• Circle of Ancients

Six Flags Magic Mountain "highly profitable"

Well, according to Mark Shapiro it is.

Magic Mountain ‘highly profitable’ despite bankruptcy cloud looming over Six Flags - Travel - LATimes.com

Closer to home, Shapiro said Six Flags Magic Mountain is coming off one of it’s best seasons ever.

“Magic Mountain is highly profitable,” Shapiro said. “And we intend to keep it that way.”

Shapiro said Magic Mountain will get a new roller coaster in 2010 and a Wiggles World kiddie land by 2011. The adjacent Hurricane Harbor water park will see a new attraction in 2010, he said.
    So a little glimpse into the future of Magic Mountain. Another new coaster in 2010 as well as FINALLY something new for Hurricane Harbor. And Wiggles World in 2011.

Sounds good.

• When Will It Return?

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain "highly profitable"

And unlike the operations of 1996-2005, adding new coasters & entertainment is NOT coming at the expense of allowing general operations to deteriorate, and the workforce to denigrate into subpar jokes of customer service. That's what has me the most pumped about this news.

It's like watching a shopaholic who fell into crazy credit card debt, brought themselves out of it, and can now buy things again using money they actually have. It's great to see.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• C4C6C

As quoted from the article, "“The guest won’t see a difference this summer,” Shapiro said".

If you think the park has changed and is cleaned up, this is a good thing.

If you are like me and still haven't seen the differences, then this doesn't give me hope.

Anyways, I hope it does get better. I know I am critical of SFMM, but I hope they do improve more.

• mountains beyond mtns.

It sure looked highly profitable this past Saturday with Disneyland on a Saturday level crowds and long lines for Season passes, Flash Passes and food.

Even Jet Stream had a line reaching the queue entrance.

After 2011, do we finally get to skewer with a pitchfork anyone who argues that it's not a "family friendly" park? With not one, not two but three themed areas, that's a lot of real estate set aside for the under 48" crowd. Truth be told, I've seen my share of families with children at SFMM this year. Quite a few of them even ride X2.