• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Six Flags over Texas reports record-breaking Spring Break crowds

Record Breaking Crowds for Spring Break at Six Flags Over Texas

ARLINGTON, Texas, March 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Over Texas, the Entertainment Capital of Texas, and the parent company's flagship park, announced today that Spring Break Out saw its largest one week attendance in the history of the event. The great value and close-to-home entertainment escape proved to be a hit with families and thrill seekers alike over the week of March 14-22.

Six Flags Over Texas extended hours all week long for headline entertainment including live and local performances featuring more than 25 bands from around North Texas and a special concert from Sean Kingston. Attendance was driven by the popular online "Everyone Pays Kid's Price" offer and the sale of Season Passes.

"Our guests recognize that Six Flags Over Texas is the ideal place to spend quality time with family and get the biggest bang for their hard-earned dollars." said Park President Steve Martindale. "Spring Break was just the beginning. Our mission at Six Flags this summer is to give families a much-needed respite from this economic environment."
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...4032009-1.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Goofy

Re: Six Flags over Texas reports record-breaking Spring Break crowds

thats good to hear for them.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually, Six Flags has gotten its act together, and the parks do well.... If they could just get rid of their "Credit Card" debt.....

The chain makes money, alas, ALMOST all the profit goes to pay off the debt that the prior owners racked up buying additional parks.

If the government is handing out "Stimulus" money, Six Flags should qualify!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

I think I mentioned in one of the other Six Flags threads that I predict a big year for Six Flags because of the "local" element and people not travelling.

I may have to find that.

ETA: Posted by me on March 15th:

I think this summer is going to be a good indicator as to the stability of Six Flags. I actually predict they are going to have a HUGE summer. People aren't travelling, Six Flags cater to the "local" fanbase of their parks. People are going to have a "Staycation" in their home-town, which means their Six Flags.
    And after my visit last Sunday, I can see going to SFMM many more times this year, especially considering how crazy-busy Disneyland has been.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think I mentioned in one of the other Six Flags threads that I predict a big year for Six Flags because of the "local" element and people not travelling.

I may have to find that.

ETA: Posted by me on March 15th:

And after my visit last Sunday, I can see going to SFMM many more times this year, especially considering how crazy-busy Disneyland has been.
    Just to add to that, within the past week, I've seen many billboards around Los Angeles advertising SFMM's 59.99 Play Pass. I'm sure that will more than help to provide a spike in season pass sales. Just 3 weeks ago, before the billboards started to appear, I had to wait in a 20 minute line to upgrade to the premium pass and get it processed.