Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78
  1. #46

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    I just went to Magic Mountain for the first time, and was thoroughly impressed. In comparison to Knott's, while there may have been a less diverse set of rides, the operation of those rides and the general demeanor of the employees was much more efficient and enjoyable.

  2. #47

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I just went to Magic Mountain for the first time, and was thoroughly impressed. In comparison to Knott's, while there may have been a less diverse set of rides, the operation of those rides and the general demeanor of the employees was much more efficient and enjoyable.
    And sadly, 10 or 11 years ago, the opposite would have been true.


  3. #48

    • When Will It Return?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Yeah, Six Flags is actually encouraging more guest interaction and enjoyable discorses with guests. Taking initiative to help a lost guest, or offering to take a picture for a group is totally encouraged now. 5 or so years ago...not so much...

    "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

  4. #49

    • Knows Where His Towel Is
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    There's plenty encouraging signs. I look forward to the day when I can take my little children to SFMM someday (if I ever have children )

    INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel


    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

  5. #50

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    The rides there are fun, but the cleanliness of the park is disgusting! Don't even think about looking up while in line for Log Jammer! I almost cried because of all the spiders up there and there was a bat!!! You see spider webs, broken light bulbs, boring queue lines, and trash every where. I love the rides, but at the same time I feel like they aren't safe just by looking at how the rest of the park is cared for
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  6. #51

    • When Will It Return?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    The rides there are fun, but the cleanliness of the park is disgusting! Don't even think about looking up while in line for Log Jammer! I almost cried because of all the spiders up there and there was a bat!!! You see spider webs, broken light bulbs, boring queue lines, and trash every where. I love the rides, but at the same time I feel like they aren't safe just by looking at how the rest of the park is cared for
    Sounds like you haven't visited SFMM in quite a while.

    "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

  7. #52

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    i havent been there in years but i dont live local to go
    "I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father"


  8. #53

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,110

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    I just went last Monday and had a great time as always.

    A few positive signs stood out to me - employees handing out maps in front of the entrance, just past the security gates

    - the very entertaining two man comedy routine put on by Tatsu employees.

  9. #54

    • C4C6C
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I just went last Monday and had a great time as always.

    A few positive signs stood out to me - employees handing out maps in front of the entrance, just past the security gates

    - the very entertaining two man comedy routine put on by Tatsu employees.
    That's only a couple

  10. #55

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    - the very entertaining two man comedy routine put on by Tatsu employees.
    This one I actually have issue with.

    As slow as dispatches are for Tatsu, they should be concentrating more on getting people through the line rather than having ride-ops entertain you.

    This is something that Disney EXCELS in. For the most part, the ride-ops are just that, ride-ops. No entertaining, no games in line, etc. They realize that you are there for the RIDE, not for the comedic stylings of two 16 y/o kids.

    Anybody know if Knott's still does this too?


  11. #56

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Sounds like you haven't visited SFMM in quite a while.
    Actually, we went there last month and it was still nasty. At least that's my opinion. I have high expectations And it's disgusting compared to Disneyland
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  12. #57

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,110

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    That's only a couple
    Sure, but very few of you bother to read the SFMM trip reports that I've posted

  13. #58

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Anybody know if Knott's still does this too?
    Those horrible body mics they have on the dispatchers are the worst things. I don't like to hear how crappy their day is going or how funny they think they are.

    It's been the worst on Silver Bullet (though I'm aware crews change daily). The only exception to the horrible spieler rule has been at Pony Express, where I spied a two-finger point from the same spieler...

  14. #59

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Actually, we went there last month and it was still nasty. At least that's my opinion. I have high expectations And it's disgusting compared to Disneyland
    Stop comparing everything to Disney. If you do your going to be dissapointed.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It's been the worst on Silver Bullet (though I'm aware crews change daily). The only exception to the horrible spieler rule has been at Pony Express, where I spied a two-finger point from the same spieler...
    Silver Bullets crew has ALWAYS been the worst when it comes to that. Jaguars crew has always been the worse when it comes to dispatching trains in a timely manner.


  15. #60

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Went to Magic Mountain and wow... just wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Stop comparing everything to Disney. If you do your going to be dissapointed.



    Silver Bullets crew has ALWAYS been the worst when it comes to that. Jaguars crew has always been the worse when it comes to dispatching trains in a timely manner.
    Yeah, it's sad because I compare everything to Disneyland, but any and every theme park can be as clean as Disneyland, they just choose not to be. They can also hire good employees, they just choose not to
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Magic fire nears Magic Mountain
    By OogieBoogie in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
  2. Magic Mountain VEA
    By InnerSpace in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
  3. Magic Mountain crowds?
    By phruby in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
  4. Not so Magic Mountain
    By kato382 in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 12:36 AM
  5. Getting to Six Flags Magic Mountain - Please help
    By Thriller in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •