Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absurd Lockers

Absurd Lockers

I was at SFMM a while back and i noticed that almost every ride had lockers to put ur stuff in for $1 one time use. idk why they dnt have little sliding things like at disneyland and knotts. I think they r making alot of money off of this.
    Are all the SF parks doing this as well?
    Opinions?
    First Trip To WDW 8/16/09-8/27/09 was the best!!

• we jumped out a window

Re: Absurd Lockers

I believe most, if not all Six Flags parks do this.

Part of it is due to safety concerns especially on rides like X2 and Tatsu and Riddler's Revenge and Deja Vu. Would you want other people's belongings to fly out of pouches or their hands and possibly hit other riders?

• Closed Account

In addition to the safety issue of loose aritcles, the locker policy also helps to significantly decrease wait times for rides as well as preventing theft of guests' belongings. Six Flags has found that if riders aren't taking an extra 20 seconds to place loose items in cubbies on each train, wait time for rides and attractions decrease.

If guests are bothered by these "one-time use" lockers, there are a few options:
    Leave loose items with a non-riding member of your group.
    Purchase an "all-day" locker at the front of the park.
    Don't bring anything with you which doesn't fit safely in your pockets.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, I have absolutely no problem with the policy. There are 8 rides at SFMM that have the locker policy (from what I recall). X2, Viper, Tatsu, Terminator, Batman, Scream, Riddlers, Goliath. That's $8. Unless your going by yourself, you split the cost between a few people. So your talking as little as $2 (if you have 4 people in your group) or even just $4 if your with one other person. Not to even mention if you have a non-rider in your group who can watch the stuff. Most days we get $5 worth of coins and it's PLENTY.

Even though I RARELY have any kind of bag at SFMM, I still will generally get a locker for my keys and camera on the rides that go upside down.

IMO, it's a small price to pay to ensure that my stuff is safe. I've lost WAY too much stuff on rides.

• we jumped out a window

Is Viper enforcing the locker policy now? I've stopped going on that ride because you never know if it's going to be great or decent or extremely painful but the last few times I went on it, people left their belongings in the racks alongside the wall.

• Closed Account

The policy is now uniformly enforced throughout the entire park.

• When Will It Return?

Ask Smarte Carte about the $1 fee. They are the ones who own/run/maintain the lockers.

But if the $1 fee is a turn-off, there are the options of the full-day lockers next door to Flash Pass Sales Office, or simply wearing pants with zippered pockets.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220 View Post
    The policy is now uniformly enforced throughout the entire park.
    Even on Canyon Blaster?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ As stated above...8 rides have lockers, and no, Canyon Blaster is not one of them.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

They are trying to make money, and they have to have them to prevent lawsuits.

After reading this thread, I made sure to wear cargo pants with HUGE, closeable pockets on my visit to Six Flags. I got a pair of cargo pants on sale for $15, and while I felt silly buying them just for my trip, at they end of the day they more than paid for themselves! Plus I didn't have to waste time hunting for a locker.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Yeah its wild because when I go to a park where I know there will be coasters and other wild stuff I make sure to wear something with zippable pockets and practice taking less stuff! However I love Knotts policy of having the cubbies on the side of the station as that was a godsend during the late night coaster run on Sierra Sidewinder and Silver Bullet but had I not visited Knotts for Haunt probably would have worn my jacket with zippable pockets and carried as little as possible and whenever I visit anywhere that has coasters of the magnitude that Magic Mountain has, I make sure to carry only the bare essentials and thats it! And then again, zippable pockets!
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by rssodir View Post
    They are trying to make money, and they have to have them to prevent lawsuits.
    It really has nothing to do with either. If this was really an attempt to make money, why would they offer services like internet access and package pick-up for free?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Circle of Ancients

If anybody has seen the improvement in ride loading times since the locker policy went into effect then you should not be complaining.

The lines are moving MUCH faster now than they were in the past. Which is good for EVERYBODY.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They have lockers like these at Busch Gardens Tampa as well, but they only cost 50. No loose articles are permitted on any of the coasters or other thrill rides. And with good reason. I saw a kid lose their cell phone on Sheikra because they were stupid and pulled it out of their pocket to use while on the ride. If you're wearing flip-flops, they make you take them off and store them in a bin at the unload area as they don't want those to come flying off during the ride and then the guest be shoeless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast