Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

I agree with Clinksalot - the feel in the park is extremely welcoming. The employees are smiling and looking to help. After yesterday I'm sure its coming from the top down, from leadership by example.

A vibrant Magic Mountain doesn't detract from Disneyland. Why not get behind an improving park that's striving to offer more for families? As someone who remembers when the place was little more than Goldrusher and the Log Jammer, I'm glad to see the changes.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, I don't think SFMM and their management is trying to be Disneyland. And I don't think they WANT to be Disneyland.

But they are trying to, and succeeding in beating Knott's.

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Gregg, the photos are not showing up.
    I'm not seeing them either

• Lackey

I'm not seeing them either, and don't usually have a problem with them coming through.
    Great reading about your day. It has improved out there. We surprised the kids with passes at Christmas and got a great deal - $250 for four of us with parking on one, for the whole year!
    We were less than happy with some of the customer service. Discount book for passholders not being available until Spring (still waiting to get ours), "food court" running out of food by 1:00 and saying they probably wouldn't (and couldn't) get any more, with bad customer service from their location in general...
    Still, a great place for the kids, who can't get enough of rides, rides, rides. Also, the museum they have created at the top of the tower is fun and nostalgic, but already weathered displays from the sun/heat out there, and needs to be better maintained, to protect what they've got.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Circle of Ancients

I don't know why some of you are having issues, but here is the link to the album on Smugmug.
    greggandkristi : photos : Magic Mountain - March 22, 2009- powered by SmugMug

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

I can't see the pictures either, but i click the link and it worked!

The park look empty, is that right?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• we jumped out a window

Sir Clinks, I also cannot see the photos, both on Firefox or IE. I've been to the park 6 times this year already (tied with my 6 DLR visits this year) so I think I kind of know what it looks like. But I'll definitely take a look in your album link.

I'm glad to hear that you are much more enthusiastic about SFMM now!

I'll have to go to next year's event for sure as it'll be nice to enjoy the park with fellow MiceChatters (I'm also on TPR but don't know anyone there).

Btw, I went to the park today on my day off (since I felt so left out at not being able to go yesterday) and X2 didn't even open. The first thought that came to my mind was that you WCB'ers must've ran it into the ground! .
    Last edited by brand42; 03-23-2009 at 09:33 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

I re-uploaded the pictures, so hopefully you can see them now. If not, please let me know so I can contact Smugmug.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I can't see them still. But the link works. I am on Firefox.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

It was my first West Coast Bash and certainly not my last. Ty again Clinksalot and Monorail Man and Norm for making the day so much more fun hanging out and riding as much as we did.

I haven't been to Magic Mountain in years i think the last time was truely in 2006 and i will gladly go back sooner than expected. All the changes that have taken place for the better have really made this place improved from what it used to be. I would gladly revisit the park and that is something i haven't even considered prior to WCB. Now i'm really thinking about a season pass for the first time in years.

Seeing Management walking around picking up trash is something i have NOT seen in other parks. I feel confident in the park's management that things are shaping up in the right direction and can't wait to see once they actually get to where they want the park at.

The rain or weather i think helped us when the park was opened to the general public by keeping them away for the most part. But it was great for us. I will never forget the HAILSTORM while trying to eat lunch and not really caring nor the hundreds of others either. Hey it's only once that i eat lunch during a hailstorm with me and my food getting wet lol....

I don't think i've ever rode so much in a day at Magic Mt before. Heck even my best days at Disneyland we didn't ride as much as this day. I think we rode all the coasters but Canyon Blaster but no big deal. It was just great walking around the park as well and taking it easy.

So wish you could have joined us for nightime ERT. We managed to go on Superman, Ninja (frightenly scary in the dark) DejaVu (i think a new favorite for me) and then since Tatsu was having some minor problems and X2 closed due to winds we headed over to Goliath and rode a total of 7 times without getting off the train we were on except to switch seats. I wanted to be on the last train of the night but we didn't think it was fair to keep MonorailMan waiting for us. We kept saying 1 more ride 1 more ride. Of all rides to marathon in the dark for ERT i think Goliath was the perfect ride to end our day.

I love my piece of Terminator wood and am definitely hoping that there is something for us planned for the opening. I am ready and willing to camp out lol...

I slept so well and had to work last night but today is my first day of actually sitting down and resting. I would so consider even going up to the park this week with days off just so i can relax and hang out in a park. I haven't felt like this towards the park in a very long time.

• Goofy

wow excellent trip report sir clinksalot. glad to hear you guys had a blast.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Yeah, I don't think SFMM and their management is trying to be Disneyland. And I don't think they WANT to be Disneyland.

But they are trying to, and succeeding in beating Knott's.

knott's needs a butt whipping lessons.

• we jumped out a window

madmonkeygirl, about that season pass, go for it!!! I got mine last December and haven't looked back since. My Disneyland trips in '09 have paled to my SFMM trips! With the additional birthday celebrators and the 2fer crowd, it would take me 2 or 3 visits just to equal the 23 rides at SFMM I was able to go on during my visit yesterday (6 rides on Tatsu!!!!).

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that everyone's experience at WCB was positive and maybe I'll be seeing some of you at SFMM from now on?

Yup with Magic Mt improved the way it has and the amount of rides i was able to fit in on Sunday i'm definitely considering a season pass. Even if i didn't get in so many rides into a single regular day visit it's still awesome to go and just relax and whatever riding i do fit in i will take. I'm just Disney'd out and it Disney is getting very crowded and i just need a little Disney break. I can't wait til the 2fer and the birthday celebration is over with.

But my eyes were totally opened on Sunday with the overall appearance of the park as well as the direction it's being taken into. The management are approachable. I've never been more at ease by the management so easily within reach of questions either. Just amazes me they didn't try to hide anything during the Q&A's.

Oh they will probablly beat Knott's once Terminator debuts. I hope they do. With this economy Magic Mt is so much closer for me than Anaheim is.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I can see the pics fine. Looks like it was a really fun day. I'd like to visit Magic Mountain sometime. I tried to talk my parents into going when we were in California in 1989 and we happened to stop at a hotel that was pretty much across the street. But I was pushing my luck since we had been to Universal that day and Disneyland the day before. Heh!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast