• we jumped out a window

The Greatest SFMM trip report ever posted for 5/28/09

I made a trip out to Six Flags Magic Mountain last Thursday to ride the new Terminator coaster.

I was the first one through the security check and into the courtyard at around 9:30 am.

10:30 rolls around and I'm off and rapidly walking towards the latest addition to SFMM's coaster collection. I took a shortcut behind Revolution and yet a few people still beat me to the Terminator queue.

I got on the second train of the day, saw that the front row was open so that's where I went. As it was still early in the day, I got to go on it two more times after that. I loved it tremendously especially from the back row! The coasters really speed through all the curves and tunnels and it makes for a very fun and very re-rideable ride. At least with me, not all rides at SFMM are all that re-rideable. For instance, I can only take 2 rides on Viper per day due to roughness and I can only do 1-2 rides on Riddler's Revenge

Look! Fortress of Solitude indeed!

I managed to go on 15 rides that day which isn't really that great but I left
    before closing because I got drenched from head to toe on Roaring Rapids and my shoes were too wet and squishy. It was also pretty busy for a Thursday thanks to some school groups that were in attendance. X2 was a 25 min. wait which isn't bad at all while Tatsu was 25-30 min. I exited Batman's queue after seeing how long its line was (at least 30 min.)

All in all, not my best trip to SFMM this year but at least I got 3 Terminator rides under my belt and my Play Pass pretty much guarantees this:

Last edited by brand42; 06-03-2009 at 10:19 PM.

• When Will It Return?

Re: The Greatest SFMM trip report ever posted for 5/28/09

Nice TR. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I'd say getting 15 rides in is pretty darn good considering Disney's standards for "a good day" in terms of rides is, I believe, 7-9.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• we jumped out a window

Thanks PeoplemoverMatt and Wheres Mickey!

Personally I don't consider 7-9 rides at DLR a good day at all. I always go for 18 or more myself.

I guess the tongue in cheek "greatest report ever posted for" so and so date gimmick isn't going over that well based on this report and a DLR one I posted so I'll have to come up with some other tagline in the future.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Terminator is a fun ride. I don't think it's safe though. It's literally just wood and nails. The structure shakes like crazy and it just doesn't feel safe. None of the rides at Six Flags feel or look safe. But they are fun...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Awesome pics! I haven't been to six flags since Deja Vu. I'm really in need of a return trip!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Terminator is a fun ride. I don't think it's safe though. It's literally just wood and nails. The structure shakes like crazy and it just doesn't feel safe. None of the rides at Six Flags feel or look safe. But they are fun...
    When's the last time a ride at SFMM had a structural failure that killed or injured a guest? When's the last time that happened at Disneyland?

Terminator would NOT be safe if it didn't shake at all, and for a wooden coaster, it's got a tremendously dense, overbuilt structure.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• When Will It Return?

I'd say your perceptions of what a safe look/feel are pretty far off.

Any structure needs to bend & flex, or it has a far higher chance of fracturing when under stress. Wooden coasters especially need to do this. And even though Terminator is a wooden coaster, there are quite a few steel I-beams here & there in the structure. Look around at some pictures & you'll be able to pick them out.

As far as looking safe goes...what exactly is looking safe? How would you describe that, and how are 'none' of the rides at SFMM not looking like that?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Circle of Ancients

If any of the rides at SFMM weren't safe, they wouldn't be open ... PERIOD.

Yeah... The rides at SFMM have a great safety record as do the designers they use to make them.

A little insight to that explorer in the queue at the Terminator ride.

That use to be my departments car used in maintenance.

It broke down so it is apart of the ride. x.x"