Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: Best Six Flags park?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    Not to mention dangerous! They had a bad gang problem there, and the last few times I have been there I have seen some pretty sketchy people!
    A 'few sketchy people' does not a gang problem make.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Six Flags Magic Mountain holds the top income from all the parks.
    They profit from the most amount of people and popularity.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Six Flags is a year-round park. The rest are only seasonal. So of course it's going to have the most income/most guests.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    If I may be so bold, I would like to submit that Six Flags America (Baltimore) is at or near the very bottom. The entrance area is not so bad, but really...the rest of the park is pretty much a dump.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I do have to agree about Six Flags America being near the bottom. Granted, my one and only visit there was nearly ten years ago, but I really got that "ghetto" vibe, especially from the park employees, who really didn't seem to care about their jobs, and would spend more time chatting with each other that actually operating rides
    SF America is doomed from the get go. The park is one that has morphed several times to expand into someone it wasn't.

The park started out as Wet n Wild, which was mainly a water park, and they later started adding coasters, etc. Then later it was bought by SF and further expanded.

The park is in the worst county in the region, low income, and crime ridden. Most people only consider going there when it's a private event.

The smart people goto Kings Dominion instead (about 150mins away from SFA)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Well, I have only been to Six Flags Great Adventure (And I have been there quite a few times) and I really like that park. So it gets my vote!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

I have been to only two Six Flags parks, Kentucky Kingdom and Great Adventure. Of Those, I think that Great Adventure is the better part overall. Now it doesn't help that Six Flags has not done anything with Kentucky Kingdom in a long time. This year, they got rid of Chang and are going to make a new water park section. Now Kentucky doesn't have any major parks, i don't see why they don't take advantage of this. Of cource, Holiday World is close by and Kings Island is about a two hour drive from this park.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Ive been to several SF parks...and still stand by magic mountain as the best one. It gets a bad rap for the crowd it attracts...but honestly in my opinion it has gotten much better in the last year or so. Theres even a police station at the front of the park... The last time I went was in august, on a saturday, and we had a wonderful time. yeah overall SFMM is the best, one of my favorite parks

sf great america was pretty good too...marine world is alright

• Wishing

But are people looking at it from all points? Most Six Flags have a ride base. Magic Mountain is probably not much more than rides, I've never been there but hope to go this summer. Discovery Kingdom was basically a zoo as Marine World prior to being bought by Six Flags and adding a few rides in. There are really only 3 major coasters, Kong, Medusa and Roar. Followed by the smaller coasters V2, Boomerang and Tony Hawks Big Spin.
    In fact I believe there is only one other Six Flags with animals that being New Jersey. They got their Dolphins from SFDK after the buy out.
    Is it really fair to compare so completely different styles of parks simply because they are all owned by Six Flags.

I've only been to Six Flags Great America (my hometown park) and I have almost no complaints about it. The staff is always great and friendly...in fact almost over-the-top friendly. Everyone from the custodial crews to the ride crews are required to greet every guest they see...and boy do they great!

Plus, the selection of rides is incredible! Their operations as a park are top of the line.

Overall, it's a great park. All that is missing right now is the strong presence of entertainment.

• DVC owner and loving it !

Six Flags great adventure should be re-named to six flags great roller coaster. The coasters there are many and awesome. go mid week before school lets out as NYCity and Philly are not far.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

omg i just realized i've been to more than one! so i can compare!

ok well i went to animal kingdom (or marine world) that one was pretty cool.

then also great america, i probably would have liked it, but the only time i went there, i was with some guys who were scared of coasters. lame. but overall it was alright, i feel like i need to go to great america again
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• ...is busy, please hold.

I've only been to La Ronde before, but it was still amazing.
    (Monstre+Goliath= TOTAL BALLS!)

Being in the maritimes, i have to say my next SF would be Great Adventure. It's only a pipe-dream.....but still....

KINGDA KA!! KINGDA KA!! =3
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Dont forget Six Flags Mexico, it probably has the best theming and some really good rides.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

My first Six Flags park was Six Flags Over Texas when I was about seven years old. It was also my first theme park, so I really enjoyed it. Over the years I visited on occasion, perhaps being at the park about four times total. My last visit was about ten years ago. I remember they had some great thrill rides. They also had one called "The Cave," which was a dark ride and if you believe the stories, it is rumored that Walt Disney himself had a hand in it. I used to love that ride, but sometime in the '90s they replaced it with a Looney Tunes dark ride which had nothing on The Cave. I'm still sad they replaced such a unique, one-of-a-kind attraction. Another thing that's cool is the park's lands. They're themed to the six flags that flew over Texas (this is how the park, and ultimately all SF parks, got their name).

My second SF park was Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I lived in San Antonio for four years while in college, and my sister began living there during that time. I visited the park from time to time, though my first visit must have been sometime in the '90s shortly after it became a Six Flags park. I think thematically it's very cohesive and the different lands are clearly marked as such. It's a bit smaller that most other SF parks, and it was installed inside a former caliche pit, so it tends to get very hot during the summer. They have some great rides, though. The Boomerang is fun. The Road Runner Express is also fun, and more mild than the nearby Rattler (which is darn fun, but bumpy). I also enjoyed the Superman Krypton Coaster as well as Poltergeist. Poltergeist is so unique and it launches you much faster than Superman over at MM. The ride also makes an eerie and ghostly whisling sound while the trains navigate the track. They also do pretty well with the Halloween theme during thta time of year.

The last SF park I've been to has been Magic Mountain. In terms of thrill rides, it definitely has more than the other two and probably requires a longer day at the park because of that if you want to do everything. The theme here is a bit hard to follow, but when you're enjoying so many awesome coasters that becomes pretty unimportant.

As far as a family park goes, I'd say Fiesta Texas is best (they also have a lot of shows). In terms of a park that's more for people of all ages with a bit of everything, I'd say Six Flags Over Texas is best. For a park that offers full-on thrills, Magic Mountain is the way to go.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 04-17-2010 at 09:58 AM.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    And Six Flags New England. Now, without Superman, this wouldn't be a world class park. This park benefited from Six Flags buying it, loading it with a kick-butt ride, but not burying it in debt. The park never got too big for it's surrounding population (which sadly does limit the coaster lineup) but it got enough of a boost to put it on the map. The small size, combined with the draw of Superman give this park a good attendance without high maintenence costs. There is never the excuse "we can't do it right now". This means the park is clean, the rides are running, and the place is staffed properly. Now while I would only say Superman, Batman and Thunderbolt are actually the only good coasters, Superman is good enough to keep me coming (though I have not been in 3 years). And this was all under the old management. I am a bit concerned though about the photos I have seen of the last few years with the new Wiggles World and park expansions cutting down lots of the trees. The trees and hills and the wooded area in the middle of the park were part of it's charm...and I don't want it to become a big flat concrete nightmare.
    IMO Riverside was just fine without Six Flags coming in and I think you forgot to mention the Cyclone.

Anyway Six Flags New England is top!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast