• Circle of Ancients

Magic Mountain announces 17th coaster

Mr. Six's Dance Coaster, coming Memorial Day Weekend.

http://micechat.com/forums/news/1310...post1055784123

Thoughts?

IMO, this is just what the park needs and the area that it's in isn't clumped in with the other kiddie rides.

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Magic Mountain announces 17th coaster

I went on Pandemonium while it still belonged to Mr. Six. Six Flags New England is my home park.

If they're going to call it "DanceCoaster," they should have on-board audio. That would be fun.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Let it go one record SFNE had a Mr Six coaster first...and management decreed "lets not use Mr Six anymore"...and he was removed. Now that they are using Mr Six again and putting him on new (moved) coasters in SFMM, put Mr Six back into SFNE.

So let it be written.
    So let it be done.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Now that they are using Mr Six again and putting him on new (moved) coasters in SFMM, put Mr Six back into SFNE.
    I don't mind his abscence on the coaster... His only presence were these cheesy turning figures around the sharp turns, if I remember correctly.

But I do love Pandemonium itself. Fun ride.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Wait, Magic Mountain is still open!!??
    Last edited by elly; 01-28-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: oops! clicked Edit, meant to click Quote
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Mr. Six gives me the creep! I wish they would just get rid of him. Once I saw him holding a baby and it majorly made me want to report him to the cops. The coaster looks cool...but surely they aren't keeping him around forever!?!?!
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Starshyne
    The coaster looks cool...but surely they aren't keeping him around forever!?!?!
    Why not? He receives a positive response from almost everyone. When his song hits and he starts dancing around like crazy, I can't help but break a grin, and I've seen him more times than I can count.

This is basically Gadget's Go-Coaster comes to Magic Mountain, but at least this one has a character that people recognize. Mr. Six's character embodies having fun, and having a good time. That's exactly what a day at a theme park is all about. The character works, as does the theme.

While it's not a record-breaker, the coaster exactly the kind of coaster that Magic Mountain needs. Magic Mountain already has plenty of high-speed mega-thrill attractions. Building another one would be the fastest way outside of the government to waste $20 Million. It would have caused at best a marginal increase in attendance, and would have further cemented the unfair stereotype that SFMM is only for teens & thugs.

Adding this coaster gives all the pro's of Gadget's Go-Coaster while nesting it beside awesome coasters Deja Vu & Terminator Salvation: The Ride, popular food offerings Johnny Rockets & ColdStone, and around fun midway games that DanceCoaster's primary audience has a lot of fun with. In other words, IMO, a better spot than between Mickey's House & Goofy's Bounceless House.

Most important of all, it's another option for kids whose parents can much better afford a $27 admission price over the the $73/$97 Disneyland price point. Same coaster. Do the math.

Looking forward to this year, and to next year when big things are in store for Six Flags' 50th Anniversary!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Wait, Magic Mountain is still open!!??

i see what you did there sir
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Crazy Furry

Well this certainly is something the park needs, however the rumored 42" height requirment is one of the biggest bone-headed moves I've seen from the park recently.

42" for a coaster that's usually a 35" or 36" height requirment everywhere else, if it's true the 42" is the absolute minimum...then SFMM has missed the target audience compleatly.

If a kid is 42", they can just go to CGA and ride the Demon!
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• we jumped out a window

Regarding the height restrictions, most likely it is going to be 36" if accompanied by an adult, 42" if riding alone.