• Circle of Ancients

Six Flags launches an official blog

Six Flags: Blog

Could be interesting. Hopefully they will keep it updated.

February 10, 2010
    Mike Scollins, Six Flags Social Media Agent

You're probably wondering what you're doing here. We're already incredibly active in the online space. Do we really need another forum in which to dazzle you with our masterful usage of the English language? Well, yeah, we do. Twitter is amazing but there's some information that simply can’t be conveyed in 140 characters or less. And Facebook, I love you, but every time I sign on is another crippling reminder that Megan Fox still hasn't accepted my Friend Request.

So what's the point of the blog? Well, where Twitter and Facebook are all about interacting and creating conversations with you guys, the blog is about giving you the straight news. Every Wednesday and Friday, I'll be posting the most up-to-date, info direct from inside company headquarters. What are we doing to gear up for the new season? How's Six Flags Dubailand coming along? This is going to be your one stop shopping for all the exciting action coming out of Six Flags.

But you won't just hear from me. Once a month when I feign sick to catch up on General Hospital, I'll be turning the blogging duties over to a cadre of guest editors. Park Technicians, fancy suited VPs, maybe even Mr. Six himself will all take a turn sitting at my desk and letting you know what's up in their unique world.

And now that the introductions are over, we'll resume with your regularly scheduled blog. Check back on Friday when I'll let you know how you can win a couple Season Passes and teach you eight simple steps to rock hard abs.* Till then.

Mike
    Six Flags Social Media Agent

* Ok, fine. I'm just gonna talk about the Season Passes.

• C4C6C

Re: Six Flags launches an official blog

Aren't you supposed to be able to respond to a blog? Otherwise it's pretty cool. I like the loyalty program.

• we jumped out a window

There's already been a few entries so it looks like we'll get 1-2 updates per week if not more.

Free "skip the line" passes??? awesome!

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Free "skip the line" passes??? awesome!
    Yes, that caught my attention right away. I haven't had MM passes for a couple of years and looking forward to this year.