Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What WB property would you use for Six Flags?

Forget Disney for a sec... what if YOU had the job of coming up with some new branded attractions for Six Flags. What would you do?

Me personally would love if the Iron Giant got some love. And that's all it would be. A roller coaster titled: THE IRON GIANT. Bare bones-esque coaster but made from spare parts from the junk yard. Actually the location of it would be in Dean's Junk Yard so you'd see some familiar realized props seen in the film while you queue for the ride.

The coaster vehicle would resemble the hot rod that Hogarth sat in when Giant spun him around.

Of course the part that I would love most would be the full scale replica of the giant standing next to the track.. perhaps holding a part of it up as if it wasn't quite finished. He would have light up eyes for the evening and a head that turns every now and then.

So that's my take on a six flags coaster. What would you guys do?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Re: What WB property would you use for Six Flags?

I love the concept. That would be one great looking coaster.

• Shablagoo!

Ok I got an idea. What about a Haunted Mansion style ride, based up Arkham Asylum from Batman. You could have his entire rogues gallery creeping it up in there.

basic Ride concept involves being trapped in the asylum as a riot starts. You would board doombuggy style vehicles as you ride thought. The Joker would be the "Ghost Host" giving you your tour of the asylum and introducing you to Batman's Rogues, some of which will take a swipe at you. At first the Joker will seem somewhat friendly, as he is known to do and then in the end will attempt to kill you with Joker gas (steam) and Batman will save the day. I imagine it could be done in a combined animatronic/video screen way with some villians on a screen in their cells, much like how Spider-Man or the screens in Monsters INc.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 03-24-2009 at 12:47 AM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

My first impulse would be towards something DC comics related but actually I'd like to see something similar to TSMM with the Looney Tunes characters.

For one game, you would shoot portable holes at the screen to aid Bugs Bunny in escaping from Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam. For another game, you would try to shoot down Wile E. Coyote's elaborate traps to bits so that Road Runner can run through the screen. That's the basic gist as I haven't thought it through entirely.

• MiceChat Moderator

Cool, guys, but does that seem too 'disney' to you guys? I know that's what they need but do you think they'd even bother being that themed?

Going off your Looney Tunes concept, Brand, do you think they should do a coaster geared to the whole family for a change? But use the Looney tunes characters? I don't want them to make a complete rip off of Space Mountain but a Duck Dodgers concept with Marvin the Martian might be kind of neat to see. Or just a generic Bugs Bunny coaster with some scenes to go through and the music of Carl Stalling as a soundtrack.

• Shablagoo!

No I dont think that is what they would do. but it is what I would do if in charge and if I had the money of course.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    No I dont think that is what they would do. but it is what I would do if in charge and if I had the money of course.

True. I don't know if you've gone to the Six Flags down here since you're in Washington but The Batman The Ride here is sorta themed. It's still a bare bones track though. If I had some extra money I'd put that thing indoors, put up some mock sky scraper flats with lit windows on both sides of the track to give you the illusion of flying through the city in a Batwing. I'd also have little lights on the ground to represent cars moving about and maybe simulated bullet fire.

..oh and the Danny Elfman music wouldn't hurt.

good idea.. sounds very interesting for me!
    thanE

• Circle of Ancients

Well, with "Wiggles World" set to open up in 2011 at SFMM ... I'd actually change that into "Animaniacs Land" (or something like that). I don't really care for the Wiggles, they are kinda creepy. The Animaniacs are cool.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Well, with "Wiggles World" set to open up in 2011 at SFMM ... I'd actually change that into "Animaniacs Land" (or something like that). I don't really care for the Wiggles, they are kinda creepy. The Animaniacs are cool.

The animaniacs ARE cool! Even Tiny Toons would make sense for a kiddie land right?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Ooooh Yeah, Tiny Toons would be awesome.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I LOVE Tiny Toons! Montana Max, Elmira, Furball (LOVED FURBALL THE MOST !), Plucky (Wallet go down the hole), Hampton and his family vacations, Dodo the Dodo bird, Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, etc .

If I had the ability to make my own 6 Flags park with WB content, I'd divide my park up into several themed portions. But the centerpiece of the park would be the WB watertower The Anamaniacs live in.

One section would be themed to vintage WB movies and would be a backlot with some rides. I'd put in my own walk of fame that would pay tribute to those who have made significant contributions to the WB franchise.

The rides here would include tram tours and that would probably be it. Everything else in that area would be like observation galleries featuring memoribilia from the movies we loved.

Another themed section of the park would be the Tiny Toon/Loony Tunes themed area which of course would be aimed towards children. Here you'd be able to ride kiddie rides and see stage shows.

The third section would be aimed towards super hero's and would contain many coasters. But during Halloween, it would be taken over by villains and the rides would receive new overlay and music.

For the Batman ride, you won't walk through a bland sewer. You'd walk through detailed sets of his life leading up to his encounter with the Joker. The coaster would be partially indoors and partially outdoors. It would contain special effects as you fly over the city of Gotham and even speed through the streets of Gotham with Batman as he tries to stop the Joker from taking over. One scene would be based after the scene from Dark Knight where you are chasing the Joker through the parking lot and the two of you are shooting guns back and fourth at each other.

I would probably even try to put something Sweeney Toddish into the park .

But OP, I love your thought on the Iron Giant ride. That's a fun movie indeed .

• Animation Domination

It would be great to see Freakazoid the roller coaster ride.
    Batman Beyond: The Ride a roller coaster that is inside a building.
    I don't know if SFMM has this but a drawing academy where you learn how to draw batman from the animated series or some character from Animaniacs.
    What about Buffy, the Vampire scary maze during Halloween time.
    SFMM can do something with Smallville.
    The Matrix 3-D experience an attraction like Terminator 2-3-D.
    Hanna-Barbera land for the little kids.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I LOVE Tiny Toons! Montana Max, Elmira, Furball (LOVED FURBALL THE MOST !), Plucky (Wallet go down the hole), Hampton and his family vacations, Dodo the Dodo bird, Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, etc .

If I had the ability to make my own 6 Flags park with WB content, I'd divide my park up into several themed portions. But the centerpiece of the park would be the WB watertower The Anamaniacs live in.

One section would be themed to vintage WB movies and would be a backlot with some rides. I'd put in my own walk of fame that would pay tribute to those who have made significant contributions to the WB franchise.

The rides here would include tram tours and that would probably be it. Everything else in that area would be like observation galleries featuring memoribilia from the movies we loved.

Another themed section of the park would be the Tiny Toon/Loony Tunes themed area which of course would be aimed towards children. Here you'd be able to ride kiddie rides and see stage shows.

The third section would be aimed towards super hero's and would contain many coasters. But during Halloween, it would be taken over by villains and the rides would receive new overlay and music.

For the Batman ride, you won't walk through a bland sewer. You'd walk through detailed sets of his life leading up to his encounter with the Joker. The coaster would be partially indoors and partially outdoors. It would contain special effects as you fly over the city of Gotham and even speed through the streets of Gotham with Batman as he tries to stop the Joker from taking over. One scene would be based after the scene from Dark Knight where you are chasing the Joker through the parking lot and the two of you are shooting guns back and fourth at each other.

I would probably even try to put something Sweeney Toddish into the park .

But OP, I love your thought on the Iron Giant ride. That's a fun movie indeed .

Thanks! Like the water tower and themed lands concept. It's kind of a mystery why they wouldn't embrace the WB factor into it a lot more.

• Animation Domination

SFMM can make a Splash Mountain type of ride based on Tiny Toons Adventures. Also Animaniacs bumper cars.
    "You are watching FOX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast