Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

^ And they have. The management has been very vocal about cleaning out the gum. Trust me, they've done a phenomenal job getting all the gum and trash off the columns and walls. On rides such as Gold Rusher and Goliath, I could notice a visible improvement on the cleanliness of the queue.

And about FlashPass, I consider it to be on par with that of Universal-that is, you pay for certain privileges. Disney is the only one offering it for free, so I really don't know what you're whining about.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^ And they have. The management has been very vocal about cleaning out the gum. Trust me, they've done a phenomenal job getting all the gum and trash off the columns and walls. On rides such as Gold Rusher and Goliath, I could notice a visible improvement on the cleanliness of the queue.

And about FlashPass, I consider it to be on par with that of Universal-that is, you pay for certain privileges. Disney is the only one offering it for free, so I really don't know what you're whining about.
    Well, I won't deny that perhaps they've gotten the parked cleaned up compared to how it may have been, but all I know is that when I went on Saturday it was pretty bad.

And as far as the Flash Pass goes... I never denied that other places charge. All I said was that the price has doubled since I was last there. If you would have read my post carefully, perhaps you would have seen that. And if you would have read subsequent posts, you would have seen that PeopleMover Matt already explained to me that the process is different than it was two years ago when I last went and took advantage of the Fast Pass system. And I've also used the similar system at Universal Studios. So yeah... read things correctly before you call people out on things they didn't actually say.

• Choir nerd

Six Flags over Texas is the same way, or at least it was the single time I went...on student day.

One of the pastors at my church once told this story about SFoT: In line for one of the rides, there was this tree that was just covered in gum, and one of the guys he was with added his. One year later, he came back, and the same friend was able to find his piece of gum on the tree...and he started chewing it again.

Its a nasty story, but it gets the point across: the Six Flags parks don't clean up well. Of course, that story took place at least 25 years ago...

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Noski View Post
    Six Flags over Texas is the same way, or at least it was the single time I went...on student day.

One of the pastors at my church once told this story about SFoT: In line for one of the rides, there was this tree that was just covered in gum, and one of the guys he was with added his. One year later, he came back, and the same friend was able to find his piece of gum on the tree...and he started chewing it again.

Its a nasty story, but it gets the point across: the Six Flags parks don't clean up well. Of course, that story took place at least 25 years ago...
    Yikes! I went to Six Flags Over Texas a few times when I still lived in Texas... and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. This was over ten years ago, which would have made me in middle school, so to be honest I can't quite remember those things. Back then all I wanted to do was ride. Of course, I wasn't the stick-your-gum wherever you want to type.

Speaking of which they had a dark ride when I was a kid at SFOT called the Spee Lunker Cave which was just AWESOME. Supposedly Walt Disney himself was a fan of The Cave. I was bummed when I went back a few years later it was replaced with a Yosemite Sam ride.

• Choir nerd

^
    When I was there, I really wanted to go on that Yosemite Sam ride, but since it was student day, and management assumed we would only want to go on the big coasters, it was closed. I really want to go back to Six Flags, since its the only real amusement park we have in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, even though its filthy and inferior.

• Hello Dolly.

I remember at then Paramounts Great America while in line for a the rapid ride there was a tree with all its leaves covered in gum too. They been cut down the tree years back though but Im only 17 so not too long. Maybe then some themeparks allowed some trees to be covered in gum for some reason.
    It wasnt like their ride grizzly, which also had the wood to the sides covered in gum at the break run in the end. I knew that was just gross but they did replace the wood fast.

• When Will It Return?

And I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean tunnels covered in gum in years past. Why is this a relevant point to try to rip Six Flags with when it happens at literally every park? Is it gross? Yes, but, theme park guests are often times bad humans like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander
    As stated previously, Disney's FastPass is included in all theme park admissions. It is not free. The only difference is that Disney will not let you choose to pay for it while Six Flags and Universal each do in their own respective way.

You don't have to take my word for that, just ride a WDW Bus. The spiel about FastPass being included in all theme park admissions is repeated to all guests riding the bus whenever the bus is traveling to a theme park there.

Now granted, Disneyland's M&F Tram used to say FastPass is free, as did FP's initial commercial spots. But, neither of those are currently playing, and haven't for a very long time. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there's a reason for that.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• we jumped out a window

You can find plenty of gum presently affixed to various spots on Splash Mountain. You can also find carvings on the railings on the Mark Twain. I even saw gum on Big Thunder the other day.

Red Face Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    As stated previously, Disney's FastPass is included in all theme park admissions. It is not free. The only difference is that Disney will not let you choose to pay for it while Six Flags and Universal each do in their own respective way.
    Anything requiring a purchase beforehand is not "free" when you get right down to it, it's "included" or part of a customer rewards program.

• Choir nerd

I think y'all missed my point: when I told the story about the gum on the tree, my point was not that all Six Flags parks have gum all over the place and Disney parks don't, I meant that Six Flags over Texas has gum on one tree that stayed there for a year, and I didn't say Disney doesn't have the same problem.

• Banned User

I remember in 2002, which was the last time I went to MM, I witnessed a ride operator on Deja Vu break two very important rule of the state's ride safety regulations..

1)While waiting for the next car I witnessed the ride op manning the controlls chatting away on his cell phone. Two loaders were present and only the one nearest to the ride op had signaled 'Clear'. The other was still in the hold position checking saftey harnesses, before the farthest loader signaled clear the ride op sent the cars up the lift.

2)When the lift chain released from the car and the car came speeding back into the station it is a requirement for the ride op to give a clear warning that the train is entering the station, instead the ride op kept chatting on his phone staring at his console as the train whooshed back into the station. The speil was never given.

So I complained to guest services and they brought in a manager who was pretty young in my opinion to be an attractions manager but whatever.. the manager did not have a visible report on him and instead just took my verbal complaint. He then replied with "We will look into it and enjoy the rest of your day" and I never heard anything back from MM about that even after I had written my contact info on a sticky pad for the guy and gave it to him.

I didn't contact OSHA because frankly I didn't know what the proper means of communicating that particular type of issue. Instead I just decided never to return there again until they showed some improvement in the affore-mentioned categories:

Cleanleness
    Quality of Service
    Guests that attend generally are thugs
    The park reporting a profit
    And of course (SAFETY!!)

So far I haven't seen any improvements, only sharp decline.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ How can you see a sharp decline when you've never been there since 2002?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

I just got back from the park and all i can say is.. i don't understand the complaining in this thread. First off, If you go to a park and stare at a wall your going to find something that shouldn't be there. Most of the time there i wasn't paying too much attention to gum. But when i was looking, i didn't see anything that would make me say the park is filthy. But i did notice, while on Tatsu, when the ride starts you hit the chain lift and the floor was covered with gum.. that's the only time i thought the park was somewhat disgusting. Then again, i was being force to stare at the ground.
    When the park closed it was still sunny out so i didn't get a chance to inspect the lighting on some rides but i did notice a few. In Riddlers loading station the lights..i cant remember the name of it.. but the ones that had the ?, reflecting in the mirror towards the ground, were both broken (the mirror's were). So you would have to replace the lights entirely which could be pricey. And on Batman a few of the lights possibly were burnt out but the cave was still light up pretty well. A single bulb cost somewhere between 20-30 dollars which should be cheap enough for 6flags to replace but if they really needed to reduce spending those would be first to go.
    Anyways, i think the park looked its best that Ive seen in awhile. I don't go too often but i cant wait to go back. I especially enjoyed Terminator. I think its one of the most enjoyable ride in the park.

I witnessed a ride operator on Deja Vu break two very important rule of the state's ride safety regulations..
    I dont think i ever heard OP say anything as a train approached since the ride opened. But i noticed now that they honk this very annoying horn as is going through. And im not too sure if parks are forced to say a train is coming through the station.. you are behind a tall metal screen door.. does it really matter if they say "the train is coming"?? But the OP being on a cellphone is something that shouldnt be done PERIOD!.

And i think they should demolish Colossus next if they plan on making a new coaster. Its the worst ride in the park.

• Functional & Decorative

The park is being run much better than it was in 2002. I agree, if you haven't been there since then, how would you know if it's actually better?

Another area that SFMM has been much, much improved in that has not yet been mentioned is in frequent running of multiple trains. Back in the bad ole' days (probably around 2002, in fact), it was very common for only one train to be run on most rides. That is now generally an exception, rather than a rule, which results in much better line times than ever before.

If I'm heading off to Magic Mountain, and only had enough funding to choose between 1) no gum on trees, or 2) fast moving lines, I think I'd opt for the latter first, and work on the former later. Their bread and butter is roller coasters, and that's what people primarily visit SFMM for. Theming certainly doesn't hurt, and SFMM knows this (hence the fairly heavy theming in T:S), but first things first.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

^^ Thats something that kinda bugged me today. The first half of the day they were only running one train on every ride. By about 2 p.m they put a second car on almost every ride. Just about every ride had a line even though the park wasnt busy. I would expect the top rides (X2, Tatsu, Terminator, Goliath, maybe Viper) to be running two trains..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast