6C

Does it work the same as Fastpass where you have to wait 2 hours until the next pass (or less if return time is less than 2 hrs), or can you make the next reservation only after the ride time comes up for the current one?

• Circle of Ancients

At the other parks I went to, the wait time was generally the current stand-by line. So if for example, Tatsu has a 45 minute wait, you would get to come back in 45 minutes.

Other times, you would scan it, and then it would tell you right then you could go into the line with absolutely no wait. This happened 4 or 5 times to us at SFGAdv.

Generally though, we found that the amount you had to wait with the Q-bot (as it used to be called) were WAY less than the stand-by time posted.

• C4C6C

SOunds cool. Hopefully it works here.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    And this is coming to Magic Mountain according to the info on the 2009 XTREME Play Pass:

FREE Fright Fest maze access

So they charge extra to do the mazes at Fright Fest now... hmmm... is this something new? I was always under the assumption that the mazes and everything for Fright Fest was included in the admission which included whatever roller coaster they ran Backwards for Halloween [most years it was Collosus Backwards but one year I think they did viper backwards]... At least that was how it was always advertised on commercials.... you pay for the daytime admission and the fright fest stuff started later... though I heard the mazes and scare zones for Fright Fest were not that entertaining compared to Universal or Knotts... still if they charge extra for the Fright Fest mazes and the mazes wind up being crappy... that would be a waste.

personally when they advertised it as having everything included we almost made the long trip up the Magic Mountain for Fright Fest the year before moving to Phoenix [but we lived more than an hour away from Magic Mountain and the adults didnt want to make the drive ]

• Circle of Ancients

The mazes are free, but you can get a front of the line pass (just like with the rides) that are for the mazes. I know Universal does this, and I think Knott's did something like that with their hotel/dinner deals too.

I don't think they ever did Viper backwards, that would hurt even more than it does already. Maybe they did it in the dark???

• C4C6C

I believe they did charge this year for the mazes at MM. When there in October, announcements were being made that maze tickets could be purchased at Guest Relations. I believe there were signs also that said separate admission needed for mazes.

• Circle of Ancients

Really? That would be the first year I've heard of that.

Are you sure it wasn't just for Flash Pass tickets to bypass the lines at the mazes? Remember, SFMM is still using the tickets.

• C4C6C

It might have been. Like I said, I wasn't paying that much attention to it. I just remember seeing signs for something to be purchased. It quite could have been for Flashpasses for the mazes.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    At the other parks I went to, the wait time was generally the current stand-by line. So if for example, Tatsu has a 45 minute wait, you would get to come back in 45 minutes.
    Only problem is Magic Mountain has never really ever been able to accurately gauge wait time because there's always one problem or another. They can put up all the milestone signs in the world, but they mess with their coasters' capacity so much that queue line length alone never works as an accurate measure of wait time.

So I just wonder how they'll make this system work if its dependent on accurate readings of wait times when they've never been able to take accurate readings. If the Q-Bot isn't accompanied by new readings-taking procedures, there will be issues that will pop up.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Only problem is Magic Mountain has never really ever been able to accurately gauge wait time because there's always one problem or another. They can put up all the milestone signs in the world, but they mess with their coasters' capacity so much that queue line length alone never works as an accurate measure of wait time.

So I just wonder how they'll make this system work if its dependent on accurate readings of wait times when they've never been able to take accurate readings. If the Q-Bot isn't accompanied by new readings-taking procedures, there will be issues that will pop up.
    It's not just SFMM that has that problem. And the benefit generally goes to those using the Flash Pass system.

I remember when we were at Six Flags Great Adventure, and going to ride Skull Mountain. The displayed wait time was 10 minutes, so we decided to just wait in line. Upon getting in line, our friend who is a SFGAdv veteran said the wait was at least 40 minutes. We exited, scanned our (at that time) Q-bot and got a return time 10 minutes from the time we scanned.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Upon getting in line, our friend who is a SFGAdv veteran said the wait was at least 40 minutes. We exited, scanned our (at that time) Q-bot and got a return time 10 minutes from the time we scanned.
    That's exactly what I was afraid of. No attempt to actually improve capacity, wait times, or the readings of wait times is coming with Q-Bot.

I guess I expected some kind of electronic wait time notification system to be installed at the Q-Bot attractions similar to what was installed at Disney & Universal when they installed FastPass/Express. Then again, this is Six Flags and not either one of those...

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast