Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hall Of Promise

Re: Magic Mountain traffic

I live in the Bay Area and every time I pass this area to get to SoCal it seems like this section of freeway is always under construction. If it isn't one thing they are doing, it's another.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    I live in the Bay Area and every time I pass this area to get to SoCal it seems like this section of freeway is always under construction. If it isn't one thing they are doing, it's another.
    We've only been literally rebuilding every freeway exit in the City over the past 18 years. What started at Lyons nearly 20 years ago went to McBean (bridge widening), then Valencia Blvd (complete bridge rebuild/widening, rebuild of all on/offramps, widening of Valencia Blvd & The Old Road), skipped over to the 126 interchange (complete bridge rebuild/rebuild of all on/offramps), went over to Hasley Canyon in Castaic (still ongoing), and has found itself at Magic Mtn. Pkwy. now (complete bridge rebuild, rebuild of all on/offramps, widening of Magic Mtn. Pkwy & The Old Road).

I think since they've run out of freeway exits to rebuild that they're about done now. Of course since Lyons is now nearly 20 years old, they might go back and rebuild that with all this stimulus goobla flying around.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Updates? Are they finished?

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    We've only been literally rebuilding every freeway exit in the City over the past 18 years. What started at Lyons nearly 20 years ago went to McBean (bridge widening), then Valencia Blvd (complete bridge rebuild/widening, rebuild of all on/offramps, widening of Valencia Blvd & The Old Road), skipped over to the 126 interchange (complete bridge rebuild/rebuild of all on/offramps), went over to Hasley Canyon in Castaic (still ongoing), and has found itself at Magic Mtn. Pkwy. now (complete bridge rebuild, rebuild of all on/offramps, widening of Magic Mtn. Pkwy & The Old Road).

I think since they've run out of freeway exits to rebuild that they're about done now. Of course since Lyons is now nearly 20 years old, they might go back and rebuild that with all this stimulus goobla flying around.
    HAHA That's amazing. Hey, at least there are jobs to be had and the end result (if there is any) will be a much better and safer freeway system through the city.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, I'm kind of dissapointed that they took out the old exit to the 126 right off the Old Road. Not even sure what is there now, if anything. Now you have to get off on (I think) Castaic Junction from the Old Road all the way up to Henry Mayo Dr. to get on the 126. Not THAT big of a deal, but certainly not as easy as the exit that was there.

I think the funniest thing is the shopping center they built on the other side of the CHP station that is ENTIRELY empty right now. It looks really nice too.

• When Will It Return?

Northbound I-5 offramp onto Magic Mountain Parkway is open again!

While the construction still isn't 100% yet, all that needs to be done is some median work under the freeway and west of The Old Road, and it will be totally done!

Quote Originally Posted by sirclinksalot
    I think the funniest thing is the shopping center they built on the other side of the CHP station that is ENTIRELY empty right now. It looks really nice too.
    You can bet the business owners there really really hope Newhall Ranch gets built.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

So, I take it there shouldn't be too much trouble this coming Sunday for the Termination Day event?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ Yeah, that's my understanding.

I can't wait either! It's going to be great fun.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12