• MiceAge Columnist

Six Flags over Georgia: FlashPass?

Am I correct in assuming that the FlashPass at SFOG is a Q-bot?

We're going on a Saturday in July. Never been before. Have kids and will need to spend lots of time on the kid stuff (Thomastown, etc), but want to see 2-4 of the coasters for the adults. Problem: we have no "babysitter" so we'll just take turns going on the big rides.

Question: should we get a Gold FLP? And if so, can we get away with buying a one-person version, rather than a two-person, since we'll have to take turns anyway?

Will the park be busy enough to need a FLP?

Thanks in advance. I promise a miceage write up after the trip
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Six Flags over Georgia: FlashPass?

Yes, that is correct Kevin. FlashPass is just the new name for Q-bot.

We used the Q-bot at SFOG a few years back and it worked GREAT. You may want to upgrade to the Gold since it will be a Saturday.

I don't see why you couldn't get away with the 1-person Gold Flashpass since you will be taking turns. I don't remember if they also give out bracelets for it. Although some rides (like Monster Mansion) that you can all ride also take the Flash Pass. So you may want to make sure you get in line for that early if you aren't getting the FlashPass for everybody.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the park. It's one of my favorite Six Flags parks.

As for coasters to ride (I know you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway):

I thought the collection of coasters was actually REALLY good. About the only one I didn't care for was Viper (Vekoma multi-looper). Superman is great (and you can compare it to Manta) as well as the two woodies. Goliath wasn't open when we were there, but I've heard a LOT of good things about it. And Mind Bender is AWESOME. Just watch out for the "third loop".

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Six Flags Over Georgia seems to always have the latest version of the Q-bot system. The Gold version is great to cut lines, but quantities are limited.

There are no wristbands issued, so whoever has the device gets to ride.

One great feature if it is busy is that you now choose rides directly from the Q-bot. You no longer have to scan the device at the entrance of every attraction.

One last word of warning, Monster Mansion is darker and a good bit scarier than Monster Plantation. I saw a few young kids leaving in tears today. It is a Wonderful upgrade that should not be missed.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'll cut to the chase: SFoG isn't the best with operations or crowds, but they have some AWESOME rides.

Goliath is my #2 steel.
    Mindbender is in my top 10.

Acrophobia is the best drop tower out there.

Monster Plantation (was) awesome.

If you're shooting for only 2-4 adult coasters, Goliath & Mindbender are for sure. Superman and Great American Scream Machine would be two more.

Skip Ninja, you'll regret it. Same with Cyclone and the Scorcher.

But if you want a great (fun!) kiddie coaster, the Wile E Coyote's Canyon Blaster is awesome.

Just had to offer my opinions. Have fun.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Oh, see, I LOVE Cyclone (need to sit in the 2nd to last row) and Scorcher is actually my favorite stand-up coaster.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Oh, see, I LOVE Cyclone (need to sit in the 2nd to last row) and Scorcher is actually my favorite stand-up coaster.
    People rave for Scorcher...but I can't stand stand-up coasters. That coaster started my first trip to SFoG ever...and I was seeing stars 1/2 way through. I guess I just recommend against it by habit not.

But Cyclone...see I don't need to be beaten that much by a coaster. I will say the same thing against my home (former) Cyclone at SFNE. And I certainly don't feel the need to be beaten that much by a coaster when traveling!

• Circle of Ancients

I didn't get beat-up on Cyclone AT ALL. I've heard that people have, but I didn't have that experience. I also don't care for wooden coasters that hurt.

• MiceAge Columnist

I emailed the head of PR for SFOG, and he confirmed that my FlashPass plan was not at all against the rules. yay!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Circle of Ancients

That's actually really good to know Kevin, especially if a few people in your party don't ride.